Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 01-29-2015, 08:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535i
Trunk light

Yes, I searched and can't seem to find a solution....

I tried installing a couple of LED strips to the trunk to increase the illumination. I wired it correctly, to the best of my knowledge (+ to + and - to -) and before I could finalize the installation, the trunk light no longer illuminates. Anyone know which fuse controls the light? In which fuse box it lives? Glove box light works and the bulb looks good..... There doesn't seem to be power to the socket. I got a low battery shutting off some electronics warning. Could that be the problem?

TIA!!

Last edited by ezaircon4jc; 01-29-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2015, 09:31 AM

Problem solved... Fuse 154 in trunk fuse box. I blew it again when reinstalling the LED light bar. I was using double-sided tape and it apparently wasn't thick enough and one of the pins sticking out of the back must have grounded against the metal. Thicker tape and all is well. Going to add two more strips today!! Seems manufacturers don't expect the trunk to be accessed at night as the provided light isn't of much use.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:19 PM

In case anyone is interested, here is the result. I used 4 LED strips with (IIRC) 6 LEDs each.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW trunk light.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	491261