Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)

F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
The sixth generation of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) was produced from 2011 - 2016 with LCI updates arriving in 2014. In the US BMW offered a hatchback 5 Series Gran Truismo (F07) and the rest of the world also go a Station Wagon/Touring version F11.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-06-2016, 04:36 PM
clank clank is offline
Registered User
Location: NorCal
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: 330is zhp
new/demo 2016 535i msport potential purchase help:

Looking at updating my current 330is zhp to a 535i sport. Been shopping around at 14's and 15's and just not allot to choose from. I found a few "demos" 16's that meet my needs but not sure I wanted to invest that much. Both are under 3k mis. Curious to everyones thoughts on current prices I should look to get? I have seen a few dealerships with new at 8k off msrp. on west coast. For a demo with a low mis. <3k how much could I expect to look to get additionally? thx for help/advise.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 10-06-2016, 10:09 PM
jjrandorin jjrandorin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,222
Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by clank View Post
Looking at updating my current 330is zhp to a 535i sport. Been shopping around at 14's and 15's and just not allot to choose from. I found a few "demos" 16's that meet my needs but not sure I wanted to invest that much. Both are under 3k mis. Curious to everyones thoughts on current prices I should look to get? I have seen a few dealerships with new at 8k off msrp. on west coast. For a demo with a low mis. <3k how much could I expect to look to get additionally? thx for help/advise.
The issue with looking at "demo" units is there are two types of demo's, one that can have huge discounts and one that has small discounts.

I have posted about it before but I will summarize.

One type of demo is one that a dealer used as a service loaner. Dealer purchased that car at invoice and then used it as a loaner. Typically has some options but also typically not fully loaded.

Pricing on these is normally "modest" since the dealer paid regular invoice on them like every other car he buys. Car will be priced lower for miles, but if you take the miles / depreciation into account, they are not THAT much cheaper than buying new.

Another type of demo is the executive demo, which are cars which were driven by people at BMW in new jersey as company cars. these are typically fully loaded (or close to it). They have around 3-5k miles maybe a little more, then are sold at a SPECIAL BMW DEALER ONLY AUCTION.

Since the dealer paid auction price at a special auction for the car, they did NOT pay invoice. These cars can be REALLY great deals to lease, as these are typically the cars that are 6 months old 75k MSRP cars that are listed in the high 50s low 60s.

Its almost impossible to see what kind of demo you are looking at from the listing (only pacific BMW that I know of actually calls it out on their website. You will need to look at the carfax or something to see where the car was originally. If its from bmw in woodcliff new jersey, chances are really good its an executive demo.

A few dealers really target these and do healthy business in them (pacific BMW / Greg Poland is one, and he is a well regarded sponsor who sells all over the country).


With ALL that being said, you might be able to find a deal on new ones that is pretty aggressive.
__________________
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-06-2016, 10:38 PM
clank clank is offline
Registered User
Location: NorCal
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: 330is zhp
Thx for the info. Actually 1 of the cars is a return with only 1k mis and the other is a dealer car used as loaner with 2.5k mis. Both cars are equipped fairly well. I guess my question should b how much typically should you expect to get price reduced per mile driven? I mean buying new you see a reduction in value as it hits the pavement.So comparing brand new vs. a 4-6mos. old after a few months would have a value fairly close but hopefully you saved 3-4 k lets assume new. warranty is a non-player because at 15k+ mi a year which I drive I will be out of warranty at 3.5 years.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-07-2016, 07:18 AM
hufington's Avatar
hufington hufington is offline
HUFINGTON
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 789
Mein Auto: '16 BMW 550xi F10
We purchased an Executive Demo 550 for my brother in law a month ago. The car is fully loaded and the sticker price was 89K. It had 5K miles on it. The dealer asked for 73K and we paid 71K. I don't know if this is helpful.
__________________

16 BMW F10 550xi - 4.4 L 330 kW (445 hp) Fully Loaded w/ ZLL,ZCW,ZDH,ZLP,XDB,ZEC,ZLS,2TB,0456,S6UKA,6NS
13 BMW F10 535i RWD - 3.0 L 221 kW (300 hp)
07 BMW E64 630i - 3.0 L 200 kW (272 hp)
03 BMW E65 745i - 4.4 L V8, 242 kW (325 hp)
98 BMW E39 535i - 3.5 L 183 kW (245 hp)
95 BMW E34 540i - 4.0 L V8 210 kW (282 hp)
89 BMW E30 M3 non-cat 147 kW (200 hp)


15 MB W222 S550 4-Matic
10 Infiniti G37x Sedan
09 Mercedes C 350
08 Infiniti G35x Sedan
04 Mercedes CLK 350
01 Mercedes C 230
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-07-2016, 08:01 AM
Rick-F Rick-F is offline
Registered User
Location: Louisville, KY
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 52
Mein Auto: 535iX M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by hufington View Post
We purchased an Executive Demo 550 for my brother in law a month ago. The car is fully loaded and the sticker price was 89K. It had 5K miles on it. The dealer asked for 73K and we paid 71K. I don't know if this is helpful.

That's about $3.60 (US) off MSRP per mile-- a lot . . .

I bought 2014 535xi M-sport-- sticker was $75K; 11K miles on it-- I paid $41k-- again over $3/mile.

When I took it to my local dealer for service, the SA checked the service history. I was there to have the brake fluid flushed. He said the car had already had 3 oil changes in 9K miles- but the last one was over 10 months ago and less than 2000 miles-- but they went ahead and changed the oil and filter again so I would not have to come back so soon. The SA advised that the BMW service history did not show any warranty problems with the car-- it was "certainly well serviced"-- he no idea why the oil was changed every 3k miles. He added that the tires were re-balanced when the first oil change was done 3126 miles.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-07-2016, 06:56 PM
RonBurgundy RonBurgundy is offline
Registered User
Location: Denver, CO
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 36
Mein Auto: 2015 550i MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-F View Post
That's about $3.60 (US) off MSRP per mile-- a lot . . .

I bought 2014 535xi M-sport-- sticker was $75K; 11K miles on it-- I paid $41k-- again over $3/mile.

When I took it to my local dealer for service, the SA checked the service history. I was there to have the brake fluid flushed. He said the car had already had 3 oil changes in 9K miles- but the last one was over 10 months ago and less than 2000 miles-- but they went ahead and changed the oil and filter again so I would not have to come back so soon. The SA advised that the BMW service history did not show any warranty problems with the car-- it was "certainly well serviced"-- he no idea why the oil was changed every 3k miles. He added that the tires were re-balanced when the first oil change was done 3126 miles.
Not really applicable to the OP's situation regarding never titled demos as this was clearly a used car at the time of purchase?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-07-2016, 06:58 PM
RonBurgundy RonBurgundy is offline
Registered User
Location: Denver, CO
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 36
Mein Auto: 2015 550i MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by clank View Post
Thx for the info. Actually 1 of the cars is a return with only 1k mis and the other is a dealer car used as loaner with 2.5k mis. Both cars are equipped fairly well. I guess my question should b how much typically should you expect to get price reduced per mile driven? I mean buying new you see a reduction in value as it hits the pavement.So comparing brand new vs. a 4-6mos. old after a few months would have a value fairly close but hopefully you saved 3-4 k lets assume new. warranty is a non-player because at 15k+ mi a year which I drive I will be out of warranty at 3.5 years.
Your best bet might be to find a factory demo car (not a service loaner). E.G., I did a super easy, no haggle deal with a board sponsor on a $76k+ 550i MSport at just over $57k.
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2015 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms