Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:34 AM
The Anti-Rice

Send a message via AIM to Mpire Send a message via MSN to Mpire Send a message via Yahoo to Mpire
Mein Auto: S54 M Coupe x2, M52 Z3
FS: Keyless Alarm with motion and glass sensors $200 OBO

Ok, I have a United Auto Security Alarm System.

I have the plug and play harness, the brain, a siren, motion sensor, and a glass breakage sensor. Its all like new, in the original box, etc. I haven't had it all that long, and its not a bad system, but I found a factory alarm system and we all know how rare a brand new factory Alarm system is.

Here is the good:

Pull glove box, plug in alarm, stick accessory sensors under the shift boot and you are done. Very easy and quick install. Instruction CD included, but I didn't even need it.

Here is the bad:

You will need to have custom keys cut. The system will work just fine if you want to carry around the key fobs and use your factory key, but to get the fun features of the flip keys you will need to purchase and have some blanks cut. You would have to do this anyway if you bought a new system. The cost is about $30 bucks, unless you have someone local who can cut them for you. Also, the siren does not come with a plug. You would have to tap into the factory plug under the hood to hook up the siren. Thats about it though.

The cost for this system is as follows:

Alarm System with 2 remotes: $220

Motion Sensor Accessory: $80

Glass Breakage Accessory: $30

So in total its about $330 in alarm stuff, that I will sell to you for the low low price of $200 shipped to your door USPS priority mail 2-3 day service.

Paypal preferred, I will entertain all reasonable offers from people other than Clint since its just sitting in a box and I want to get rid of it.
1999 Estoril / Estoril Coupe

Sunroofs are for girls.
Ads by Google
Old 01-06-2011, 12:47 PM
DO IT YOURSELF.

Mein Auto: 98 M Roadster
Clint doesn't need an alarm. The only one who attacks his car is him.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:10 PM
The Anti-Rice

Send a message via AIM to Mpire Send a message via MSN to Mpire Send a message via Yahoo to Mpire
Mein Auto: S54 M Coupe x2, M52 Z3
He has a garage now. Nice place out in the woods. Although, if he doesn't have an alarm, I might find a way to get that hood off the car...
1999 Estoril / Estoril Coupe

Sunroofs are for girls.