Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 05-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 535xi M
Anyone interested in a nearly new set of Michelins?

If this is somehow inappropriate or in the wrong section, feel free to delete or move, apologies.

I have a set of Michelin Primacy HP ZP Tires for sale that were on my 535ixM. (245/40R19) They have less than 2000 miles on them as they were on for maybe 6 weeks.

Tire Rack sells them for $1500 new for a set:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....20After%209/10

The reason I have this set of tires is that 2.5 years ago I got a bubble in my Goodyear, and they couldn't find any to replace it with, so they gave me an entire set of these Michelins. They were great tires otherwise, but shortly after the first snow fell, and I was not impressed with their snow traction. A bit of whining later, they found a set of Goodyears to put on, and let me keep these, so they've been sitting in my dry basement in tire storage bags for a couple of years. Here's the thread I had about them:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...389&highlight=

I had planned to keep these around in case I needed them for lease turn-in, but I just got my pre-inspection done, and won't need to use them. Fortunately I got the tire protection package and recently replaced all my tires due to bubbles, so they had plenty of tread.

This F10 has been flawless in my three year lease except for the tires, and if you live in a warm climate or use snow tires, these could be awesome for you.

Make me an offer.
Ads by Google
Old 05-05-2014, 08:24 AM

Nothin? Any suggestions on how best to sell these, or an idea what they're worth? Does the fact that they're over 2 years old hurt the value?
Old 05-05-2014, 07:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHiGolfer View Post
Nothin? Any suggestions on how best to sell these, or an idea what they're worth? Does the fact that they're over 2 years old hurt the value?

I sold a pair of the same tires with 1600 miles for $400. List in the classified on Bimmerfest and f10.5post.com.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
2013 535i M-Sport: Carbon Black with Oyster/Black Dakota, Sport Auto Transmission, Driver Assistance Package, Premium Package, Multi-Contour Seats, Heated Seats, Navigation, Harmon/Kardon stereo. Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position non-runflats, Painted reflectors, M5 grille.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:19 AM

Thanks - I might start a little higher, maybe $600 and see what happens. I'd sure pay that much if I were in the market for new tires. Someone got a steal on yours for sure.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:32 PM

Just reread your post and realized that you said you sold a pair for $400, not a set of 4. So my price of $800 was about right. Might just put them on eBay, they seem to be going for at least that much. Going to be a pain to ship them though.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-sport
Check this thread and use ShipNex: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=652512
2013 535i M-Sport: Carbon Black with Oyster/Black Dakota, Sport Auto Transmission, Driver Assistance Package, Premium Package, Multi-Contour Seats, Heated Seats, Navigation, Harmon/Kardon stereo. Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position non-runflats, Painted reflectors, M5 grille.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:30 PM

Thanks - these are still for sale and price lowered to $600! (Plus shipping if needed)