Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:39 PM

Mein Auto:
2008 x5

Hello to all. New here and happy I found you all. I just changed companies I work for and the old one gave me a vehicle and this one pays me for it. So being I love my vehicles, and modify them all, I have a 2013 Silverado that's lowered and has a supercharger, so it's not for work. And to be so lucky I have a best friend that I train at the gym with for years now that is a manager at a BMW dealership here in Houston. He got me into a x5 awd 3.0 with 73k miles for what they traded the original owner for, $16k. Love driving it vs my 2012 Ferd Edge I had with old employer.

All being said I have some issues that I can't find answers for .

The air conditioner , snows it's so cold. But that's it, it's stuck on 60 degrees no matter what I set it to.
Next is that it blows constantly and st the speed I set it too, but it seems like a selection dapper is closing and opening. So for 4 seconds it'll blow great , then the dapper door closes and for 20secs it sounds like it's closed off. This repeats constantly. Seems to stop when the car cools down or whatnot. I drive a lot and have put 4k miles in three weeks. Mainly from city to city and state to state . So I say it seems to stop but it's hours later on the road so I may forget when or notice it is.

Last . It has the "lurch" from in drive and stopped when cold. Says that it's a programming issue and not a failed part or threatening breakdown . Anyone have any validity to this?

Any help is appreciated. I am a 16 year master window tinter . I've been a rep/ trainer since 2007, and I have worked for 3 of the major window film giants with roles in design for plotter cutting patterns for tint and PPF. If there is anything I can ever help you guys with from solar control film to paint protection, just email me. I am supersetking on tintdude.com

J.Michael Ates
Mates@digicut.com

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2014, 11:45 AM

Mein Auto:
Bump

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-30-2014, 01:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650i 330cic X5d MINI
On the lurch it sounds like the transmission might need to be reset. I know the procedure is on the 6 series forum. Find your way there and search for transmission reset.
I assume it would work the same for X5. Report back.

Cheers.