Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 09-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X535D/2011 335IS cv
OP here; someone asked for an update. While I suspected the four months was true, and this has now more or less been confirmed, I just kept making the payments as I was on a 0.9% note anyway and I figured out some better uses for the money. Have less than half the note to go so at this point the interest (front loaded as pretty much all loans are) has been depleted out of the loan by now, which means if I pay them back now it will be like giving away the time value of that money.

Good info to have anyway.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:26 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
Sorry to revive the old thread but I am in this situation.

Hi guys,

I purchased a 2011 328i CPO last month from a dealership.

I wanted to buy it with cash, but to get a college grad rebate, I had to finance some money with BMWFS. Since I wasn't planning on financing, I had no information about promotional rate . The finance guy said 6.59% is the regional rate that is only applicable. He said I can pay it off after 4 payments - the combined interest was smaller than the rebate, and I was 4 hours away from home (one-way rental), so I signed the contract. I was told that I can get 'chaged back' the rebate if I can pay-off too early.

Well, not exactly. Although I asked him is there any way that I can reduce the amount of interest I pay, and he said no. However, right before I signed, I found that there's a slot says 'Down Payment'. That's right. I didn't have to borrow the entire amount to get the rebate. Now I recall, I was never asked how much I want to finance. Well, I found out and I asked the minimum amount and he said 10K. Okay. Mixed feeling - realizing I just have been lied to (or he was not competent enough to explain the concept of down payment to me? ) and dodged a bullet at the same time.

Oh well, the car drove like a dream , regardless.

Fast forward 3 weeks. I just have received my first payment notice. Looking at the amortization schedule, the interests for the 4 months is about $200. However, as the previous posts on this threads, the contract says no early-payoff penalty. If I pay it off now, I guess I can save $200 and (possibly) get a call from the dealership and have to deal with bull**** like mplanet (I wonder how it ended up with the dealership in his case).

What do you guys think?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjeong View Post

What do you guys think?
I think you need to READ the terms of your agreements.

F-them, who cares if THEY get charged....but make sure you didnt sign something that has penalties.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Chairman of the Bored

Mein Auto: 2013 650i Coupe
The rule is if you get an incentive from BMWFS and you pay off the loan or lease before you've made 6 payments the dealer is charged back the entire amout of the incentive.