Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 04-16-2002, 10:36 AM
O.G.

Mein Auto: 2011 MDX, 2001 330xi
It's official, Bimmerfest is no longer utopia

Wow, have the flames been rising lately!

Actually, I never thought Bimmerfest was BMW utopia, but I am curious about all the bad blood.
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2002, 10:41 AM
I'm a Mac

Mein Auto: 03 540iA sport
Did somebody say 'bad blood'?

It coulda been me, but it was you
Who went and bit off a little bit more than he could chew
You said that you had it made, but you been had
The woman no good, no how, thinkin' maybe the blood is bad

Bad (ba-a-ad) blood (blo-o-od)
The woman was born to lie
Makes promises she can't keep
With the wink on an eye

Brother, you've been deceived
It's bound to change you mind
About all you believe

From where I stand, it looks mighty strange
How you let a woman like that treat you like small change
I don't understand what you're lookin' to find
The only thing bad blood do is mess up a good man's mind

SPOKEN: Hear me talkin' now

The ***** is in her smile
The lie is on her lips
Such an evil child

Is takin' you for a ride
The only thing good about bad blood
Is lettin' it slide

Doo-ron, doo-ron, di di, dit, dit, ron-ron
Bad blood, talkin' 'bout bad blood

Bad blood
SPOKEN: Here we go

The ***** is in her smile
The lie is on her lips
Such an evil child

Is takin' you for a ride
Is lettin' it slide

Is lettin' it slide

Current: 2003 540iA M-sport
Previous: 07 Porsche Boxster S, 01 BMW 330i SP, 97 Acura Integra GS-R, 89 Toy Supra, 73 Datsun 240Z
Old 04-16-2002, 10:55 AM
TD

Mein Auto:
Re: Not only that...

Quote:
Originally posted by EugieBaange
(can't say "we", not in the clique)
How are you defining who is in the clique?

You've been around a while and you bought your car because you like it not for it's image. So, IMO, you're a member.

I'm curious as to your definition.
Old 04-16-2002, 10:59 AM
O.G.

Mein Auto: 2011 MDX, 2001 330xi
Re: Re: Not only that...

Are the founding members condsidered a clique? Or is it a subset of those? I am confused...
Old 04-16-2002, 11:29 AM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
I've gotta agree. The honeymoon is over, so they say. The same things that caused the exodus from .org/E46 isstarting to happen here. That is, the newbies and trolls are posting stupid things and pissing off the same regulars that are very easily irritated (TD, HACK, etc; no need to beat around the bush).

So what's next?
Old 04-16-2002, 11:30 AM

Mein Auto: car
I agree, in part, about the flames. You have to look at the total picture though. We have had pretty much a utopia here for quite awhile. Given we havent had any flames, or very few, the increase of a couple or three will seem like a lot.

I think Bimmerfest can and will persevere. If we all keep our heads and not fall into the flame trap this can stay a great place to be.

I have to agree, also, that we are dividing into groups by interest but this is just natural.

This BBS still beats the heck out of my local club BBS, it's flame city there... sad.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:34 AM
I'm a Mac

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz
I've gotta agree. The honeymoon is over, so they say. The same things that caused the exodus from .org/E46 isstarting to happen here. That is, the newbies and trolls are posting stupid things and pissing off the same regulars that are very easily irritated (TD, HACK, etc; no need to beat around the bush).

So what's next?
I don't think it's fair to throw Dan into that group with the rest of them--he's had a lot of crap unfairly thrust upon him lately at the .org and I don't think I'd agree with the statement that he's "easily irritated," unlike some others.

Previous: 07 Porsche Boxster S, 01 BMW 330i SP, 97 Acura Integra GS-R, 89 Toy Supra, 73 Datsun 240Z
Old 04-16-2002, 11:44 AM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
Quote:
Originally posted by hts

I don't think it's fair to throw Dan into that group with the rest of them--he's had a lot of crap unfairly thrust upon him lately at the .org and I don't think I'd agree with the statement that he's "easily irritated," unlike some others.
I consider Dan a friend of mine, and this is in no way meant as an attack on him, but some of his posts last night are a good example of what I'm referring to. I'm not passing judgement on whether I think he needs an 'attatude adjustment' or anything like that; just pointing out that he's one who tends to drive the trolls on.

Offline, I think I tend to be that way myself, so I think I know what its like. There have been countless times where I've gone off on some flame here and just decided after a couple of minutes that it wasn't worth scrolling down and hitting "Submit Reply."
Old 04-16-2002, 11:48 AM
TD

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz

So what's next?
Other than get into a circular debate with a logic impaired board member re: vehicle weight and a recurring commentary on the future styling direction of BMW, I have tried to stay away from conflict here. So far I have resisted replying to the Org-style posts. And I often bite my tongue when I read something I find absurd. (If you only knew all the posts I DIDN'T reply to.)

I do try to help, although my perspective is now a bit jaded.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:50 AM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto:
What in-d-haus said! Agree!
Old 04-16-2002, 11:52 AM
TD

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by hts

With all due respect (read- NONE), I think YOU are a major part of the problem here. You do not post to contribute (and you never have). You only post when bored and strictly post to try to get a rise out of either someone specifically or the board in general. You are strictly an instigator. You whack the hornets nest with a stick and then pretend to be shocked when they come flying out pissed off. And worse, you get off on it.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:53 AM
I'm a Mac

Another fine example of trying to "stay away from conflict here..."

Quote:
Originally posted by TD

Other than get into a circular debate with a logic impaired board member re: vehicle weight and a recurring commentary on the future styling direction of BMW, I have tried to stay away from conflict here. So far I have resisted replying to the Org-style posts. And I often bite my tongue when I read something I find absurd. (If you only knew all the posts I DIDN'T reply to.)

I do try to help, although my perspective is now a bit jaded.

TD
ober-slacker

What I drive: '98 M3/4 & '99 323iC

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by hts
Looks like somebody's making some new friends today....

"Another day, another new friend."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it that you rush to the scene of conflict like a maggot to spoiled meat? I got broadsided and asked "WTF?" That's pretty damn reasonable, IMO.

Go back to minding your own business. You were "good" for a while there. I know being a button-pushing instigator is what you do best. Try to restrain yourself, okay?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-16-2002 11:45 AM

Old 04-16-2002, 11:56 AM
TD

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by hts
Another fine example of trying to "stay away from conflict here..."

TD
ober-slacker

What I drive: '98 M3/4 & '99 323iC

quote:
Originally posted by hts
Looks like somebody's making some new friends today....

"Another day, another new friend."

Why is it that you rush to the scene of conflict like a maggot to spoiled meat? I got broadsided and asked "WTF?" That's pretty damn reasonable, IMO.

Go back to minding your own business. You were "good" for a while there. I know being a button-pushing instigator is what you do best. Try to restrain yourself, okay?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-16-2002 11:45 AM

THIS post is you doing your "button-pressing". I'm not buying in. YOU post to try to rile me and others up. The post you quote is an example. Some random guy give me sh*t and I respond. As far aas I can see, this is none of your business. But noooo.... Here's comes hts to chime in...

Go buy your f'n G35 and get the f**k out of here.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:01 PM
I'm a Mac

Good comeback.

"Hey George, the ocean called and they're running out of shrimp."

"Oh yeah, well the jerk store called and they're running out of you."

Looking fwd to having a beer and a laugh with you at the CCA event in Sterling next month Tom.

Old 04-16-2002, 12:01 PM
The Original Dr. Phil

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Phil
Mein Auto: 2012 135 coupe
Quote:
Originally posted by TD

With all due respect (read- NONE), I think YOU are a major part of the problem here. You do not post to contribute (and you never have). You only post when bored and strictly post to try to get a rise out of either someone specifically or the board in general. You are strictly an instigator. You whack the hornets nest with a stick and then pretend to be shocked when they come flying out pissed off. And worse, you get off on it.
I have at times had issue with your approach, not necessarily your opinion, to some topics. But this time I feel that I need to agree with you and say so via this post.

It appears to me that jabbing and poking is all that hts is out to accomplish. Hey we can't all be mechanical whizzes but we can all at least attempt to be postitive.

Sadly, the last few days have had many, too many, incidents of this nature. Let's try to get back on track.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:09 PM
I'm a Mac

Quote:
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

I have at times had issue with your approach, not necessarily your opinion, to some topics. But this time I feel that I need to agree with you and say so via this post.

It appears to me that jabbing and poking is all that hts is out to accomplish. Hey we can't all be mechanical whizzes but we can all at least attempt to be postitive.

Sadly, the last few days have had many, too many, incidents of this nature. Let's try to get back on track.
To be perfectly honest, I'm very sorry (and quite surprised) that you feel this way, and if I wasn't always trying to project such a positive image with every action, every thought, and every breath I take, I'd probably end up posting a negative response here.

But that's just not me.

Old 04-16-2002, 12:28 PM
The Original Dr. Phil

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Phil
Mein Auto: 2012 135 coupe
Quote:
Originally posted by hts

To be perfectly honest, I'm very sorry (and quite surprised) that you feel this way, and if I wasn't always trying to project such a positive image with every action, every thought, and every breath I take, I'd probably end up posting a negative response here.

But that's just not me.

I opened by saying that I have issue with his approach at times, this was to insure that it was not perceived that I was taking up on his school of thought, just that at this time his perception of your actions were accurate. I applaud your decision to not make a negative response to my post and by doing so are following my Let's get back on track suggestion.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:36 PM
I'm a Mac

Quote:
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

I opened by saying that I have issue with his approach at times, this was to insure that it was not perceived that I was taking up on his school of thought, just that at this time his perception of your actions were accurate. I applaud your decision to not make a negative response to my post and by doing so are following my Let's get back on track suggestion.

Without being negative (really, I'm not trying to be), you pretty much HAD to say that you take exception with his approach at times, otherwise you'd have lost all credibility with everybody here.

That being said, there's no doubt that Tom and I are apparently still having our little pissing contest (despite the fact that I had thought that my multiple public/private apologies had finally been accepted by the exalted one and that we had kissed and made up), but so what? There's been much chatter recently about this place becoming a 'little society.' So what if all 1,000+ members don't get along all the time--is that really so much of a surprise to everyone?).

I've pledged to ignore him here (and at the org) just as long as he's kind enough to provide me the same amount of respect. When he starts to dig at me, he's got to expect to receive a similar response. I think that's fair. It's kind of like the terrorists and Israel. He launches a suicide attack and what am I supposed to do? Just sit here and not retaliate with all the force that I can muster in the hope that by over-reacting it might put an end to the foolishness?

Old 04-16-2002, 12:38 PM

Mein Auto: car
Damn, whew! What crawled up me and died! I don't know what I ate to smell like THAT!

Since we are Family, I figured I'd share with my brothers and sisters.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:41 PM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by in_d_haus
Damn, whew! What crawled up me and died! I don't know what I ate to smell like THAT!

Since we are Family, I figured I'd share with my brothers and sisters.
Ahh, Haus, always looking out for our beast..er..best!
Old 04-16-2002, 12:44 PM
TD

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by hts

Without being negative (really, I'm not trying to be), you pretty much HAD to say that you take exception with his approach at times, otherwise you'd have lost all credibility with everybody here.

That being said, there's no doubt that Tom and I are apparently still having our little pissing contest (despite the fact that I had thought that my multiple public/private apologies had finally been accepted by the exalted one and that we had kissed and made up), but so what? There's been much chatter recently about this place becoming a 'little society.' So what if all 1,000+ members don't get along all the time--is that really so much of a surprise to everyone?).

I've pledged to ignore him here (and at the org) just as long as he's kind enough to provide me the same amount of respect. When he starts to dig at me, he's got to expect to receive a similar response. I think that's fair. It's kind of like the terrorists and Israel. He launches a suicide attack and what am I supposed to do? Just sit here and not retaliate with all the force that I can muster in the hope that by over-reacting it might put an end to the foolishness?
What a load of sh*t. You took the shot at me, not the other way around. And you have never once apologized anywhere at any time, not even once. So that's a load too.

Worse, you're arguing for Israel makes me want to take the side of the Palestinians. You argue in such a dishonest fashion as to make a trial lawyer look ethical. Same goes for your mis-representations of our past altercations. I am honestly shocked you are so dishonest as to be able to type what you type.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:48 PM
I'm a Mac

Quote:
Originally posted by TD

What a load of sh*t. You took the shot at me, not the other way around. And you have never once apologized anywhere at any time, not even once. So that's a load too.

Worse, you're arguing for Israel makes me want to take the side of the Palestinians. You argue in such a dishonest fashion as to make a trial lawyer look ethical. Same goes for your mis-representations of our past altercations. I am honestly shocked you are so dishonest as to be able to type what you type.
Never apologized, eh Tom? Right. I suspect you're just about to lose any remaining credibility you had here with that one, as most of the regulars here know darn well about my public apologies to you (and some of them even know about the private ones as I posted some of our email exchanges that contained my private apologies, before deciding better of it and deleting them).

As for the whole Middle East thing, who really gives a rat's arse what you think about that topic?

Old 04-16-2002, 12:57 PM
TD

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by hts

Never apologized, eh Tom? Right. I suspect you're just about to lose any remaining credibility you had here with that one, as most of the regulars here know darn well about my public apologies to you (and some of them even know about the private ones as I posted some of our email exchanges that contained my private apologies, before deciding better of it and deleting them).

As for the whole Middle East thing, who really gives a rat's arse what you think about that topic?
This is my last post on this thread.

All I can say is that you are a bold-faced liar and I am shocked at how willingly and blatantly you lie.

Your wife is a lucky lady.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:59 PM
I'm a Mac

So what you're saying is that you want me to dig up those old threads and post them here in order to expose you for the phony you are?

Either that, or perhaps one of the many regulars here might just as well step up to the plate and corroborate my "bold faced lie" that I've never (not even MULTIPLE times) posted a public apology.

puh-leze.

Old 04-16-2002, 01:53 PM
Don't worry, be happy

Mein Auto: '05 645Cic
Quote:
Originally posted by TD

This is my last post on this thread.

All I can say is that you are a bold-faced liar and I am shocked at how willingly and blatantly you lie.

Your wife is a lucky lady.
Now THAT was uncalled for.