Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Fight On!

Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
I've been in the BMW buying scene in Southern Cal long enough to have heard GP's name thrown around in a very positive light many a time, and I am sure he's one fine example of what a BMW CA should be.

Perhaps, the rub is when his name is mentioned in a model specific forum (rather than the Dealer Feedback one) by someone with very few post counts. It could sound like GP's new assistant This is compounded by the fact that the OP put GP's contact info, which could sound like an ad.

The bottom line is GP is a great asset to the bimmer community (with or without all his overzealous clients praising him publicly).

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT
Old 08-15-2012, 06:06 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
I've only heard good things about Greg and that goes back to before he was a forum sponsor.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Old 08-15-2012, 06:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i
Ignore this Yogi guy. Complete st--ge. Greg, you have a great reputation. I wish that I had known of you before I purchased my 550i from another local dealer. Going for a M5 or 991 in about 18 months and I will definitely be reaching out to you. Big thanks for the $10k you paid me to post this..

Last edited by SoCal550i; 08-15-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:43 PM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal550i View Post
Ignore this Yogi guy. Complete st--ge. Greg, you have a great reputation. I wish that I had known of you before I purchased my 550i from another local dealer. Going for a M5 or 991 in about 18 months and I will definitely be reaching out to you. Big thanks for the $10k you paid me to post this..
Greg gives great DEALS on porsches too.
Im in

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 08-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 535i, '99 328i retd
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Perhaps, the rub is when his name is mentioned in a model specific forum (rather than the Dealer Feedback one) by someone with very few post counts. It could sound like GP's new assistant This is compounded by the fact that the OP put GP's contact info, which could sound like an ad.
That's pretty much it... Nothing against a good salesman, in fact just the very opposite... But it sure did sound like advertising and that's probably not even allowed on this forum. Many of us had good salesmen I'm sure (I did) and if we all went around posting their names and contact info (and fax # for Pete's sake, what the hell is a fax anyway?), then such practice would quickly be banned by the moderator. Especially if the guy's name is being mentioned in the thread title, rather than... say.... model of the car....
Old 08-15-2012, 10:29 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi799 View Post
This is yet another thread with that man's name that simply sounds like a very clever, disguised self-advertising.

Driving through several counties... why not get your local dealer to match another one's offer?

I don't know but the title of the thread is just odd. Also, why post specific information including his fax #? Some clever salesman I tell you.
The reason several of us post thank you recommendations for Greg on this forum is because he really goes above and beyond. Honestly, I've bought a lot of cars in my life and the sales experience with Greg is special. I had some really complex paperwork that most dealers would have refused to do and Greg took care of it without a sweat. I've heard stories of him delivering cars with roses to guys who buying the car as a gift for their wife.

In addition to myself, I know several guys from Florida who buy cars from Greg (who is in California)! And it's not inconvenient to pick up the car up in South Carolina - in fact the Performance Center Delivery is awesome and worth going across the borer for.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Old 08-15-2012, 10:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 535i M Sport
On the FAX thing, he might have just copy/pasted Greg's info from his signature in e-mail or something. I know that's what I'd do (laziness for the win!)

Last edited by Ancient_Mariner; 08-15-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:18 AM

Mein Auto: vw
+1 for Greg. He is absolutely amazing. I had a great experience when I got my X5 earlier this year. I would strongly recommend him!!

Retired Nov 11 - 2007 530i, Sport, Premium, Step, Nav, Logic7, HD radio, PDC, Heated Seats
ED Pickup: 10th Aug 06, Dropoff: 22nd Aug 06, Redelivery: 15th Oct 06
ED Writeup
Old 08-16-2012, 01:57 AM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi799 View Post
My salesman was very nice too yet I don't go out promoting him.
Sounds like your salesperson is good but not great! You are absolutely right that it is unusual to write a post recommending a car salesman on the Internet. In fact it is astonishing given that car salesmen are among the most disliked category of sales people out there.

I never wrote a promotional post about a dealer until I met Greg. What made the experience special was this:
1) Quick simple deal (no games, asking manager for permission, etc.)
2) Great pricing
3) Extreme invoice price transparency (he emailed me the paperwork)
4) Superb communication throughout (he emailed me the order screen screenshots so I knew the right order was being placed in the system and know there are no mistakes or misunderstandings). I had better communication and transparency with a guy I never met than all the guys I bought cars from over the phone.
5) Status emails throughout the order process so I know when it goes into production, gets on the ship, etc.
6) Able to get special order done in less than a day that confuses the hell out of most dealers. People still PM me saying their dealer knows nothing about the leather dash and ask me what they should ask the dealer to do.
7) knowing to submit the PCD reservation at the time of ordering not the time of arrival at VPC which streamlined the time to delivery (many dealers don't know this)
8) Follow-up after the delivery to check I was happy

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Old 08-16-2012, 05:57 AM
Sejanus

Mein Auto: From BMWs to Porsches
There are lots of car salesmen out there. I say, if one of them treats you fairly and make the experience "special" for you, then help them out by spreading the word and letting other people know about them. Purchasing a car for some people can be very traumatic. It's nice that there are salespeople who treat people like they themselves would want to be treated.

I get it! I don't know you, but thanks Greg for being one of those people!!!

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus
Old 08-16-2012, 01:09 PM

Mein Auto: 535i
WOW.....I had no idea that my post was going to have haters. I'm not advertising for GP nor am I anyones assistant. This is my very first purchase of a BMW and my first posting on any forum. I was just stating what great service GP provided and what an enjoyable experience it was to purchase a vehicle from him. Why can we just all get along? Whatever.....thanks GP.

Jose
Old 08-17-2012, 04:17 AM
Sejanus

Mein Auto: From BMWs to Porsches
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyup333 View Post
WOW.....I had no idea that my post was going to have haters. I'm not advertising for GP nor am I anyones assistant. This is my very first purchase of a BMW and my first posting on any forum. I was just stating what great service GP provided and what an enjoyable experience it was to purchase a vehicle from him. Why can we just all get along? Whatever.....thanks GP.

Jose
Don't sweat it! I think most people here know what your intentions were. More importantly, you set out to do a good thing and you did it!

Welcome and congratulations on your new BMW! Hope you decide to hang around.

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus

Last edited by Leslierc; 08-17-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:25 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Greg and our fest founder Jon Shafer are two of the best -- covering all of CA so we are blessed on this CARB coast! Support your fest sponsors and you will not go wrong.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:09 PM

Mein Auto: 535i
Thanks Leslierc and the rest of you. I was considering leaving this forum because I thought it was an avenue and tool to use when in need of help and advise covering BMWs. I was so surprised by that individuals remarks especially about the "clever salesman", "insane just to deal with a nicer guy" and the ultimate "what the hell is a fax anyway". But I thought about it and said I won't let a few haters dictate what I can say and offer to help others. Again thanks to all you non-haters.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:45 PM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
I can't speak for others but I gave my local dealers every opportunity to get my business and they acted like a bunch of d!ldos.
Sent Greg and e-mail and in very short order made a great deal with no BS, no drama, and no hassles. Conducted the whole transaction over phone/email/fedex. He was a total pro to work with for ED.

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video:
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 08-18-2012, 04:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650i coupe
Wow.....nice post Yogi. You have no actual facts to back up your theory, yet you feel compelled to negatively speculate about a forum sponsor that is well regarding around here for complete transparency and honest transactions.

I love how people how no qualms typing things on the Internet that they would never say in person. There is a word for that - coward.

On a side note - thanks to Greg Poland for my 2012 650i coupe and a great deal. Where's my 10k check?

Last edited by jordanM3; 08-18-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:35 PM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
YOGI
Seems to be MIA SINCE HIS INSULTING POST.
WOW Big Greg has the JUICE on BIMMERFEST.
John Shafer might want to make him CFO
You bad mouth GP and u get BLACKLISTED FROM PURCHASING BMW'S IN SOCAL...LOL
LOVE IT!

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 08-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Greg visited me at the dealership today briefly in Santa Barbara.
I sent him off with a complete assortment of Bimmerfest schwag -- Bimmerfest t-shirt, side stickers, XL windshield decal, ...etc.

With all of the love that my colleague gets around here, maybe I should charge him a little more for advertising...

Great to see you Greg!

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 08-18-2012, 10:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 535i M Sport
Well I'm certainly about to get in touch with him - my CA was all in contact with me until I suggested some of the things I learned here... now he's poofed. No reply by Tuesday and I hope to be another Greg Poland fan too!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient_Mariner View Post
Well I'm certainly about to get in touch with him - my CA was all in contact with me until I suggested some of the things I learned here... now he's poofed. No reply by Tuesday and I hope to be another Greg Poland fan too!
You might want to send me an inquiry too. After all, I did start this site, and have been back selling BMWs exclusively to Bimmerfest members
for about a year now..

Old 08-19-2012, 07:55 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
If you are anywhere in the SoCal area (or NorCal for that matter) and you don't give Jon and Greg a call you are missing a bet IMHO! They are the best and Santa Barbara is beautiful this time of year. Who knows Jon might even comp you a lunch at the Beachside Cafe -- or for 6 & 7 series purchasers - San Ysidro Ranch!
Old 08-19-2012, 02:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650i coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
You might want to send me an inquiry too. After all, I did start this site, and have been back selling BMWs exclusively to Bimmerfest members
for about a year now..

Greg is just a couple miles from my house, so it made sense for me to use him. But I give people on the forums both of your names - I'd never leave you out John!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
If you are anywhere in the SoCal area (or NorCal for that matter) and you don't give Jon and Greg a call you are missing a bet IMHO! They are the best and Santa Barbara is beautiful this time of year. Who knows Jon might even comp you a lunch at the Beachside Cafe -- or for 6 & 7 series purchasers - San Ysidro Ranch!
I couldn't agree more. On the West Coast we don't have a Performance Center Delivery Program. The Santa Barbara Delivery Program is the next best thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanM3 View Post
Greg is just a couple miles from my house, so it made sense for me to use him. But I give people on the forums both of your names - I'd never leave you out John!
Greg's both a colleague and a good friend. I respect him a lot. The fact that he is also a site sponsor and a reputation of taking good care
of my Bimmerfest members, well, I can't argue with that!

Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Fight On!

Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
for about a year now..

As someone who bought his very first bimmer from Jon back in 2001, I can definitely say he's the standard which all the other CAs/Sales Managers are measured by

That's back when I got introduced to Cutter Motors from roadfly.com.

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT
Old 09-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Greg Poland - great service and very upfront and honest

Greg helped me with my custom order for a 328i (4th BMW I've leased since 2003). He was quick and upfront with information. His price was fair and he never hid anything from me. When the manufacturer made an error, Greg quickly let me know and we found a great solution. Another issue arrived post-delivery and Greg go that handled quite quickly too.

I'll happily recommend Greg to others and will return to him when it's time to order another BMW.

You can't go wrong with Greg.

As a bonus if you're coming from the south, take the train to Glendale and it's a 1 mile ride to the dealership. Can't get much easier than that if you're coming from a great distance...