Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

View Poll Results: What color to order for 2004 330ci ZHP?
alpine white 43 57.33%
titanium silver 32 42.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2004, 06:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 640xi GC
2004 330ci ZHP -- alpine white or titanium silver?

I am trying to decide what color to order for 2004 330ci ZHP -- alpine white or titanium silver? what do you guys think? Is alpine white hard to keep clean?

Thanks.
Ads by Google
Old 01-22-2004, 06:59 AM

Mein Auto: '88 M3, '01 Z3, '06 330i
I think Silver is out. Every new BMW on the road is silver. Personally I am over silver autos.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:01 AM
Retired and Enjoying It

Mein Auto: 06 Vette (04 330Ci sold)
I find Alpine White stays cleaner looking longer than expected. In my opinion , it looks nice, offers a good shine (I use Klasse All-In-One) and hides most dirt very well.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:18 AM

Mein Auto: E30, M3, 540i
That was a very difficult vote for me. If I were unable to get black, it would be between those two colors. I voted for white.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:04 AM
Do the interns get Glocks

Send a message via AIM to LmtdSlip
Mein Auto: 325iC
You didn't give an option for neither...

Photobucket
Old 01-22-2004, 09:12 AM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: 2013 328i, 2003 325i
I voted for white but I think for a ZHP car, it needs to be a red or black!

I have a white X5 and it doesn't show dirt too much, until you wipe some off, then you really notice the difference. I got the 325 in orient blue as the sportier cars appear better with a darker color, IMO. The detailer I use says that silver is best in not showing dirt, but there are way too many silver bimmers out there.
'89 325i Bronz, AT(retired)
'02 325i StlGrey, AT, PP, SP
'13 328i AlpWhite, AT8, Xenon, HK
Old 01-22-2004, 09:45 AM
In Driving Heaven

Mein Auto: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LmtdSlip
You didn't give an option for neither...
Because he wants to buy one or the other. Not Dakar Yellow or some other hideous color.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Mystic Blue 330i, SP, PP, Nav, Heated Seats, Step -- ED July 10, 2003
Old 01-22-2004, 10:18 AM

Mein Auto: 04 IR 330Ci ZHP
I'm ordering my 330ci ZHP tomorrow and I think I'm going to get Silver Gray. I have Titanium silver right now and it really hides the dirt, and I like the look of Titanium silver with a nice dark tint.

I would get black if it didn't get swirls
Old 01-22-2004, 10:53 AM
custom user title!

Mein Auto: l
get that dark grey ....

ben
Old 01-22-2004, 11:20 AM

Mein Auto: e90 M3 M-DCT wk22 build..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianDoc
I am trying to decide what color to order for 2004 330ci ZHP -- alpine white or titanium silver? what do you guys think? Is alpine white hard to keep clean?

Thanks.
Silver Gray, then TiAg, then White
Old 01-22-2004, 11:54 AM

Send a message via MSN to silvergti
Mein Auto: 2004 330i ZHP AW
Alpine white, most definitely. I think it shows off the "marketing pkg" much more than the silver. Plus, the ZHP has the black headlights, so it looks better IMO against the white than the silver. After clears have been put on, all else equal, Black is Beautiful, but White is Allright. Give it a couple of years and White is going to look almost new. I think white 3ers look more European anyway, and really stand out in a crowd of shades of gray.

On a side note, am I th only one who thinks that silver gray is the worst shade of gray that BMW has ever made? I mean, it looks all splotchy in the sunlight like it was sprayed with a really bad paint gun. It looks like it is always dirty. At lest the Titanium silver will look clean when you wash it. Oh well, they should have introduced Carbon Black or kept the old charcoal gray color, I can't remember the name of it offhand.

To be completely honest with you, if you are going to spend the money on a new one, and order it, you may as well look at the individualizer and pick a cool color off of there. I would take any of those colors over the ones offered stateside. Do a ED and that will cover the cost of it. Maybe Diamond metallic is be the "perfect" compromise between the two?

http://www.bmw.com/generic/com/en/pr...ual/index.html
Old 01-22-2004, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergti
Alpine white, most definitely. I think it shows off the "marketing pkg" much more than the silver. Plus, the ZHP has the black headlights, so it looks better IMO against the white than the silver. After clears have been put on, all else equal, Black is Beautiful, but White is Allright. Give it a couple of years and White is going to look almost new. I think white 3ers look more European anyway, and really stand out in a crowd of shades of gray.

On a side note, am I th only one who thinks that silver gray is the worst shade of gray that BMW has ever made? I mean, it looks all splotchy in the sunlight like it was sprayed with a really bad paint gun. It looks like it is always dirty. At lest the Titanium silver will look clean when you wash it. Oh well, they should have introduced Carbon Black or kept the old charcoal gray color, I can't remember the name of it offhand.

To be completely honest with you, if you are going to spend the money on a new one, and order it, you may as well look at the individualizer and pick a cool color off of there. I would take any of those colors over the ones offered stateside. Do a ED and that will cover the cost of it. Maybe Diamond metallic is be the "perfect" compromise between the two?

http://www.bmw.com/generic/com/en/pr...ual/index.html
Wow, thanks for that link! I've never seen that before or thought about choosing an individual color since I'm ordering it.

Do you know how much the individual colors run?
Old 01-22-2004, 12:53 PM
into things retro

Mein Auto: '02 M3 SMG & '08 135i
I have BMWs in both, but for a ZHP, I'd go with the white.
Photo gallery
Old 01-22-2004, 01:34 PM
I AM CANADIAN!

Mein Auto: 2001 330i TS/BLK
The white looks better with the amber corner lamps.

2001 330i Titanium silver, Black Leather, Steptronic, Premium Package, Clears, M3 Steering wheel with paddle-shift, M deadpedal, M3 trunk lip, M Aerodynamic kit, First-Aid kit, Warning Triangle, CD changer, Black Headlight Trim, Gloss black front grills, H&R cupkit, M3 RSMs, RD sway bars, Clubsport Splitters, and more...
Old 01-22-2004, 04:22 PM

Mein Auto: '04 M3, SMG
White is right.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:

On a side note, am I th only one who thinks that silver gray is the worst shade of gray that BMW has ever made?
So far, it would appear so

j/k dude, you are entitled to your opinion.

I was frankly astonished at the vote, would have thought TiAg would have won hands down. We've never had a white car, and would bow to those who have, but doesn't the dirt show up quickly? I'm thinking particularly of the areas on the underbody behind each wheel. They always seem to be pretty dirty on mine, but with the silver gray you never really notice. I guess white, I don't know, just looks like a Tokyo delivery van (notwithstanding it is of course the German racing colour )

Someone talked about the clears on the car, not sure if they are clear on the coupe but on the sedan with silver car looks MUCH better IMHO than the amber....

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:48 PM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: 2013 328i, 2003 325i
Quote:
Oh well, they should have introduced Carbon Black or kept the old charcoal gray color, I can't remember the name of it offhand.

It was called "anthracite gray" - I had a '77 320i with that color and it looked good.
'89 325i Bronz, AT(retired)
'02 325i StlGrey, AT, PP, SP
'13 328i AlpWhite, AT8, Xenon, HK
Old 01-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Master Lurker

Mein Auto: 73/2002
Alpine White... But I might be a little biased.

1973 Verona 2002
Old 01-22-2004, 10:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i M-Sport EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mppaz
Alpine White... But I might be a little biased.
Is it the law in AZ that cars must be white? j/k.

I was in Phoenix over the Christmas holidays and it seemed that 50% of the car were white.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:42 PM
Master Lurker

Mein Auto: 73/2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDV330i
Is it the law in AZ that cars must be white? j/k.
Not all cars. Just the COOL ones.

1973 Verona 2002
Old 01-23-2004, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Jason
Wow, thanks for that link! I've never seen that before or thought about choosing an individual color since I'm ordering it.

Do you know how much the individual colors run?

There are some threads about it on this board, but if I am not mistaken, it runs approx $2000. But like I said, if you choose the ED, it will basically cover the costs for it. I also thinK I saw an ad in Conde-naste traveler with Lufthansa for buy one get one free tickets to Munich, a special they are runing with BMW for the ED program. Look in for it in the "gold List" issue. January I believe.

Diamond Metallic and Ruby Red are looking pretty good. I think someone on this board ordered a green one not too long ago. Maybe they could answer any questions you have.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:56 AM

I thought that some colors were added to the list of available colors on the ZHP package? Imola red I'm pretty sure was one that was added, and you can actually choose it as a color if you build a 330i w/ ZHP (ZHP is not out on the 330ci portion of BMWUSA.com). I wonder if it only costs the same as the metallic colors?
Old 01-23-2004, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I thought that some colors were added to the list of available colors on the ZHP package? Imola red I'm pretty sure was one that was added, and you can actually choose it as a color if you build a 330i w/ ZHP (ZHP is not out on the 330ci portion of BMWUSA.com). I wonder if it only costs the same as the metallic colors?

You are correct, Imola red, previously reserved for M cars is an available option for the ZHP, which is why you pretty much only see a red one in mags and articles. Ruby Red II Metallic and Ruby Red II are different from Imola Red. They are both darker, with one being a metallic Red, think blood red, not burgandy or crimson. You can see them both as well as the other "individual" colors on a sedan ZHP package at the website above. What I like the most about the individual are the interior trim oprions. The black anthracite trim is awesome!
Old 01-23-2004, 03:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i M-Sport EB
Quote:
Imola Red is a unique color available on ZHP cars (as well as M cars). It is considered a non metallic color and therefore does not carry a surcharge like metallic colors. The Electric Red available on the 3 series in not available in conjuction with the ZHP package.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:25 PM
WHERE ARE MY KEYS????????

Mein Auto: is lonely
Simple, do you want to look like every other bmw or not? if you don't. GET WHITE

white gets my vote times 139239558.