Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)

F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
The sixth generation of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) was produced from 2011 - 2016 with LCI updates arriving in 2014. In the US BMW offered a hatchback 5 Series Gran Truismo (F07) and the rest of the world also go a Station Wagon/Touring version F11.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:54 AM

Mein Auto: BMW Wannabe
2014 BMW 535i Purchase Questions

Hello! I have been reading posts for the past few weeks as I am in search of a new vehicle. I have come across a cherry 2014 535i xDrive and want to better understand the value of what I am looking at. I have attached a PDF with the details of the car.

I would appreciate any thoughts on fair market price from dealer to me with remaining warranty/CPO. In addition, any questions or things I should look out for with this model.

The 535i has 28,000 miles on it and not a mark inside or out. I drove it, which was my first mistake..... I now have the bug!

Thanks for your help!

Ted
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 535i.pdf (289.2 KB, 84 views)
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2016, 11:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 550xi M Sport
$36k
Old 07-25-2016, 01:07 PM

Mein Auto: Porsche Boxster
If you can buy that car for 38 - 40 and it's a CPO car, that's a decent deal. If you can buy it for 36k, buy it!
Old 07-25-2016, 01:31 PM

They have it listed at $44k right now. Awaiting their "best" price. My target was $40k, but wanted to make sure I had supporting info.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 535i M-Sport
CPO and mint, from BMW dealer Your good at 38-40k.
"Price is only an issue in the absence of value". If you get what you want, its worth it.

That from me who paid $38 for a MSRP of 65k but got a manual transmission MSport 4 months ago with 28k miles. Do you know what I don't think about?
What I paid. I got a great car, not a great price. But not a bad price.
Do you know what I do think about? Got this great car for 58 cents on the dollar from MSRP. I got 38 mos Warranty to boot!!!! Im happy.

Last edited by Nalod; 07-25-2016 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:52 PM

Mein Auto: Porsche Boxster
^^^^^^^^
I agree, get the right car and if they come close to your offer go for it. Best of luck!
Old 07-25-2016, 03:41 PM

Sounds like solid advice Nalod!
Old 07-25-2016, 04:04 PM

Just got the formal $$. They are coming in at $43k firm. Remaining factory warranty is through August 2017. CPO picks up then and ends 8-31-2019 or 100,000 miles.

Higher than I wanted.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535I, 08 G35, 11 328
I love my 2014!!!! Go get it!!! It has lots of nice upgrades. This is not a base model. The Heads up Display is one of my favorite options.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:55 PM

Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalod View Post
CPO and mint, from BMW dealer Your good at 38-40k.
"Price is only an issue in the absence of value". If you get what you want, its worth it.

That from me who paid $38 for a MSRP of 65k but got a manual transmission MSport 4 months ago with 28k miles. Do you know what I don't think about?
What I paid. I got a great car, not a great price. But not a bad price.
Do you know what I do think about? Got this great car for 58 cents on the dollar from MSRP. I got 38 mos Warranty to boot!!!! Im happy.
This is excellent advice

Just saw that they are at 43K "firm"... is that "firm" as in over email? You might be able to get them down to that 40K mark if you told them thats your number and you are ready to come down and buy it for that number.

I have not checked edmunds or nadaguides etc for the value of that particular car... but Nalod's advice is stellar in that, if its the car you want, you are still paying 50-60 percent of new, for a car that is VERY nice.
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35 Alpine White W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Cold Weather | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Rear Shades | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341

Last edited by jjrandorin; 07-25-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:24 PM

Mein Auto: 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRR View Post
$36k

the OP said 2014. Not 2013.

you won't find a clean 2014 that loaded anywhere close to 36. much more likely to be 41-43
Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 535ix 2008 E61
Similar to my '14. I'd agree to go and sit down with them and tell them you are willing to buy it right there for 40. They've come down just $1,000. But will you walk if the deal is $41,500? If you do, I predict you will regret it.
Other: '08 E61
Other: '14 MB E350 wagon
Past: Too many to list, but includes 3,5,7 & 8 series BMW, C, E and S MBenzes, an Alfa Romeo, a MGB, Toyota Celica, Saab, Volvo, Audi A6, A4, and others (yes I am old )
Old Yesterday, 07:54 AM

After discussion with the sales team, they are firm on $43k. I guess I just need to decide if that is acceptable to me. Bottom line, it is at KBB certified for my area, mileage and features and is cherry.
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM

Mein Auto: F10 535i M-Sport
"Fear of Regret"...........
It motivates lots of people.

I had shopped for months and really was hesitant to buy a car sight unseen and have it shipped. at the same time, didn't want to get on a plane and drive two days home either.
So for me, it was a very particular car with very particular equipment and only an hour away at a reputable BMW dealership. I had very little leverage. Car was on the lot a week and low mileage Msports with MT don't last long!
If your broader based on what you want, then walk and keep looking.
I will say that if the car has a good history, you'll pay a premium for that and it thru BMW. Go outside the dealership the prices drop, but can the quality of the car. Do they keep the best of the lease returns??? Is that worth it??
can you find a similar 2013 off lease for a few grand less?

No right or wrong here.
Its a depreciating asset. Never shop after you make a purchase unless you like to punish yourself!
Some people need a "deal" over "this is what I want". Again, no right or wrong.
If you don't need a car right away, and have range of colors and equipment then walk. If the car is fresh on the lot they won't come down much. If you have a budget, then stick to it.
If its "I don't want to feel like a chump", well that's to be factored in. Just make sure you try to stack deck and get a clean car cuz if these cars become a problem (it can happen no matter how "clean" it is!!) your going to pay far more in the long run.
Come up if you care to and make your final offer.

Sorry we can't help more. We all been in the same boat you are.

Last edited by Nalod; Yesterday at 09:23 AM.
Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM

Unfortunately I believe the proverbial hook has been set in this large mouth bass....... the car just came in and has not even been through CPO process, so there is no timing leverage. And because I already seem to have a Gollum obsession with this "Precious".... I am probably going to execute the deal.

I appreciate all the insight!
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM

It is kinda hard to say no.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	535.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	571626  
Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 550xi M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadius65 View Post
It is kinda hard to say no.......
If you're interested in knowing what the dealer paid I can find out. Might be some last minute leverage.
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM

Sent PM
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM

Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadius65 View Post
Sent PM
This may or may not help you... It might help you NOT purchase it because you worry more about how much profit the dealer is making, rather than being worried about wether you want the car or not.

Nalod said it really well (again).

Information is great, but just understand that, even if you are given the dealers purchase number and its accurate to the penny, that wont help you if they wont move off the price they have (except to make you feel like you are getting ripped off).

If they wont move, its because they think they can get whatever they are asking for it. sometimes, you just have to bite the bullet to get what you want, if you really want it. No one wants to feel ripped off, but if that particular car is calling your name, and it is the exact color and has the exact features you want, that is worth something... only you know what though.

Good luck, tell us what you decide.
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35 Alpine White W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Cold Weather | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Rear Shades | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
Today's Posts Search