Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 02-16-2011, 01:23 PM
iR3K iR3K is offline
Registered User
Location: BAMA, Ala
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 34
Send a message via Skype™ to iR3K
Mein Auto: Silver 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris05STi View Post
Mine started doing this and i realized the switch was on passenger side mirror for adjust, i switched to driver side and it worked.
thanks ill check this out when i go to my car!!!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Seven11's Avatar
Seven11 Seven11 is offline
President
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,927
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
Is the whole screen flickering or just the map on the navigation part of the I-drive? I had a flicker on JUST the map portion and the dealer replaced the screen first (didn't solve issue). Then I had my trunk hydraulics leaking and when the dealer was cleaning it up they poured out about 5 ounces of fluid from the DVD Changer and a few more from the Navi Drive. Both were replaced and the flickering stopped!
just the nav flickers

and i did get a new nav unit
__________________

'03 745i - modded - GONE -
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-16-2011, 04:22 PM
yuril yuril is offline
Registered User
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: 745i
Gee, I had no major issues in 6 years. Leaking coolant, leaking stabilizer bar, coolant pump, noisy fan, all fixed under CPO.
The real problem is that it was totaled this morning, rear ended by a heavy Ford van at highway speeds. :-(
But I am OK, thanks to good seats and multiple airbags.
__________________
'05 745i
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Seven11's Avatar
Seven11 Seven11 is offline
President
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,927
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuril View Post
Gee, I had no major issues in 6 years. Leaking coolant, leaking stabilizer bar, coolant pump, noisy fan, all fixed under CPO.
The real problem is that it was totaled this morning, rear ended by a heavy Ford van at highway speeds. :-(
But I am OK, thanks to good seats and multiple airbags.
glad you're ok

6 years of ownership and its a perfect time for a new car

i say that guy did you a favor!
__________________

'03 745i - modded - GONE -
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-17-2011, 10:52 PM
sureshmysore sureshmysore is offline
Coldpathdoc
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 80
Mein Auto: 2007 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshmysore
2007 750Li with 41k miles

2 comfort access door handles stopped working - under warranty (was told handles are 1100 each.

Batteries keep dying in keys ( it gets down to -30F here) and car forgot some things like locking door when car gets moving.
The door handles are most likely the cause of the dying battery as they don't allow the car to fall asleep. The best thing to do is either disconnect the comfort access function to those two handles so it still opens the car, but you can't tug or pull on them to unlock/lock the car OR hook it up to a battery tender.


Thanks for the info but how do you disconnect the comfort access function? Is a battery tender same as a battery tickle charger?
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 02-17-2011, 11:02 PM
csmeance's Avatar
csmeance csmeance is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Daytona Beach
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,276
Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshmysore View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshmysore
2007 750Li with 41k miles

2 comfort access door handles stopped working - under warranty (was told handles are 1100 each.

Batteries keep dying in keys ( it gets down to -30F here) and car forgot some things like locking door when car gets moving.
The door handles are most likely the cause of the dying battery as they don't allow the car to fall asleep. The best thing to do is either disconnect the comfort access function to those two handles so it still opens the car, but you can't tug or pull on them to unlock/lock the car OR hook it up to a battery tender.


Thanks for the info but how do you disconnect the comfort access function? Is a battery tender same as a battery tickle charger?
When I had the issue my dealer simply disconnected the electrical connection to the door handle. As far as the tender, I believe it's the same thing
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Baijern motor w Baijern motor w is offline
Registered User
Location: Finland
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 31
Mein Auto: E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by collins912 View Post
+1.....freaking ridiculous $70-80 on average.


Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
+2
Here in Finland full tank SHELL V-power 99octane 185$ dollars/85 liters
Winter is bad right now we have had ower one week -25celsius to -30celsius dergee cold right now and up north ower -40. So petrol consupt. Is HIIIIGH right now.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Seven11's Avatar
Seven11 Seven11 is offline
President
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,927
Mein Auto: BMW
^ wow -30*C is crazy
__________________

'03 745i - modded - GONE -
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-18-2011, 01:16 AM
***CCCP***'s Avatar
***CCCP*** ***CCCP*** is offline
Major
Location: Canada Calgary
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,323
Mein Auto: 745 li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven11 View Post
^ wow -30*C is crazy
Lol I'm waiting till -40 to take a pic lol. When my car is cold and I start it I have that loud bang or I don't know how to describe it it's like u slam the door or something I think it's coming from the exhaust. Only ones when I start the car. Any idea?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Baijern motor w Baijern motor w is offline
Registered User
Location: Finland
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 31
Mein Auto: E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven11 View Post
^ wow -30*C is crazy
Yep the ZF transmission is, how do i said "yummy" it takes like 20miles driving to changes are little bit normalised. I'm quite sure I will ask later on how bad mechatronics is behaving.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-18-2011, 01:20 AM
Baijern motor w Baijern motor w is offline
Registered User
Location: Finland
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 31
Mein Auto: E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***CCCP*** View Post
Lol I'm waiting till -40 to take a pic lol. When my car is cold and I start it I have that loud bang or I don't know how to describe it it's like u slam the door or something I think it's coming from the exhaust. Only ones when I start the car. Any idea?
At least my motor holders give a bang when start. It like to turn engine upside down
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-18-2011, 01:25 AM
csmeance's Avatar
csmeance csmeance is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Daytona Beach
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,276
Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven11 View Post
just the nav flickers

and i did get a new nav unit
Did you also get a new video module that sits right under it?
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-18-2011, 02:51 AM
Seven11's Avatar
Seven11 Seven11 is offline
President
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,927
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
Did you also get a new video module that sits right under it?
no

you think thats the problem?

the only thinkg that flickers is the Navi, not the whole idrive screen

and not always its a rare occurance only like 2% of the time, but still very annoying
__________________

'03 745i - modded - GONE -

Last edited by Seven11; 02-18-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02-18-2011, 03:04 AM
trip7 trip7 is offline
im the boss
Location: riverside, ca
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 262
Send a message via AIM to trip7 Send a message via Skype™ to trip7
Mein Auto: geo metro
i will take a pic of my gauge cluster saying 85*F(29*c) like usual lol
__________________

WORLD SERIES OF POKER 2011
e66 project in progress:
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 02-18-2011, 04:29 AM
Bigdogs750Li Bigdogs750Li is offline
Registered User
Location: Michigan
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 66
Mein Auto: 2006 750Li
Current issues...

Leaking valley pan gasket (coolant)....front stabilizer bar pump leaking hydraulic fluid....timing covers leaking...sunroof seal air leaking noise.....pass. side heater blower motor bearing noise at low speed and when I'm turning the car. That's it!..other than that..looks great! runs great! Love it! especially when I'm merging on the highway...go figure
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 02-18-2011, 04:59 AM
Joe-BMW's Avatar
Joe-BMW Joe-BMW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,616
Mein Auto: F10, E39, Audi Q7
Check engine light. Came on the day after I brought it in for service a few months ago and they cleared the list. Car is running fine and I can't be bothered to bring it in for one thing. It is on 75% of the time and off the other 25%. I am sure it is an oxygen sensor or something minor.

Car is on it's way out of my garage hopefully after the winter, novelty worn off, if it hadn't I would have brought it in already.
__________________
2012 535xi|Dark Graphite|Black Interior|M-Sport|

Prior BMW's: 1987 325e|1993 740i|1998 740il|2002 745li|2007 750li|2006 750li
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 02-18-2011, 07:48 AM
csmeance's Avatar
csmeance csmeance is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Daytona Beach
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,276
Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven11 View Post
no

you think thats the problem?

the only thinkg that flickers is the Navi, not the whole idrive screen

and not always its a rare occurance only like 2% of the time, but still very annoying
Is it while going over certain bumps and roads? Mine was pretty much like yours. The tech cleaned up all the modules back there, put in a new DVD drive and the module that sits below it (silver box that sits upright) and since then it's been gone for me. Mine though was pretty constant and happened any time I'd drive over a bump.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 02-18-2011, 07:49 AM
famous650i famous650i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 160
Mein Auto: 2008 Mercedes Benz S550
Almost every BMW has issues. Sucks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 02-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Lastcombo's Avatar
Lastcombo Lastcombo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Netherlands Lelystad
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,878
Mein Auto: BMW745I E65 ,BMW318 IS 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by famous650i View Post
Almost every BMW has issues. Sucks
Very good comment but i live with it ,i work hard and save as much euro's i can to have it fixxed at a dealer
__________________
Bayerische Motoren Werke
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 02-18-2011, 09:03 AM
diznik007's Avatar
diznik007 diznik007 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bay Area, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,345
Mein Auto: Kubota on 48's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW View Post
Car is on it's way out of my garage hopefully after the winter, novelty worn off, if it hadn't I would have brought it in already.
please don't say your getting into an f01 the novelty on this car is already gone. i see just as many of these as i do e65's.
__________________

E66 SAPPHIRE BLACK
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 02-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Joe-BMW's Avatar
Joe-BMW Joe-BMW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,616
Mein Auto: F10, E39, Audi Q7
Quote:
Originally Posted by diznik007 View Post
please don't say your getting into an f01 the novelty on this car is already gone. i see just as many of these as i do e65's.
Most likely an F02 Sport with the M-package. Novelty to me means new to me not how many are on the road. It's just so superior to the E66 in every way. Hey, I am a seven guy, been one for a long time. It's hard to see myself in anything else. I am however toying around with the idea of an M3 convertible.
__________________
2012 535xi|Dark Graphite|Black Interior|M-Sport|

Prior BMW's: 1987 325e|1993 740i|1998 740il|2002 745li|2007 750li|2006 750li
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 02-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Seven11's Avatar
Seven11 Seven11 is offline
President
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,927
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
Is it while going over certain bumps and roads? Mine was pretty much like yours. The tech cleaned up all the modules back there, put in a new DVD drive and the module that sits below it (silver box that sits upright) and since then it's been gone for me. Mine though was pretty constant and happened any time I'd drive over a bump.
i have no idea, when or how the screen is gonna flicker.

but i will look into that module you're talking about

i knew there was a reason why i started this thread
__________________

'03 745i - modded - GONE -
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 02-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Seven11's Avatar
Seven11 Seven11 is offline
President
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,927
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW View Post
Most likely an F02 Sport with the M-package. Novelty to me means new to me not how many are on the road. It's just so superior to the E66 in every way. Hey, I am a seven guy, been one for a long time. It's hard to see myself in anything else. I am however toying around with the idea of an M3 convertible.
ah! an M3 conv? midlife crisis?

you were always a 7 series kinda guy

isnt your current 750Li like 5th or 6th 7 series?
__________________

'03 745i - modded - GONE -
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 02-18-2011, 04:10 PM
kpugh kpugh is offline
Registered User
Location: georgia
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: bmw 745li
Question cloudy headlights

want to change my headlights because they look yellow and cloudy..how do i do this??
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 02-18-2011, 04:30 PM
***CCCP***'s Avatar
***CCCP*** ***CCCP*** is offline
Major
Location: Canada Calgary
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,323
Mein Auto: 745 li
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpugh View Post
want to change my headlights because they look yellow and cloudy..how do i do this??
I had same problem bro but I bought 3m headlight restoring kit u can buy it in any Bodyshop supplier read the manual carefully b4 u do it and watch a video on YouTube. Why would u pay 1500+ for new ones. That yellow stuff is easy to restore. I also had rock chips and my lights look brand new now. Just a lil lil bit foggy but it's on a inside of the plastic didn't wanna take it apart to clean
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms