Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 01-25-2004, 12:13 PM
One happy EDer

Mein Auto: 2004 MysticBleu Ci
Aux input kit for 2004 3series

Has anyone got it installed on your 2004 3series? Do you have the part-no., and where best to order it from?

I saw one on ebay for the 2003 model, but not sure if it's compatbile with the 2004 model, and neither does the seller, so thought I'd ask.
Ads by Google
Old 01-30-2004, 08:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 04 530i
its the same part # but just to make sure call your dealer and ask. Also if you go to the circle BMW website the AUX input is actually cheaper than the one they sell in Ebay.

Good luck
Old 02-02-2004, 03:33 PM
One happy EDer

Mein Auto: 2004 MysticBleu Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordByron
its the same part # but just to make sure call your dealer and ask. Also if you go to the circle BMW website the AUX input is actually cheaper than the one they sell in Ebay.

Good luck
Awesome! I went to Circle BMW site and picked up the kit for $32 only (plus whatever shipping it is).
Appreciate the info.
One note of caution for those who want to order from them is that their website is not secured, so it's better to pick up the phone and place your order that way.

Thanks LB!
Old 02-03-2004, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigurros
Awesome! I went to Circle BMW site and picked up the kit for $32 only (plus whatever shipping it is).
Appreciate the info.
One note of caution for those who want to order from them is that their website is not secured, so it's better to pick up the phone and place your order that way.

Thanks LB!
Glad to help !
Old 02-08-2004, 10:38 AM

Mein Auto: unimobile
How is the sound ?

I have thought about tryin an Apple IPOD into the aux Jack, then thought of ********box n the truck idea ??

I am NOT an Audiofile, just wondering if it works decently ?
Old 02-08-2004, 10:59 AM
I'm all out of bubblegum

Mein Auto: '03 325i Sedan
I'm no audiophile, but the aux input sounds great from my mp3 player...I only wish I could skip tracks using the steering wheel controls!
Old 02-08-2004, 05:46 PM
Equine 1/4 miler ancestor

Mein Auto: 2001 M Roadster, 1998 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupcan325i
I'm no audiophile, but the aux input sounds great from my mp3 player...I only wish I could skip tracks using the steering wheel controls!
Would this work with the 2004's?
Old 02-08-2004, 06:26 PM
iPod and XM enabled

Mein Auto: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrider
Would this work with the 2004's?
yes
Old 02-08-2004, 06:30 PM
iPod and XM enabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashinthepan
How is the sound ?

I have thought about tryin an Apple IPOD into the aux Jack, then thought of ********box n the truck idea ??

I am NOT an Audiofile, just wondering if it works decently ?
I use it with an iPod and an XM receiver... it sounds great! The only bummer about the set up is that the iPod doesn'y offer a true line out, so you need to adjust the volume on both the radio and ipod.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:44 PM

Mein Auto: unimobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquetel
I use it with an iPod and an XM receiver... it sounds great! The only bummer about the set up is that the iPod doesn'y offer a true line out, so you need to adjust the volume on both the radio and ipod.
Cool !!

I could see the Ipod for them longer road trips..and the reg stereo for shorts runs around town.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:24 PM
In Bimmer heaven

Mein Auto: '03 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquetel

Just a note, the third generation ipods have a line out. It is accessed through the dock connector.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:32 PM
iPod and XM enabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindrewle
Just a note, the third generation ipods have a line out. It is accessed through the dock connector.
Yeah, I saw in this other thread that you built a custom harness to get the line out from the Belkin adapter. Would really appreciate the details needed to build my own also. I'm keen on circumventing the amp section in the Belkin adapter... I've heard some negative things about noise.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci
2004 330Ci AUX inputer install

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordByron

Good luck

Is this install tough? For 32 bucks you can't go wrong....but is it easy to install?
Old 02-11-2004, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSteffes
Is this install tough? For 32 bucks you can't go wrong....but is it easy to install?
Its easy to install if you are familiar w/ took and a drill ... just follow the directions here take your time and have fun!
Old 06-02-2004, 08:45 AM

Mein Auto: Bmw 325i
I have the XM Delphi Roady and would like to install the Aux Input line for audio instead of using the FM Modulator.

However, i have the OEM CD-Changer installed in the trunk. Will i be able to easily switch between the two (CD Changer or XM) if needed???