Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 01-25-2011, 06:26 AM

Mein Auto: Sdrive23i Z4
Yes, I agree that anything other than the 'normal' setting is quicker, per se.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflective View Post
Love the color and the wheels!! Looks great! Any additional mods coming soon?
Probably not, other than getting the windscreen installed which I already have in my possession.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35is
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeart View Post
Probably not, other than getting the windscreen installed which I already have in my possession.
Supremeart, which windscreen did you choose?

2011 Z4 35is
2014 X3 28i
Old 01-25-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4golfer View Post
Supremeart, which windscreen did you choose?
Went with the BMW one that integrates into the roll bar covers (or replaces them actually). Just looks alot cleaner than others for sale and I had the same on my 2007 and was extremely happy with it..
Old 01-25-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Went with the BMW one that integrates into the roll bar covers (or replaces them actually). Just looks alot cleaner than others for sale and I had the same on my 2007 and was extremely happy with it..
You made a good choice. I'm really happy with mine, it's amazing how well it works.

2011 Z4 35is
2014 X3 28i
Old 01-25-2011, 10:48 PM

Mein Auto: 525i
Incredibly gorgeous even in the snow. Love it!

Sent from my M860 using Bimmer App

Jen
Old 05-09-2011, 08:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 540i A Sport
Gorgeous!
2010 535i A MSport
2008 K1200GT (For Sale $13K)
Sold
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe
2001 540i MSport

[
Old 05-09-2011, 08:39 PM

Thanks. :-)
Old 05-19-2011, 05:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW Z4 30i
My car came into port today

Hello All:
I just joined this forum but have been reading lots of posts from other members. I ordered a 2011 BMW Z4 30i in April and finally it arrived at port Hueneme today on Toledo. I am very excited and will post some pics once i have my baby.
I ordered it with Mojave Metallic exterior and Walnut interior. Never saw that combination yet on the board or anywhere.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeeptempalli View Post
Hello All:
I just joined this forum but have been reading lots of posts from other members. I ordered a 2011 BMW Z4 30i in April and finally it arrived at port Hueneme today on Toledo. I am very excited and will post some pics once i have my baby.
I ordered it with Mojave Metallic exterior and Walnut interior. Never saw that combination yet on the board or anywhere.
Awesome choice!!! MUST.. I repeat MUST post pics as soon as you get her home. You're really gonna love Mojave, no picture can do the color the justice that seeing it in person can. I get compliments every day on the car, but they're always followed by a compliment about how nice the color looks. Wild, see pics below, almost look grey.. But in some lights, brown (see 3rd pic of antenna). Sick color..

Given how hard it is to keep the ivory clean, in retrospect, I would have gone with Walnut myself, but my dealer told me that Mojave only came with Ivory interior. Guess he was wrong :-(

Last edited by supremeart; 05-19-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Awesome choice!!! MUST.. I repeat MUST post pics as soon as you get her home. You're really gonna love Mojave, no picture can do the color the justice that seeing it in person can. I get compliments every day on the car, but they're always followed by a compliment about how nice the color looks. Wild, see pics below, almost look grey.. But in some lights, brown (see 3rd pic of antenna). Sick color..

Given how hard it is to keep the ivory clean, in retrospect, I would have gone with Walnut myself, but my dealer told me that Mojave only came with Ivory interior. Guess he was wrong :-(

Thanks for sharing the pics supremeart. I never saw Mojave metallic z4 in person yet. The dealer told me that I should have my baby by memorial day weekend. Very excited!!! Will post some pics for sure once I receive it. In the past they wouldn't let you order mojave metallic without the ivory interior but it got changed I believe for march production. I have couple questions for you:
1. I noticed that you have the shorter antenna... Does this antenna have the same reception for radio?
2. How is the road noise in the cabin with the top up?
Could you post some pictures of your interior?
Thank you
Old 05-19-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:

[IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/adaveiknow/2011-05-18_11-28-
35_686.jpg[/IMG]

Very nice looking car Supremeart

2011 Z4 35is
2014 X3 28i
Old 05-19-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the pics supremeart. I never saw Mojave metallic z4 in person yet. The dealer told me that I should have my baby by memorial day weekend. Very excited!!! Will post some pics for sure once I receive it. In the past they wouldn't let you order mojave metallic without the ivory interior but it got changed I believe for march production. I have couple questions for you:
1. I noticed that you have the shorter antenna... Does this antenna have the same reception for radio?
2. How is the road noise in the cabin with the top up?
Could you post some pictures of your interior?
Thank you
Sure, no problem. Tried to get an idea of how Mojave would look in person from pics prior to ordering, but nothing came even close to illustrating how amazing it looked in person.

1) Soma have mentioned reduced AM reception with the shorty antenna, personally, haven't had any reception issues (antenna BTW is from Mangowalk)

2) I don't find cabin noise to be much of an issue at all other than a bit of tire noise, but with run flats, kind of normal on any car. Only heard one person ever comment on cabin noise being too loud. I went from a 2007, and this is quieter by far...

3) Here are a few interior pics, sorry if not so good, just took them and its night here..

Last edited by supremeart; 05-19-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4golfer View Post
Very nice looking car Supremeart
Thanks. You too!
Old 05-20-2011, 01:49 PM

Mein Auto: Bmw 645ci
Supremeart are you from LI NY?
Old 05-20-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmooth645 View Post
Supremeart are you from LI NY?
Yup,, Why you ask?
Old 05-20-2011, 03:07 PM

Thank you supremeart

Thank you for the pics supremeart. I had a 2007 BMW Z4 and really liked the mesh wind deflector...Looks like you mentioned in one of your earlier posts that you have a similar one on your new Z4. Where did you purchase it and does it need any installation? I can't wait to get my car.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:18 PM

Mein Auto: Bmw 645ci
Supremeart: I'm from Huntington. I could tell by your pics I drive a 645
Old 05-20-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the pics supremeart. I had a 2007 BMW Z4 and really liked the mesh wind deflector...Looks like you mentioned in one of your earlier posts that you have a similar one on your new Z4. Where did you purchase it and does it need any installation? I can't wait to get my car.
You're gonna love it! Especially knowing you have it in the most amazing color out there. :-)

Wind deflector, I got all the needed parts from Yark BMW. From my shopping around, best price including shipping, was $400. If you need a contact there, PM me and I will let you know who I deal with. I am in NY, but they shipped from Ohio (my dealer wanted $580).

Installation, you have to swap out the rollbar covers, just like on the 2007 (my last car, had the same ones on that). Not a major job, but tricky taking the roll bar covers off, but only 30 minutes labor per the installation instructions.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...7&d=1264113784

I was able to get my dealer to throw the installation in with my deal. One thing that I liked better on the ,2007 was the trunk storage clips. They don't offer that on the 2009 -up ones. Just comes off and folds and goes in a sleeve that you can store wherever you want. So I just leave mine on all the time..

Last edited by supremeart; 05-21-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmooth645 View Post
Supremeart: I'm from Huntington. I could tell by your pics I drive a 645
Ahh, you're right around the way from me. I'm right by Garden City myself.
I see once in a while they have runs and BMW meets. feel free to keep me posted on any upcoming ones this summer. I think I saw something coming in August? Not sure if it was a model specific one or not..
Old 05-26-2011, 09:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 301
My Mojave Z4 is on the way also

Hello everyone. New to forum. I also have a Mojave Z4 on the way. The dealer said it should arrive here in Tulsa in about a week or so. Can't wait for it to get here! Ordered it about 6-7 weeks ago. The local dealer said they had never seen a Mojave Z4 before so it seems like I may have the only one in the area? I opted for the beige Kansas interior since the BMW site makes it look much more brown then it apparently is. Hope they go well together. From what I've read here though I'm sure I'll be happy with the Mojave exterior.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:42 AM

Mein Auto: Z4 35is
Grats looks good

Welcome To Maryland