Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 528xi Titanium Sil.
Euro delivery car won't connect to Connected drive

I took European Delivery of my 2015 528 Xdrive March 30 2015. Veh arrived west coast May 26 where it was in customs and the vehicle repair shop for minor bumper scratches until July 1 when it reached the dealer, BMW of Salem OR. I FINALLY took US delivery on July 3. The Customer Advisor tried to enter the Connected drive info at that time but could not connect to BMW's computer to set up connected drive as it was down. He did enter the VIN and password the following Monday.
My car is still not connected to Connected drive nor BMW remote. The BMW assist emergency button does not work and the connected drive and customer relations numbers on the screen are in Germany. I have spoken to several BMW assist reps on the phone but still nothing works and my calls have been dropped while I was on hold.
I would like to have this problem resolved expeditiously, hopefully without a trip to a dealer, as the nearest is 90 miles away.
Dealer sez call BMW genius number, BMW Genius(???) are sympathetic and say it is a problem with their software and the IT techs will fix it but they handle work orders as they come in. Be patient.( been 3 1/2 weeks now) US navigation works fine.
If any one has experienced a similar problem please advise how it was fixed if ever.
Thanks
Off line in Seattle.
2008 535i /Step/Tit Sil (gone)
2009 528xi Step/space grey(gone)
ED 03/30/2012
2012 528xi Titanium Sil.(gone)
ED 03/30/2015
2015 528xi M Sport Glacier Sil.
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM

Mein Auto: F10 530xd
My case is similar, but not exactly. I bought a German F10 and imported it to the Netherlands (neighboring country). I noticed that in Germany my connected drive worked and still works. However, in the Netherlands I receive an error message in German (rest of CIC is in Dutch) that the Connected Drive service is unavailable.

I called BMW customer service and they mentioned that my car needed to be migrated within their systems from DE to NL, since I imported it. This was back in May. They also mentioned that all migrations were currently on hold due to a system upgrade/migrate. They would pick up requests again starting in September this year....until that time I cannot use any of the online services in NL.