Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old Today, 12:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i
Bridgestone 3G RFT (Pole Position/Driveguard)

I need help! I'm going round in circles. I just replaced my OE GY LS2 RFT tires with Bridgestone RFT tires. The tires I put first were Bridgestone DriveGuard with those cooling fins on the sidewall. Liked the tires more or less, but didn't like the strange noise and I replaced them under Bridgestone Buy & Try 30 Day Guarantee program with Bridgestone Pole Position RE960AS RFT tires (didnít know, but they have the same cooling fins on the side wall). RE960AS are ultra high performance tires and DriveGuard are grand touring all-season tires. The ride quality and comfort is different and I understand that. I like RE960AS actually more than DriveGuard.

Anyhow, back to my issue. After I put the Bridgestone tires I instantly noticed some strange noise that I can't really describe. It sounds like en engine revving when you roll downhill. You can hear it on most surfaces and right after you release the gas pedal. At first I though it was indeed my engine revving, but when I put it in natural gear the noise would still be there. So it is definitely not the engine, but tires. The noise came right after I put the new tires. I think it is coming from those cooling fins on the sidewall, but people at the firestone keep assuring me that those fins donít make any noise. I donít want to take it to the dealership yet as it will cost me extra $180 to tell me that it is indeed those cooling fins. ))))

Anyone had anything similar or can think of anything. Any help would be really appreciated. I almost want to go back to GY LS2 tires.

Thank you in advance for any help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	465096  
Advertisement