Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 01-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Typervirus Send a message via Yahoo to Typervirus
Mein Auto: 04 325CI AccordTypeR H22a
Question 04 325CI idle is this normal?

When it is cold it idle smooth but when it warms up it idle alittle bit rough. it viberate alittle every other second...i'm not sure if this is normal or not??? please let me know if you own a 3series bmw....how your car idles.
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2004, 04:19 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: M3
if you turned on your AC, its normal since the AC has to kick in....
Old 01-25-2004, 05:55 AM
Pure Natural BMW Muscle!

Mein Auto: 320CiC
Has the car passed its running in period or not?? If yes, was the run in period performed in an "easy" (under 4.000rpm in all cases) way??

If yes, then, do you put gas at one service station, or from one brand of gas, or do you use stations randomly?

I have found that the super unleaded or minimum premium unleaded petrol that stations have varies significantly in quality and cleanness.

I dont know the brands there in the Us, so I cannot comment more on that, sorry. Ask around, and you'll get the answer you need.

Old 01-25-2004, 09:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Typervirus Send a message via Yahoo to Typervirus
Mein Auto: 04 325CI AccordTypeR H22a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty_Cent
Has the car passed its running in period or not?? If yes, was the run in period performed in an "easy" (under 4.000rpm in all cases) way??

If yes, then, do you put gas at one service station, or from one brand of gas, or do you use stations randomly?

I have found that the super unleaded or minimum premium unleaded petrol that stations have varies significantly in quality and cleanness.

I dont know the brands there in the Us, so I cannot comment more on that, sorry. Ask around, and you'll get the answer you need.

AC is not on...everything is off.. does it when it's warm...

i'm at 700miles still breakin in....i run it under 3k rpm.. sometimes 4k rpm... i just use any brand...(shell,cheveron,76,all the name brand...) what brand is the best for these cars? i used to have a honda typeR, so this is my first bmw... dun't know wat to expect...thanks for all the help... so looks like bmw should idle smooth without any movement that you can feel...
Old 01-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: M3
Ever since I own my car, I have only used chevron and shell. But there is one time I did a research on the 2 brand of has, lots of people told me chevron is better. So I have used chevron ever since.