Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > 2004 Events > Santa Barbara, CA - May 1

Santa Barbara, CA - May 1

Old 02-04-2004, 09:31 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 5/01 production 330Cic
The Official West Coast Caravan from the North thread

Discuss plans, meet-ups, etc. here.

We had a great caravan last year, with a crowd starting in Seattle, picking up 'festers on the way through Oregon, meeting up with the Bay Bimmerz gang in two locations in the SF Bay Area, then blasting through to Santa Barbara.

Let's do it again, even better this time!
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Banned

Accomodations

The Ramada is the place! Get your reservations in now... Click the picture to go to the Ramada page for this hotel:

Old 02-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Mein Auto: Black 1995 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKT BMR

We had a great caravan last year, with a crowd starting in Seattle, picking up 'festers on the way through Oregon, meeting up with the Bay Bimmerz gang in two locations in the SF Bay Area, then blasting through to Santa Barbara.

You know we will be settin' up the Bay Bimmerz caravan again this year!
I'm not sure if we will have as many come down from the Pacific Northwest this year, but I know Ty will come down from Oregon.

Now that the date has been "officially" confirmed, we will get the word/Evite out asap.

WOO HOO, time to party.................
Old 02-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
The Ramada is the place! Get your reservations in now... Click the picture to go to the Ramada page for this hotel:

Yep, this is the place, 3 years running,I just moved my reservations from the 24th to the 30th.
I, as well as others, will start the "first" caravan from the Bay Area on Friday the 24th from the East Bay, probably around 10am, or so (yet to be discussed) and meet up at the In & Out Burger in Gilroy for our final meet up and then head South for S.B.!

I'm sure there will be caravan's later that day and possibly early Sat. morning, at least it's been that way in the past.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:33 PM
It's not all that bad...

Mein Auto: 01 M coupe, 05 M3
This caravan was awesome last year!

Quote:

Count me in. This whole event just gets more fun every year. I can't wait for the caravan down to Santa Barbara, let alone Bimmerfest! I'm looking forward to seeing all the great people I met last year again. Can't wait for the Margarita's

Kurt

Here's RKT BMR and the tail end of the caravan in my rear view mirror.

Last edited by Kurt Martin; 02-05-2004 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Martin
Count me in. This whole event just gets more fun every year. I can't wait for the caravan down to Santa Barbara, let alone Bimmerfest! I'm looking forward to seeing all the great people I met last year again. Can't wait for the Margarita's

Kurt

Here's RKT BMR and the tail end of the caravan in my rear view mirror.
Sounds good Kurt, looking forward to seeing you and the rest of our caravan party.
Remind me, you "are" on the Bay Bimmerz mailing list, right?
Just want to make sure you get your Evite.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Thrasherlife
Mein Auto: 1998 M3 saloon
Thumbs up

Count me in! I may have to take a day off school and work but I will be there for sure! Can't wait .

Thrasherlife

M3 SEDAN CLUB #10
Old 02-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Monsoon 330Ci

Mein Auto: BMW 520iA... for now
Oregon here! We'll most likely have at least 5 cars. We can join up with the Seattle gang.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Sr VP of Tire Destruction

Send a message via ICQ to BenHirsch Send a message via AIM to BenHirsch
Mein Auto: Supercharged 99 M3 Vert
San Jose, CA here!

Well, I'm going to try to find 3 other people to share a room with, want to keep costs down, but think this would be great fun if I can find those folks to share a room with.

Does anyone from bf.com know if I know you? (I know that's a strange question)
(I'm Dinanify up there)

Hi Keith

-Ben
(no really, i'm an angel, innocent, ...no, no really officer!)
Vortech V2-SQ Supercharger, AA Turbo Clutch, AA track pipe, UUC/Fidanza 11.2lb flywheel, UUC Evo SSK, UUC TME's, Powerflex Rear Trailing Arm Bushings and front Lower Control Arm Bushings,Koni Yellow Shocks w/stock springs, Euro Floating Rotors, B&B TriFlow cat-back Exhaust, 17x8/17x9" SSR Comps, Sub by JL audio, Amp by Alpine (V12), speakers by MB Quart and Alpine (x-series)

-Ben

Last edited by BenHirsch; 02-04-2004 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:26 PM
bmwdude

Send a message via Yahoo to mweingand
Mein Auto: 2001 330ci Eurospec
Pleasanton meeting??

I will meet with you all in Pleasanton Ca like we did last year with my crew. Keep me informed o fthe times when we get closer to the big day. I look forward to being with you all again this year.

-BMWDUDE
Old 02-05-2004, 12:04 AM

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 750iL
I am planning to cruise down again this year. Steve Larimer will also be coming. We art still waiting on word from other Seattle 7s members.

Steve and Dave's cars in front of Cutter Motors, Bimmerfest 2003

More pictures at http://www.seattle7s.com/bimmerfest_2003.htm

Dave Clement
Chief Technology Officer, Seattle 7's
1998 750iL w/2001 Facelift
http://www.cardomain.com/id/daveclement
http://www.seattle7s.com

Click here to go to my Car Domain web site.
Click here to go to the Seattle 7s web site.

Old 02-05-2004, 01:52 AM

Mein Auto: '02 E39 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akakubi
Oregon here! We'll most likely have at least 5 cars. We can join up with the Seattle gang.
Give me like a couple weeks so I can make sure if I can take a few days off that weekend!
Old 02-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Slower Traffic Keep Right

Mein Auto: '97 BMW M3/4
I should be joining up in/around San Jose and I'm trying to get my friend here at work to join in with his new 330ci.

Does the Ramada fill up? I'm thinking that I'm going to look for a more interesting and/or upscale alternative and I'm wondering if I should expedite my search.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:40 AM
It's not all that bad...

Check out Fess Parker's DoubleTree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///DavidC
I should be joining up in/around San Jose and I'm trying to get my friend here at work to join in with his new 330ci.

Does the Ramada fill up? I'm thinking that I'm going to look for a more interesting and/or upscale alternative and I'm wondering if I should expedite my search.
I don't know if the Ramada fills up. It's big, but not huge. The parking lot was quite full the weekend of Bimmerfest last year. I don't know the percentage of guests who were there for Bimmerfest. You probably still have some time to make the reservation because it's not for a while yet.

For Bimmerfest 3 I stayed at Fess Parker's DoubleTree (at least I think it was the DoubleTree. I know it was Fess Parker's!). That place was huge. And quite nice too. They say that Fess even stops by once a week or so. You remember Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone don't you?

Kurt
Old 02-05-2004, 11:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 325xit Sportwagon
I'm in

Quote:

Old 02-05-2004, 11:43 AM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:

The Ramada is pretty nice, just make sure you reserve a garden side room. This year I think I'll bring a hose along with my detailing gear -- I am not going near that car wash again.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweingand
I will meet with you all in Pleasanton Ca like we did last year with my crew. Keep me informed o fthe times when we get closer to the big day. I look forward to being with you all again this year.

-BMWDUDE
Michael, I just want to make sure you're on the Bay Bimmerz mailing list, so that you will get the direct Evite sent to you.
Let me know, or go to baybimmerz.com and get on the list, we are up to like 500 members, if I remember correctly.

Oh, and yes, we will meet at Nordstrom's in Pleasanton again, times will be discussed soon.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveClement
I am planning to cruise down again this year. Steve Larimer will also be coming. We art still waiting on word from other Seattle 7s members.

Steve and Dave's cars in front of Cutter Motors, Bimmerfest 2003

More pictures at http://www.seattle7s.com/bimmerfest_2003.htm

Good to here you're coming down again Dave, I remember last year when you gave me a ride back to my car, in that beautiful land yaght of yours, damn, I got lost in that backseat.
Remind me, is Steve the one in the grey 740?

Also, you gonna stop and stay in Pleasaton again?
Old 02-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff3
The Ramada is pretty nice, just make sure you reserve a garden side room. This year I think I'll bring a hose along with my detailing gear -- I am not going near that car wash again.
You tell'em Cliff, I like that place!
I agree, the gardenside is quite quaint!
My wife and I have spent a few days at Fess Parker's place as well and yes it was nice (and expensive) but I still prefer the Ramada (my wife wouldn't)
Old 02-05-2004, 03:38 PM
It's not all that bad...

LZ1 gets a bath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff3
Yeah, stay away from the car wash!

Last year we actually borrowed a hose from the Ramada, but it took a lot of explanation at the front desk. Then they told us it would take some time to find the hose. When we went around the corner of the building, I think we just found the dang thing still attached to the faucet! We are going to bring our own hose this time, just to be sure.

LZ1 gets a bath!
Old 02-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
The reason to stay at the Ramada is the camraderie. Several of us have already made reservations... It is decent, modestly priced accomodations that most people can afford, so we get a good crowd.

The main point of the fest is the fellowship! I have to say, I wouldn't trade the hours shared in the parking lot washing and detailing Friday evening, the breakfasts across the street at (what was it, Lyons?), etc., with all my new buds and some old, over the weekend.

You can have a nice hotel anytime. The chance to hang and share with a bunch of fellow enthusiasts and netfriends only comes around once a year!
Old 02-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
Michael, I just want to make sure you're on the Bay Bimmerz mailing list, so that you will get the direct Evite sent to you.
Let me know, or go to baybimmerz.com and get on the list, we are up to like 500 members, if I remember correctly.

Oh, and yes, we will meet at Nordstrom's in Pleasanton again, times will be discussed soon.
And a second stop for us south bayers, at the In-N-Out, eh?
Old 02-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Banned

Oh, and Keith, Cliff, et. al., I promise not to make the trip on slicks this time so you don't have to worry about having to peel me off the road on the way back

Man, those bald pilots, in that rainstorm, was the most squirrely (and quite terrifying) driving experience I think I ever had!

I've got a nice set of S03's with plenty of tread on the RKT now... They seem to really have exceptional wet traction too. Woo hoo!
Old 02-05-2004, 06:30 PM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
The place across the street is the IHOP. My back tires are going to have to get replaced before the Fest as they're getting close to the wear bars (at 13k miles - I think I'll replace them in early March). I wonder how many hose bibs they have at the Ramada? Betcha an inquiry along those lines would make their weird-ass call of the year list

Last edited by Cliff; 02-05-2004 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:34 PM
In Driving Heaven

Mein Auto: 330i
Count me in for the South Bay crew. And this time I get to attend with a BMW.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Mystic Blue 330i, SP, PP, Nav, Heated Seats, Step -- ED July 10, 2003