Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i/335i
+1, but ignore the part about SoCAL. If one uses Performance Center Delivery (a no-cost and wonderful immersion in the world of BMW), anyone living in the Eastern or Southern US can also take advantage of Greg Poland's excellent sales knowledge, skill, and service. The price differential from local dealers, most of whom have little or no ED knowledge, was stunning as well.

We used him for our 2011 335i ED and PCD; will vouch for the original poster's comments. Greg seemingly works 24/7 as he would answer a late night email query at nearly any hour--we ended up attempting to only email him during business hours so that he could take a break!

**Highly recommended (and yes, we did cross-shop other board sponsors as well)!**

Mark
TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by credit777 View Post
Over the years I have purchased several BMWs (one 3 series, three 5 series, two 6's and one 7) from my local dealer - so you would think they would treat me fairly. The problem is that the turnover is so high, I am nearly always treated as a "new" customer.

This weekend, being that my wife's 650 lease was up - it was time for a new BMW (yeah!!), and after two six series, my wife wanted a 535. My wife took the car to the dealer for inspection and drove the five (and the X6). She decided on the five, and after the brand new sales person conferred with the (unseen) sales manager - my wife received a quote that so irritated her, she simply walked out of the dealership.

Since I live in San Diego, I sent my first ever PM to one of the SoCal board sponsors Greg Poland. I simply asked for his best price and promised not to share the information with anyone. Almost immediately he responded with a very, very good quote. (Surprisingly much better than my local dealer).

What surprised me the most was that even though I had never met Greg, he treated me with the respect of a long time customer (both in pricing and service). He even offered to pick me up at the train station so I could drive the car home! Talk about service!

I know this has been said often - but if you can swing it, give Greg a chance to earn your business. He spends a lot of time on this board helping people even though he knows most will never purchase from him. So, if you live in SoCal - send him PM!

Thanks Greg!
Old 06-16-2011, 01:36 AM

Mein Auto: car
+1 for Greg, I just lease a 2011 BMW 328i Coupe from Greg today. Got an awesome deal and he will go the extra mile to get you what you are looking for. Quick response, great customer service, and no games.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Registered Troublemaker

Mein Auto: 2002 M3
+!

I'm using Greg for my ED 2011 E90 M3. Very, very easy to work with and I felt that the pricing was very fair. Looking forward to picking my new M3 up in August.

2005 E53 X5 4.4i, Imola Red over black, Sport, Premium, Cold, Hybrid Audio Technology Imagine 6.5's

2011 E90 M3, Melbourne Red Metallic, Fox Red/Black, 6-speed, Premium 2, Heated seats, iPod/USB, Technic harness, JL 6/600
Old 06-18-2011, 07:27 AM

Mein Auto: 08 550i
Just picked up a new car from Greg as well. Did the entire transaction via email and phone. Like others in this post, concur 100% -- he is the best I've ever dealt with in my now 9th BMW. Hands down the guy to consider working with whether in CA (did the fly down to Burbank, short cab, met Greg, signed docs, drive home all in 7 hours -- LA traffic slowed me down!), or as others indicated PCD. Can't say enough how good Greg was to deal with.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW 135i
I'm picking up my Z4 ED in 3 weeks! It's my second ED car leased through Greg, and I can't recommend him enough!
Old 06-24-2011, 04:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i
Greg is a stand up guy; I was trying to sneak in a 535i lease which the wife ended up nixing. My email to Greg came back with a very prompt response and super fair price. No MF markup, no crazy documentation fee - totally straight up. When my current lease is up next year, I'll definitely keep Greg on my list of folks to reach out to.

Retired: 2010 535|| White, Natural Brown interior, Sports, SAT, iPOD, Rear airbags

Retired - 2008 528 - Premium, iPod, Cold Weather, Titanium with black interior

Old 07-02-2011, 08:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i Sedan
I talked to Greg today, and even though I haven't bought a car from him yet, I know where I'll go to get my next BMW! He was super helpful, patient, honest, and responded promptly! I'm recommending anyone buying a BMW to him!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 F10 M5 CP
Definitely recommend him. I just got mine from him. Detail here
Old 07-17-2011, 10:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 x5
Greg is simply the best!!!

Hi there everyone..

I just picked up my car from Greg yesterday and I just wanted to say how easy and great the experience was. Ive bought many cars and dealt with a lot of CA's and I would like to add that Greg by far is my Favorite! I will definitely be dealing to Greg in the future. He was straight forward with all the numbers and gave me the best deal ever! He went out of his way to make everything work for me since I was flying from up north. If anyone is thinking about getting another bmw... you gotta give Greg a chance. Thanks again so much Greg!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:37 PM

Mein Auto: 530I
Thanks Greg for helping me on my ED order of the Z4is. It was probably the last available date for the built too Basically placed ordered and 2-3 days later my car was already getting built. Thank you

Oktoberfest for 2nd year in a row....HERE I COME!

Last edited by Gianny; 07-19-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:26 PM

Mein Auto: VW MKVI GTI, 08 Ridgeline
I WAITED TOO LONG WITH GREG AND BEAT AROUND THE BUSH TOO LONG. WE HAD A NUMBER OF DISCUSSIONS. JUST AS I SENT HIM MY ORDER VIA EMAIL, WE WERE JUST A DAY OR SO INTO JULY AND THE LEASE STRUCTURES HAD CHANGED, DESPITE HIS ADVICE, I HADNT LOCKED IN FOR JUNE . I was crushed as this literally meant my dream car had returned to fantasy land. I thought greg would be perturbed for his wasted time, I felt bad depressed and awful that I wasn't more decisive after all his input. I can say that Greg was very understanding and gracious with the whole ordeal, and offered some other suggestions that might placate me (they didn't my wife). Never at any point did I feel I was being beguiled or manipulated. Greg was Honest with acq fees, honest with money factors and residuals. More then anything, he was accountable and readily admitted any mistakes. A rare quality these days. He want's a fair profit for his time and energy, and considering his charge, his definition of fair is conservative. I very much look forward to getting back in the game soon with Greg and finishing what I started. Might take a little while more than I expected, but I'm buying a car from you Greg..period.

Last edited by rjdriver; 07-19-2011 at 01:36 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:36 AM

Mein Auto: 335i
He probably doesn't need any more positive reviews... but here's mine!

Picked up my car today from Greg! It was a great experience. I didn't have time to order the specific car I wanted, but Greg found an exact match that was still on its way here. He snagged the car and it arrived just in time for my lease return. Everything went smoothly and I am very glad I found him through this board!
Old 08-01-2011, 10:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to Slave2Miles
Mein Auto: 2011 E92 M3
I just got back from an ED on an E92 M3. Greg hands down has been the best I've ever worked with. 100% honest and no hassle. Every single email I sent was replied to even on his day off. I canít say enough about the fantastic service. It was well worth my time buying my car out of LA instead of Denver for that alone. Got a fantastic price too!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:02 PM

Mein Auto: 07 328 Coupe
We recently picked up our 3rd BMW from Greg. Very easy to work with and a great guy. Straight forward, patient, and always available by blackberry. Thankfully he's at our local dealership. Thanks Greg.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:10 PM

Mein Auto: M3
Greg Poland @ Pacific BMW in SOCAL

Look what Greg got me for Xmas! 2012 X5 50i. He isnt paying for it unfortunately but he sure is great to work with!

This is our 3rd car that my family got in last 12 months from Greg. What does the tell us? He knows the game and he is straight forward. No time to waste, straight with numbers, gets the car ordered or finds the car... Bam. No funny business here.

Did i tell you i LOVE this car!!!

Old 01-05-2012, 06:00 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Greg Poland (Pacific BMW Internet) Is the Best

I recently leased my second car from Greg Poland at Pacific BMW and thought I should post this not only as a thank you to Greg but so others can know there is a way to have a great experience and get the deal you want, both of which can be hard to come by when getting a new car as I have found having leased or bought other cars in between and many times before.

Dealing with Greg has not only been a pleasure, it has resulted in great savings of both money and time. Greg has been completely straightforward. He will tell you what he can do on the deal and what he can't do. As in my case, he didn't have the exact car I wanted but he went out and got it, and with the price I had specified.

Greg and probably Pacific BMW seem like they want to sell cars even if not at huge margins, whereas other dealers seemed willing to pass up my sale to preserve bigger margins. Greg is also willing to make the deal via phone or email, and the deal doesn't change when you show up to get the car.

Leasing from Greg has also been the most organized and efficient experience ever, saving all sorts of time and headache. Unlike the half day I spent at the dealer leasing my wife a car at a Toyota where the deal was agreed but still for some reason it took hours to do the paperwork and get the car, at with Greg at Pacific we were in and out of there super fast -- the way it should be, but somehow rarely is.

My advice to anyone is if you find a car or deal elsewhere, contact Greg Poland and see if he can do it for you. From the whole experience you'll be glad you did.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 550i
Thank You Greg Poland for the second time!

Thank You Greg for the outstanding service and experience of ordering and purchasing my 2012 BMW 550i. Like the ordering and purchase of my last 2009 335 Coupe, the ordeal was straighforward without any hassle. Although there are many BMW dealerships around where I live, the travel to Pacific BMW for the purchase was well worth it again!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:44 AM

Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
Thumbs up Greg Poland delivers again!

Greg helped me pulling an incredible deal on my ED 550i GT. I first contacted Greg about 5/6 weeks before my available travel window instead of the usual 12 weeks. Then, two weeks before delivery and right before the car went into production I had him change the whole car (from a RWD to AWD...long story, much better lease deal) and he came through like a champ.

He even had to send me new paperwork to Europe a couple of days before delivery due to a BMWFS mistake, yet my car was delivered on time and without incident.

Very efficient. Always responsive. Great guy all around. Thanks Greg!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Another thread regarding Greg Poland/Pacific BMW...

Just returned from a road trip after taking delivery of a 335is Convertible from Greg Poland at Pacific BMW.

Greg really went above and beyond! There was an incentive money factor reduction that was part of the year end promotion that at one point seemed to be limited to transactions closing (as in delivery occurring) before 1/3/2012. Greg went to bat with BMW Finance and was able to confirm the promotion applied to credit applications accepted by BMW Finance (and orders placed) before 1/3/2012. Other CAs might not have wanted to go the extra bit, but Greg accepted the challenge. As a result, I was able to get the car I wanted (ordered) and was able to get the benefit of the promotional money factor reduction locked in.

A big thumbsup to Greg and the team at Pacific BMW.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:35 PM
2007 X3si

Mein Auto: 335i Convertible
Thanks Greg Poland @ Pacific BMW

I leased my White 335i Convertible a few months ago through Greg Poland. This was my 3rd BMW purchase and it was the easiest ever. I communicated with Greg primarily via e-mail and he was straightforward and transparent in pricing - no funny business with any of the multiple lease levers. We test drove the vehicle and completed the paperwork in about 30 minutes.

I would highly recommend Greg and look forward to using him again in a few months for my next BMW purchase.

Thank you Greg!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:58 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 535i GT
Thumbs up A BIG THANK YOU to Greg Poland!

Just wanted to share my experience with Greg Poland, a Bimmerfest Sponsor who most of the folks here already know, and extend my appreciation to him for his world class customer service skills. Not only did he make the buying experience easy and efficient, he also helped coordinate an immensely unforgettable European Delivery experience in Munich where we picked up our 2012 535i GT in January.

BACKGROUND
I found this forum in the summer of 2011 after being keenly interested in purchasing a BMW through the European Delivery program. I spent hours reading and searching through the Wiki and many, many of other members' own experiences. When the new 2012's were introduced in August I quickly took all that knowledge and prowled the greater SF Bay Area for a good dealership to build a relationship with. I thought that buying nearby would be easier and more cost effective. Wrong. They will remain nameless but those that I visited didn't offer numbers close to what I had hoped for and the attitude of some towards ED left me disappointed to say the least.

BUYING EXPERIENCE
Having read a few ED trip reports and dealer feedback posts, I emailed Greg in mid-September for a quote of my pre-configured car. I got an email within an hour and we finalized on the price within three hours (something on the order of 3-4 emails, which is something I brag about to whoever asks about the deal I got). Within 24 hours I received a pick up time, production number, and paperwork to send back. His pricing can't be beat and was tons less than what I got from CA's in my area. He is FAST and always attentive to my inquiries and requests.

ED EXPERIENCE
All the paperwork and coordination is done by Greg and is executed like a finely concerted masterpiece. Everything I threw at him came back with calm, collected, and well informed responses. I already read a lot of what is needed but little details made me anxious and resulted in emails to Greg for clarification or appeasement. Even in his off hours he would fire off replies and keep me well attuned to what was going on in the three months I waited before heading over to Munich. This included delivery schedule changes, P.O. name changes, color selections, tire options, etc. He was like clockwork and was always on the ball. When we came back from Europe I had an email in my inbox from him asking how the trip went and ensuring everything was as expected.

REDELIVERY at Pacific BMW, Glendale CA
One of the biggest challenges with ED is the waiting game for redelivery. It was a painful 5 weeks in transit and another 2 weeks wait after it was discharged at Port Hueneme. Greg took the brunt of my frustrations in the last 2 weeks since I had to reschedule my weekends due to the trucking delays (outside of his control). As soon as he received the car on March 7, we were able to arrange pick up by March 9. Meeting him for the first time was great and my wife, my 4 year old son, and including myself had a chance to put a face to this awesome dude who helped make our European delivery trip and 535GT a reality. After setting us up with BMW Assist and getting the car detailed, he brought the car down, bid us farewell and a pleasant weekend down in SoCal. Excellent closure to this BMW buying experience.

Again, thanks Greg! We'll definitely be in touch for our next one and I will surely steer other folks in your direction for an undoubtedly top notch experience.

2012 535i GT ED 1/9/2012

Old 03-19-2012, 12:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 E92 335i ED SP
ANOTHER praise to Greg Poland

I think there's enough positive feedbacks to Greg on this forum, but I promised him I would so here it is.

My impression of him is he's very adaptive to spontaneous situations, I emailed and randomly popped in to the dealer to see if he was available since I was in the area, although I knew he was busy, he still made time to take me on a test drive. He made my lease process as seamless as possible and any reasonable offer I made he never said no to. Within a matter of 48 hours and about 20-30 emails back and forth, I had keys in hand and drove off with a new 5 series. Like all others on this forum, his response is impeccable and I would get a response back usually within the hour. Even after driving off, I had a few questions I forgot to ask him and his response time was still the same. There was even an email i sent to him at 4am by the time i woke up the next morning at 7:30 there was a response from him. The day I went in to sign my lease he greeted my parents and me with a smile and handshake told us to relax in their lounge area while he finishes up the paper work. Then took me to the car to do a training session and walk around. I see why so many people praise him on this forum, add myself to the long list!

Thanks GREG!

2012 F10 535i | Alpine White | ZPP | ZSP | Tech | Lip Spoiler

Sold - 2007 E92 335i | Spark. Graph. | ZSP | 6 speed MT | Lip Spoiler
Old 03-26-2012, 02:29 PM

Mein Auto: 640i
640i ED Pickup - Thanks Greg Poland!

Just picked up my new 640i and it is amazing. Carbon Black / Cinnamon interior....looks gorgeous. I had a chance to hit 160mph on the autobahn and I cannot even describe how thrilling that was. The ED process / experience has far exceeded my expectations and I will definitely do ED again.

I used Greg Poland at Pacific BMW based on the recommendations from this forum and he did a great job handling everything and knew the ED process inside and out. I never realized how simple it could be to buy a car to my exact specifications without even having to step foot on a dealership. Greg made the process so easy it almost felt like I didn't even buy the car until the week before I left when I signed the paperwork.

I have wanted to do ED for a while now but all the dealers I went to kept talking about the negatives of ED and recommended against it. Without Greg this experience would have never been possible and I would have missed something that every car enthusiast should experience at least once. I highly definitely recommend Greg for anyone who is considering ED.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	318613   Click image for larger version

Name:	2_1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	318614   Click image for larger version

Name:	3_1.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	318615   Click image for larger version

Name:	4_1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	318616  
Old 03-26-2012, 05:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d
Congrats! Mr. Poland is quick becoming the west coast king of ED CAs. Kudos!

Colonel (Ret) US Army / Hagerstown, MD
1985 M635 Euro Alpine White/Pacific Blue (Fun Car)
2010 Z4 s30i Alpine White/Beige
2013 Audi A6 Ibis White/Nougat (Daily Driver)
2013 Audi A4(Ret)
2011 335d (Ret)
2009 335i vert (Ret)
2007 335i vert (Ret) ED 04-13-10
2000 740iL (Ret)
1998 328iC (Ret)
1990 535i (Ret)
1988 635CSi (Ret)

https://plus.google.com/photos/10999...COHGu-rlyIrrLg
Old 03-26-2012, 05:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
I am in Maine and he's helping me get a 328i deal for July ED.
Seamless experience, very transparent in every aspect of the transaction. Would also highly recommend!