BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Show off your E39 post pics!!!

592K views 4K replies 794 participants last post by  GF7 
#1 ·
post pics of your e39! the e36's have them! we should too!!!

#2,242 · (Edited)
They are STR Racing wheels. 8 1/2 by 10 / 19inch

Love them! The offset doesn't rub and the backs just about tuck.

I had the Vossen Cv3 wheels on my E55 and the STR racing version I actually like more. The gloss finish on these makes it really easy to clean. Cheap also. Got them off ebay for $711

Then nitto 555 tires and out the door it was around $1300. I had the e39 M5 wheels on the car and they are just so so hard to clean with all those spokes

Very happy now and not many people running these wheels

#2,248 ·
:banghead:

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#2,249 ·
when disaster strikes....

...hit black ice rounding a curve at 35 mph, car spun 180 degrees, rear bumper glanced dirt embankment and the car rolled over and landed on the passenger side in the roadway. I climbed out of the driver window and not a scratch. The airbag did not deploy nor was the glass sunroof cracked. My VERY lucky day a few years ago.

Attachments

#2,255 ·
Nice set up. tell me more about the supercharger. looks like you have a standard auto, like myself, do you feel like the supercharged engine compliments the automatic(non sport shift) tranny? is this a difficault modification? how fast? whats the horsepower and torque with that set up? I'm loving the idea so far!

#2,258 ·
Supercharged 540i

The S/C is a VF Engineering model V-2, the cost was 6K. It's a D.I.Y but be forwarned that after installing it you need to take your car to a top notch tuning facility, that cost me another 2K. After the install and tuning horsepower at the rear wheels was 385, changed the pulley to a smaller one and had 415 HP but that was to much HP for the torque converter to handle without having the tranny built to handle it. 385 HP is enough for me. My transmission is a 5 speed steptronic with the dinan performance software, and works well with the SC as long as you have the RPMs where they need to be. The top speed on the dino at 385HP was 142MPH.
Having the trans in non sport mode the car runs fine as expected. As far as torque I'll have to go through my paper work and see what that number was, i wanna say 425FT-LB but I'm not sure. If you have any other questions let me know.

#2,260 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm amidst essentially restoring a '99 540i with the same tranny. I am still undecided how far to go with it, the existing grant is on its last legs I found and exact match for $800 locally delivered with about 97k miles. Was going to service it and throw it in, but I was toying with the idea of upgrading. So your input is most appreciated!

#2,261 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm amidst essentially restoring a '99 540i with the same tranny. I am still undecided how far to go with it, the existing grant is on its last legs I found and exact match for $800 locally delivered with about 97k miles. Was going to service it and throw it in, but I was toying with the idea of upgrading. So your input is most appreciated!

Grant? ..... Is that a Grant supercharged carb.

#2,265 ·
Damn town hobo runied the second pic! Lol

Sent from my SPH-M840 using BimmerApp mobile app

Attachments

#2,267 ·
Looking good cabover1000!

#2,269 ·
Thanks man. Im trying to make it look as good as yours!

Sent from my SPH-M840 using BimmerApp mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.