Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Classic Bimmers

Classic Bimmers
Discussions pertaining to vintage and classic BMW models here...

Old 02-02-2011, 12:45 PM

Mein Auto: Isuzu Trooper
'69 2800cs

I have located a 1969 2800cs that is available for sale in South Carolina. It has been sitting for years under a cover in a garage. Appears to have about 150,000 miles. Blue interior is gorgeous. White exterior has been repainted but not buffed. Bumpers and most exterior badges are missing. All original paperwork from first owner documents the first 100,000 miles or so. What is it worth?
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2011, 06:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 545i
Best to visit E9coupe.com for feedback like this - that site gets a lot of visits by CS folks. I can tell you in advance that everyone will ask for photos and more details though - the info you have given is not nearly enough to peg a price.

I also recommend you read around on that site - you will learn a lot about what to look for ***cough, RUST*** and other problems. E9 ownership is not for the faint of heart!
Now: 2004 330i ZHP Titanium Silver, grey leather, and 1991 325ic MTech appearance, Diamantschwarz, black leather. Previous: 2005 545i Black Sapphire Metallic, black leather, w/ sports pkg, cold weather pkg, Logic7, steptronic, navigation, satellite radio, electric rear shade, folding rear seat, Razr/Cingular phone; 2002 330cic, 1997 328ic
Old 02-04-2011, 08:30 AM

Mein Auto: Isuzu Trooper
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I have read about the rust factor. This one has been in the south it's whole life and while not rust-free, looks very very good to me. I stuck my camera underneath and shot the bottom of the car and the only rust i found was on the drivers floor section. Even that does not appear alarming to me. I have a lead on a local buyer so I will probably pursue that for now.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M-Sport128i 328xiT 3.0CS
Rust is a big problem, even for cars that have not been driven on salty roads. The E9coupe.com WWW page has information on where to look for rust. Rusty floors are not difficult to fix. Rusty shock towers, spare tire wells, and front fenders can get expensive.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2002
Post some pics if you get to view it. Sounds like could be a great find?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 Porsche Cayman S
so did you buy the 2800 cs?

if you are interested in an e9 coupe, drop me a line ... i know where several are for sale