Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 02-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Plastic Man

Mein Auto: 750li
Sure but for one i do not drive using cruise that much mostly highway to the city and back home. Most of the time traffic to heavy to use cruise. Also I like the M sills, the blacked out chrome tips and the wheels on the M. Of course it make sense to put money somewhere else but at the end of the day it is all personal preference - the front bumper look makes the car look completely different
Old 02-14-2011, 03:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry"c View Post
I strongly recommend you reconsider your decision tomorrow to get M Sports Package. Instead get the regular Sports Package. The ZMP option is quite a bit more expensive than the ZSP option and is definitley not woth the extra money. The differences are all cosmetic at best. Either save the extra money or if you are going to spend it, put it towards one of these useful options: active cruise control, heads-up display or active steering. Active cruise especially is good because it is a safety item. Beginning this 2011 model year BMW 5 series equipped with this option have a safety feature called "collison avoidance." Collision avoidance comes with active cruise and cannot be had without active cruise. This safety feature remains on even when the cruise control is off. It detects when a collision is imminent and warns the driver with lights and sound. If the collision is about to occur, the car pre-loads the brakes to allow for a much quikcer stopping reaction time and if needed, will actually automatically brake the car which reduces or avoides the damage from a collision accident. Besides, active cruise is a great feature for using as cruise control that then will adjust your speed to keep a safe following distance away from a slower-moving car that moves in front of you and then resumes when the car clears your path. The head-up display is a great option--it shows your speed, and navigation instructions without having to look down, an optical illusion makes this information appear to be above your hood. Very good for safety because you don't move your head and eyes down to the instrument cluster while driving.
Anthracite Headliner comes with M-sport. along with M steering wheel. Headliner makes a big difference with a black interior as far as interior look.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:20 AM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
I strongly recommend you reconsider your decision tomorrow to get M Sports Package. Instead get the regular Sports Package. The ZMP option is quite a bit more expensive than the ZSP option and is definitley not woth the extra money. The differences are all cosmetic at best. .
Incorrect, as the M SPorts package comes bundled with dynamic handling package as well.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 02-14-2011, 08:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bturkel View Post
Sure but for one i do not drive using cruise that much mostly highway to the city and back home. Most of the time traffic to heavy to use cruise. Also I like the M sills, the blacked out chrome tips and the wheels on the M. Of course it make sense to put money somewhere else but at the end of the day it is all personal preference - the front bumper look makes the car look completely different
Active Cruise Control in slow or stop-and-go traffic works flawlessly and makes your commute less stressful. Still. it is up to the individual to weigh the benefits of Active Cruise with the cost.
ED on Sep. 28, 2010: 550i Dark Graphite Metallic, Oyster/Black Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, Convenience Package, Driver Assistance Package, Premium Package 1 (Std.) & 2, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Dynamic Handling Package, Active Cruise Control, Head-Up Display, Side and Top View Cameras, 4-Zone Automatic Climate Control.

Retired: 2008 528i Space Gray.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:21 AM

Mein Auto: M5, R1200RT
Quote:
I strongly recommend you reconsider your decision tomorrow to get M Sports Package. Instead get the regular Sports Package. The ZMP option is quite a bit more expensive than the ZSP option and is definitley not woth the extra money. The differences are all cosmetic at best.

And yet you try to minimize mine (and many others) favorite part of the M sport package -- the look. Even if we took your diatribe on the options as true (which, in other posts, people have proved to not be as big of a price issue), the fact remains that the M sport package has an aesthetic value that people will and should pay for.

The biggest question is why we cant get a black sapphire in the M-sport package. This would be the perfect combination in my opinion....
Old 02-14-2011, 09:05 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwarchitect View Post
Anthracite Headliner comes with M-sport. along with M steering wheel. Headliner makes a big difference with a black interior as far as interior look.
Regardless of the merits of the M package, the anthracite headliner is available as a stand-alone option -- I have it on my base 535i. $500 option.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 02-15-2011, 04:05 AM
Plastic Man

Mein Auto: 750li
well it is ordered - still pondering if the 550 is worth the extra 5k - but i guess so
Old 02-15-2011, 07:33 AM

Mein Auto: Infiniti M45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
Active Cruise Control in slow or stop-and-go traffic works flawlessly and makes your commute less stressful. Still. it is up to the individual to weigh the benefits of Active Cruise with the cost.
I design and build consumer software user interfaces for a living and one of the philosophies we have is if we come up with an idea that is truly "better" - i.e. we devise a new way for a feature to work that seems undeniably better than the way it worked before - we just replace the old way and spare the user the confusion of making them choose between the two modes. (Though sometimes if the new way is sufficiently polarizing we'll offer an opt-out to return to the classic way). For this reason it boggles my mind that Active Cruise is still such an astonishingly expensive option on most cars. In the bay area, I've found normal cruise control somewhat useless - enough traffic that I am almost always having to cancel and reset every few minutes unless I'm driving late at night on 280. Active Cruise on my Infiniti (came as part of the technology package) actually makes it useful.

When I was ordering my 550i the dealer told me the Active Cruise wasn't a typical option and almost dissuaded me from getting it. Not having really experienced the system, I guess it could be poorly implemented but that's not what the other posters here are suggesting.

Given that most owners of this type of car will live in some kind of built up area, it makes sense that this sort of thing is either standard or more likely to be fitted (e.g. part of a premium package that is typically equipped). Making it such an expensive (and Priority 1) option pretty much guarantees no one will order it, which is just bad user interface IMO. As an example - if my fiancee were buying the car without my help, I'm not sure she'd pick this option or really understand what it was. If I told her "it makes cruise control work properly" then she'd probably get it.

Current: 2011 550i Imperial Blue/Oyster
Current: 2009 Honda S2000 Laguna Blue Pearl/Black
Current: 2011 328i Sport Wagon Tasman Green/Oyster
Retired (2011): 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport Diamond Graphite/Stone
Retired (2006): 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Caribbean Blue/Graphite
Retired (2003): 2001 Nissan S15 200SX/Silvia Lighting Yellow/Black

Last edited by 2001S15; 02-15-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M Sport
I've got my 535i M Sport in Jet Black with Cinnamon interior and am VERY PLEASED with the color combo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPhone Photos 022.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	266619   Click image for larger version

Name:	iPhone Photos 034.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	266621  

Last edited by Eirerogue; 02-15-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 535XI
Looks terrific. Same combination I'll be ordering come May. Like your mats. The pattern is a nice offset to the cinnamon. Gives the interior a more sporty look. Where did you find them? They look like coco mats.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirerogue View Post
I've got my 535i M Sport in Jet Black with Cinnamon interior and am VERY PLEASED with the color combo.
MSport with no Sport Auto trans. Interesting....

What % tint is that? I'm thinking of going with 50/40/40 on dark graphite / oyster.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 02-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Moderator, 5-Series

Mein Auto: Trek 6500 MTB
Quote:
I recall an interior color like that available on the E60s but I forget what it was called. It reminded me a little bit of a basketball color but leaning towards brown more than orange. Cinnamon may well be it. Looks nice!
Old 02-15-2011, 05:30 PM

Mein Auto: 03 BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bturkel View Post
well it is ordered - still pondering if the 550 is worth the extra 5k - but i guess so
I think you will once you have it. Post your impressions when you get it.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 F10 528i
Get white. Even though it might be full of swirls you can barely see them. Get black if you want to become a slave to detailing your car. Just my 2 cents.

Graphite metallic will look really nice !!!

Last edited by luigimaster24; 02-15-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:25 PM

Floor mats are coco mats. The dots are terra cotta and almost perfectly match the interior. I like the sporty look. http://www.cocomats.com/

No tint on windows.

Last edited by Eirerogue; 02-15-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i xDrive
...And howz the fit on those mats?
2012 535ix Space Gray, Cinnamon, SAT, Premium, Prem sound, Cold W., Sunshades, Gloss Black Grille, Gloss Black Side Markers, RE970AS 245/45/19 non-run flats that run very smooth + quiet and also correct the otherwise optimistic speedo
Old 02-16-2011, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Floor mats are coco mats. The dots are terra cotta and almost perfectly match the interior. I like the sporty look. http://www.cocomats.com/

No tint on windows.
Ah. Shades + lighting angle = me fooled.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:03 AM

Re: Fit on Mats....perfect. They're specifically made for the F10. This is the 3rd set I've gotten and all cars fit perfectly. (Lexus, 356 and F10).