Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 550ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFO1K View Post
Love my frameless windows. The car is very very quiet.
So far all my guest rear seat passengers have been effusive. And the last two were both over 6'2".
So glad I opted for the Premium Rear Seat Package.
Well, during the test drive wifey commented on how comfortable the rear seat was, which was enough to convince me!

Again, good to hear about the quiet with frameless, thanks for the post.

Right now it's really a question of whether I want to take the big hit with the trade in or stick it out with the 550 for another year or two.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F07 550i GT
I have to agree with some of the other posters, coming from the 04 745li I am pleasantly surprised with this vehicle. I didnt like the idea of going from 7 ->5 but was prodded by my CA to try it. I was sold after I got there. I was looking at 08 750li, maybe even the 09's when I went (mainly for the tech upgrades) and found all I needed in this with a 5-600 a month savings.

I have the Alpine White/Cinnamon Nappa and will say although beautiful I miss my 20-way comfort seats (I got an early one and didnt have the option w/out sport). I love to be able to push a button, go into sport+ and humiliate most who come near my (wagon shaped thing) as it has been called. I have started to fall for the design though I wish it was longer.

Wind noise for me is not much of an issue other than than the windshield (which I think is noisy in all bmw's), I drove the neighbors 11 rover and really think I should have mine resealed or something.

Oh, MY BIGGEST GRIPE, the fact that the exhaust is so quiet, really I have this thing screaming at 5-6k rpm and moving like a rocket, but sounds like a motorcycle with a factory exhaust, or something from kia.

??? for those who may know, can you change an exhaust on a lease car, if you put it back when you are done, maybe not even full exhaust, but remove some mid restrictors/mufflers like I did with my lexus coupe (and loved the sound afterwords)???

As an Engineer I have to say: When all else fails read the manual. Until then, push random buttons like there is no tomorrow!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmooth79 View Post
.......Oh, MY BIGGEST GRIPE, the fact that the exhaust is so quiet, really I have this thing screaming at 5-6k rpm and moving like a rocket, but sounds like a motorcycle with a factory exhaust, or something from kia........
I share your gripe about the quiet exhaust note. When I accelerate, the quiet assertive growl tantalizes...you know if it were allowed to find its voice - the vroom would be pure sex!

One other gripe – no steering wheel paddle shifters – You would think BMW would include paddle shifters, if for no other reason than to reinforce the car’s GT credibility