Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 02-28-2014, 01:04 PM

Mein Auto: x5 3.0
Transfer case actuator

Just in case anyone is having a problem with transfer case actuator, I found a place that remanual factors them and you get a refund for the old one. Autoelectronicrepairivan. Go to eBay type in BMW transfer case actuator and look for this dealer

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Ads by Google
Old 03-09-2014, 06:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X5 4.4 Sport
Hey I am having problems with what I think is the transfer case. I have a 05 X5 4.4 and it seems when I'm driving off it jerks and is making some sort of a howling noise. I took it to aamco and the said it was a drive axle in the front. Paid 600 didn't fix anything, so then I took it to a GM dealer bcuz my brother is an auto tech there and after he did a light diagnosis he said it had a turn up bushing in the transfer case and one of my engine mounts were bad. So I purchased engine mount but have not had it installed yet. So my question to you is how would I know it's the transfer case actuator ?
Old 03-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328d
This may be of some help....

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=756663