Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 04-22-2014, 08:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 325CI, 2011 535i
Power Trunk & Mirrors questions

Hello guys,

Longtime member first time poster.

I just picked up a 2011 535i. Loving it and walking with an extra hop in my skip.

I have couple of questions on the trunk and remote\Key.

1) Should the trunk close via remote key? It opens
2) Does the trunk close when you press the open trunk button again from the inside of the car?
3) Are the mirrors supposed to fold in via remote key?
4) Are the windows supposed to close if you hold down the middle button (BMW logo) on the key? They do open if you hold the unlock?

Any help here would be great. Now don't all of you rush outside to play with the remote

Thanks
Frank
Ads by Google
Old 04-22-2014, 08:49 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325simsima View Post
Hello guys,

Longtime member first time poster.

I just picked up a 2011 535i. Loving it and walking with an extra hop in my skip.

I have couple of questions on the trunk and remote\Key.

1) Should the trunk close via remote key? It opens
2) Does the trunk close when you press the open trunk button again from the inside of the car?
3) Are the mirrors supposed to fold in via remote key?
4) Are the windows supposed to close if you hold down the middle button (BMW logo) on the key? They do open if you hold the unlock?

Any help here would be great. Now don't all of you rush outside to play with the remote

Thanks
Frank
No to the trunk questions. Unless you have the power trunk feature added as part of Comfort Access, I believe in 2014 (I have it), the trunk only unlatches with the fob or cabin button.

For the windows and roof, if Canada is like the U.S., you cannot close them with the remote. You can close them with Comfort Access if you press the door handle lock area and hold it, or if you use the actual metal key and hold it in the lock position.

The mirrors only fold/unfold with the button on the driver armrest. Although I think some people may have had some custom coding to fold when they lock the doors, not sure.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 04-22-2014, 08:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Coding will do everything you mention with the qualification that your trunk has to be motorized (button on the inside of trunk lid lip) in order to be closeable by the key fob.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-22-2014, 09:53 AM

Mein Auto: F10 550i xD
OP, welcome. As mentioned above, if your car is equipped with Comfort Access (a button inside the cabin for hydraulic/powered truck is a giveaway if you don't know), you can recode the car's software to allow remote close of the trunk from both inside and the fob, and close windows and fold mirrors from the fob. Even without CA, you can code the car to close windows from the fob. If you check the coding sub-forum on this site, there is a ton of information on it and for a fee, some members offer the service in-person or remotely via the web.

Last edited by ManiZ; 04-22-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:19 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiZ View Post
OP, welcome. As mentioned above, if your car is equipped with Comfort Access (a button inside the cabin for hydraulic/powered truck is a giveaway if you don't know), you can recode the car's software to allow remote close of the trunk from both inside and the fob, and close windows and fold mirrors from the fob. Even without CA, you can code the car to close windows from the fob. If you check the coding sub-forum on this site, there is a ton of information on it and for a fee, some members offer the service in-person or remotely via the web.
All models have the trunk release button in the cabin. The remote close capability requires Comfort Access, denoted by the close and lock buttons inside the trunk itself.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm