Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)

E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series E60 Sedan was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E61 wagon followed shortly there after. The E60/E61 5 series is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 11-06-2016, 01:56 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 5 series E60
Telecomms

Hi there,

Looking for a little help from some fellow bimmers. I own a BMW 5 series E60 and my telecoms has failed. I understand the control unit is in the trunk, if I am correct. I have tried swapping this with a donor vehicle yet there was no change, Is there something I am missing? Is there another control module? Does the donor module nor work because it needs programming? Can a second hand module be used/re-programmed?

Any help is most appreciated!!

Thank you!!
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 02 540it
What are the symptoms you are seeing?

G~
e61LCI-Sport, Nav, Logic7, Lane Departure, Stop/Go Cruise, Vented seats, F/R heated seats, heated steering wheel, Night vision, HUD, E64 rear sway bar, H&R springs, Boost gauge, JB+, ER Charge Pipe, CSR Rear Spoiler, Backup camera, trailer hitch/wiring.
e39 Mods: Dinan exhaust, Dinan suspension/Camber kit, flappy paddle, backup camera, stereo video playback DSP, MKIV computer, TPM retrofit, Intravee II, Euro armrest, voice recognition, hitch and wiring, 10" SW with amp, lighted int. handles.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:57 PM

Thank you for your reply! It basically doesn't do anything, the voice recognition doesn't work, the phone button doesn't work, when you open I drive menu the Bluetooth doesn't work! thanks for any info!!
Old 11-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 02 540it
was yours located in the trunk (left side near the rear tire well behind trim pieces) or in the spare tire well?

from what i can find it is located behind trim pieces on the left side of the trunk and not in the spare tire well. most of the time it is the modules in the spare tire well are the ones that flooded. have you double checked all of those modules? there can be a lot of different ones, so it can be difficult figuring out which ones control which.

G~
e61LCI-Sport, Nav, Logic7, Lane Departure, Stop/Go Cruise, Vented seats, F/R heated seats, heated steering wheel, Night vision, HUD, E64 rear sway bar, H&R springs, Boost gauge, JB+, ER Charge Pipe, CSR Rear Spoiler, Backup camera, trailer hitch/wiring.
e39 Mods: Dinan exhaust, Dinan suspension/Camber kit, flappy paddle, backup camera, stereo video playback DSP, MKIV computer, TPM retrofit, Intravee II, Euro armrest, voice recognition, hitch and wiring, 10" SW with amp, lighted int. handles.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:06 AM

thanks again I did make the mistake of checking the units in the spare wheel well and not the unit on the inside of the rear wing. I have a friend with the same vehicle and so tried his parts on my car and it made no difference obviously because I tried the wrong unit, I will do the same with the correct unit and post my findings on here! Thanks again!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search