Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)

F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
The sixth generation of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) was produced from 2011 - 2016 with LCI updates arriving in 2014. In the US BMW offered a hatchback 5 Series Gran Truismo (F07) and the rest of the world also go a Station Wagon/Touring version F11.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 528i X-Drive
My 2012 528i after 3 weeks of ownership

Hey everyone! I've now owned my 2012 528i for 3 weeks. I purchased it used as a 1 owner car with 92k on the clock. So far I have put 3,800 miles on it in the 3 weeks that I have owned it. It has been absolutely fantastic, so much more comfortable that my previous 04 Mustang GT. I catch myself looking back at it every time I get out of the car to go somewhere. Maintenance wise I have already changed the engine oil, cabin filter, installed a K&N drop in air filter, changed the spark plugs and put a new set of tires in it. The serpentine belt is next on the list, followed by all of the fluids. I've also installed the puddle light projectors that shine a BMW logo onto the ground, swapped out all of the interior lights for LED's, and took the 528i and x drive badges off of it. The only thing that is showing some wear is the strut mounts, I noticed they have been making a little bit of noise, so I went ahead and ordered a new set from my local dealer and I'll start installing those whenever they come in. I also just got in my Enet cable last night, so I'm hoping to start doing a little coding on it tonight. Thank you to everyone who has answered my questions on here, you guys have been a big help and I always look forward to reading and learning more on this forum.
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2017, 07:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 535i xDrive MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by F10_Vince View Post
Hey everyone! I've now owned my 2012 528i for 3 weeks. I purchased it used as a 1 owner car with 92k on the clock. So far I have put 3,800 miles on it in the 3 weeks that I have owned it. It has been absolutely fantastic, so much more comfortable that my previous 04 Mustang GT. I catch myself looking back at it every time I get out of the car to go somewhere. Maintenance wise I have already changed the engine oil, cabin filter, installed a K&N drop in air filter, changed the spark plugs and put a new set of tires in it. The serpentine belt is next on the list, followed by all of the fluids. I've also installed the puddle light projectors that shine a BMW logo onto the ground, swapped out all of the interior lights for LED's, and took the 528i and x drive badges off of it. The only thing that is showing some wear is the strut mounts, I noticed they have been making a little bit of noise, so I went ahead and ordered a new set from my local dealer and I'll start installing those whenever they come in. I also just got in my Enet cable last night, so I'm hoping to start doing a little coding on it tonight. Thank you to everyone who has answered my questions on here, you guys have been a big help and I always look forward to reading and learning more on this forum.
Glad you are enjoying your car. Let us know how the serpentine belt change goes. That looks like a bear from my glance under the hood of my car.

2013 535i XDrive
M Sport Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package
Rear View Camera, Comfort Seats, Ash Grain Wood Trim, Parking Distance Control
Navigation System, Premium Audio System

==============
Other: 08 Silverado Crew Cab Z-71, 06 Mustang GT Convertible
Past: 328xi, Silverado, S-10 Blazer, Grand Prix (x2), Camaro, Accord and yes.......Chevrolet Vega!
Old 04-26-2017, 07:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 528i X-Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatland328 View Post
Glad you are enjoying your car. Let us know how the serpentine belt change goes. That looks like a bear from my glance under the hood of my car.
I thought the exact same thing! That is the only reason I didn't do it yesterday. I'll probably knock it out this weekend.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
Today's Posts Search