Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-08-2011, 05:44 PM

Mein Auto: 328I Convertible
Question BMW 328I conv. Break Light signal reset , break pad wear signal

I have a BMW 328I, 2009 and changed the breaks by a mechanic recently. The brake light sensor and the "break pad wear indicator" signal remmain on, I looked for advice only and Tried to turn the ignition on so that all the dash lights are on , and not start the engine and leave on for aprox 45 seconds the brake pad warning lights should have gone out, but they didn't. Do you know what I should try next?
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 328i, Montego Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynbmwguy View Post
I have a BMW 328I, 2009 and changed the breaks by a mechanic recently. The brake light sensor and the "break pad wear indicator" signal remmain on, I looked for advice only and Tried to turn the ignition on so that all the dash lights are on , and not start the engine and leave on for aprox 45 seconds the brake pad warning lights should have gone out, but they didn't. Do you know what I should try next?
I will start with the obvious question and ask why you went to an independent mechanic? Is the car already out of warranty? And did the mechanic put a new wear sensor in?

To get rid of the warning you need to reset the maintenance indicator. If you search this site, there is a writeup of how to do this, it basically involves holding down the mileage trip button before starting the car and then flipping through and finding the brake system you worked on and reseting it.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynbmwguy View Post
The brake (break) pad sensor is just a wire that completes a circuit to ground when the brake (break) pad is very near the rotor - the wire touches the rotor.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 01-09-2011 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:22 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 320D 06 Plate

BMW! HOW TO RESET BREAK SERVICE WHEN SHOWS (----------) which you have by and replace the sansor, cost a lot
NOW WE ARE GOING tO SAY GOODBYE TO SANSOR>>>>>
only 2 step
1, connect the 2 wire of break sensor, (most break sensor just been cut off soon after install, even its new, so why not just connet the 2 wire up )
2, reset the Sevice over OBC, the (----------) will Gone and will show reset V mark, (My 320D now its display 90000! thats Great, it will never run out! cos you always can reset it)

buy a break sensor is 20.00 pound, most need front and rear, and they dead very soon, in my case i just connect the 2 wires in the old sensor cable,
now bmw no more bills, untill my break all run out, i will just replace PAD and DISC, and say goodby to sensor. NO MORE OBC BIB BIB sound...