Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 01-15-2011, 09:21 AM

Mein Auto: BMW M3 E46 CONVERTIBLE
Need to buy headlights, which one!!

Hi. I need headlights from my car and need to order today.

So my car is a bmw m3 e46 03model convertible, european car with screw-in turn lights and normal xenon (not bi-xenon)
I do not know which will work for my car.

here are the options:
option1

option2
option3
option4 & option4again
option5

Which one do you guys think is best? Which one of the options is bi-xenon and which one is xenon? can I order bi-xenon or will that not work with my car?

Thanks for answers!
need help

Last edited by dujanen; 01-15-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 01-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 M3 Coupe
Are you sure they're not bixenon? As far as I'm aware, all screw-in corner HID assemblies are bixenon.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:16 PM

Mein Auto: BMW M3 E46 CONVERTIBLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
Are you sure they're not bixenon? As far as I'm aware, all screw-in corner HID assemblies are bixenon.

When I turn on the high beams the big light gives a orange light, when I have the low beams its like a light blue/white light.

Also inside my light it sayes vertical "xenon" with big letters...

What more signs can I look for to be 100% sure I have xenon and not bi-xenon?

The thing is, all the headlights and options below have a horizontal line inside on the light.. I do not have that on my headlights. What does the line do? Is that a sign that it is bi-xenon?
Old 01-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dujanen View Post
When I turn on the high beams the big light gives a orange light, when I have the low beams its like a light blue/white light.

Also inside my light it sayes vertical "xenon" with big letters...

What more signs can I look for to be 100% sure I have xenon and not bi-xenon?

The thing is, all the headlights and options below have a horizontal line inside on the light.. I do not have that on my headlights. What does the line do? Is that a sign that it is bi-xenon?
I'm 99% sure that all screw-in corner HIDs are bixenon. Even if your car somehow doesn't have them, the headlights will work fine in your car, so buy bixenon either way.

It looks like you're looking at US-spec headlights, which explains the line - US cars have a different lens. I don't recommend buying US headlights. Our headlights don't have parking lights like your headlights, so they still wouldn't be legal there. Get a set of headlights from a LHD European-spec coupe or convertible.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:12 AM
M powered

Mein Auto: E46 M3
Hi Chaps,

One of my stock xenon (main beam) lights has gone. When i got the other side replaced some months back i had to change the HID bulb, ballast and ignition module - all oem. It cost in excess of 600 Pounds to do which i thought was costly.

My question is - is this price reasonable? Are there any alternatives?

My car is an E46 M3 '04 vert

Cheers
2005 E60 5.30i SE
2004 E46 M3 - Current