Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E28 (1982 - 1988)

E28 (1982 - 1988)

Old 02-05-2011, 05:42 PM

Mein Auto: 5-6&7
new owner with 3 bmw's need help

So I got my first BMW about 1.5 months ago a 91 735IL, I replaced the power steering pump and a aux fan fuse and now it sounds great and runs cool, except when I first start it it runs a little rough..any Ideas on the problem would be helpful.
Then Just last week I purchased a 83 528e everything works on it but the original paint has clear flaking and the seat cushions are pushed through the springs I would guess from heat rot (interior doesnt matter anyhow I have a guy that can do it all for me for a decent price) I paint myself so the paint job won't cost much either but I see a lot of pics that the 528's have nicer kits on them front bumpers and side skirts, where can I get those?
This is where the 3rd car comes into play It is a 83 635 or 633 csi euro, I picked it up because it has some nice wheels on it and the interior is decent but it has the ricaro seats that I think I want for my 528, will the back seat work in a 528 with modification? The other thing the 6 has that I want for something is the engine and manual trans that is in fantastic shape, can that engine go into the 528? After I get the stuff I want off of the 6 I will part it out it has some L front (driver) damage which included the hood, deer sometimes get in the way other than that it is a pretty decent straight clean car.
I have been looking for a couple of hours now for some answers to these q's so if you have an idea or a place to send me let me know. Thanks and appreciate it.
Ads by Google
Old 02-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Haliday View Post
+I paint myself so the paint job won't cost much either but I see a lot of pics that the 528's have nicer kits on them front bumpers and side skirts, where can I get those?
This is where the 3rd car comes into play It is a 83 635 or 633 csi euro, I picked it up because it has some nice wheels on it and the interior is decent but it has the ricaro seats that I think I want for my 528, will the back seat work in a 528 with modification? The other thing the 6 has that I want for something is the engine and manual trans that is in fantastic shape, can that engine go into the 528?

Hi body kits you can buy new, I am not sure where, or I would go to mye28.com and start searching the for sale section. It is the best site for the e28.

Using the rear seats has been done in the e28. I believe that there is a write up on how to do it on mye28.com. As to the engine working. You have a m20 in the 528e and the engine in the 633/635 is a m30. You can use it but you have to swap out the engine, engine harness, ecu, tranny, and drive shaft. You might also have to get another instrument cluster, because the m30 is a much higher rev engine. There are other options that you can do to help with power. You can do the e to i swap, which is taking the top of the 325i engine and putting it on you block. But you do have to shave the head. It will be a 885 casting. You can also turbo the m20 in your car. If you just want more pick up you can change out the diff with the one from the 635, the 535i, 325i, 325e. You have a 2.95 and you will get a 3.25 from the 6 and the 5. You will mostly get a 3.46 from the 3 maybe a 3.73. So those are a few ideas.

If you want to upgrade the brakes you can use the brakes from the e32, the M5, and the e34 540. The other e34 brakes are not as much of an up grade. For all of these cars it is a direct bolt on.

Andy