Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)

F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
The sixth generation of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) was produced from 2011 - 2016 with LCI updates arriving in 2014. In the US BMW offered a hatchback 5 Series Gran Truismo (F07) and the rest of the world also go a Station Wagon/Touring version F11.

Old 12-10-2016, 12:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 535I M Sport
Same Old Question from New Owner on RFT

I have seen this question a lot and beaten into the ground. I just bought a 2013 535I M Sport Package and the Run Flat Tires need replacing soon. In most posts I see more complaints about them then praise. I am thinking on going to regular tires and not buying RFT's. I have read the ride is terrible, do not get high mileage, expensive and you all know the rest of the complaints.
I have the 19 inch wheels. Will lights starting coming if I go to regular tires and will it effect the ride. Those that have switched to normal tires, are you glad you did?

Any input is most appreciated.

Thank You

Kent
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2016, 07:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i xdrive
rft replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman1958 View Post
I have seen this question a lot and beaten into the ground. I just bought a 2013 535I M Sport Package and the Run Flat Tires need replacing soon. In most posts I see more complaints about them then praise. I am thinking on going to regular tires and not buying RFT's. I have read the ride is terrible, do not get high mileage, expensive and you all know the rest of the complaints.
I have the 19 inch wheels. Will lights starting coming if I go to regular tires and will it effect the ride. Those that have switched to normal tires, are you glad you did?

Thank You

Kent
Check recent post: 535xi RFT replacement tire post......lots of good info here.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Range Rover
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinerin View Post
Check recent post: 535xi RFT replacement tire post......lots of good info here.
I searched and didn't find this particular thread. Would like to know also since I just bought a 2013 535ix.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:25 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman1958 View Post

Thank You

Kent
You have no idea what you are missing. The runflats are terrible. You will be upset that you missed out on how your car could have been all that time.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i Sport 6sp MT
I swapped out run flats for non-run flat Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires and it improved the ride and handling dramatically. I also bought a spare tire and BMW jack kit from Bimmerzone. I am very happy with the swap. The tire pressure monitoring system is not affected by the swap and I do not have any warning lights.

Last edited by JeffDunes; 12-11-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i xdrive
replacement for rft's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdit View Post
I searched and didn't find this particular thread. Would like to know also since I just bought a 2013 535ix.
Check a post dated 12-5-2016 by yours truly. Good info.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Glaird

Mein Auto: F10 - 2016 550i
I'm facing the same dilemma, with my new 550. I have a long time friend, who is also a life long BMW enthusiast. He swears by the emergency roadside repair kits (available at 2X $ @ BMW dealer, normal price at TireRack.com) and regular "die when they lose air" tires. He has made several roadside emergency repairs, to get to his destination/place to repair tire. He claims he has never received a complaint from a tire mechanic for the goo injected into his roadside repaired flat tires.
I have browsed the TireRack catalog, found all my trusted make/model tires from other cars, at very reasonable prices for my 550 M-sport. The selection for 'run flats' was dismal, to the point TireRack does not even carry the factory issue tire on my BMW presently.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
Today's Posts Search