Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 06-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Dinan S M3, Evolve M5, X3
Sunroof drain hole leaks?

I know this is a major problem for all BMWs, but does anyone have any tips on getting this issue cleared up? My sunroof doesn't leak all the time, but I think if its parked at a certain angle or something and the rain is torrential then the rear driver side gets wet.

I had the indy shop blew the lines and they replaced the vapor barrier and it still has not cured the issue completely... better than before perhaps, but still not 100%
Ads by Google
Old 06-26-2012, 08:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Could be your rear door seal....check out this thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=627293
Old 06-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Dinan S M3, Evolve M5, X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchx3 View Post
Could be your rear door seal....check out this thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=627293

Hmm, never thought about that.
Thanks a lot, I will check it out this weekend
Old 07-01-2012, 05:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Water in cargo area.

Hey just bought a 2005 X3 and having the same problem. I park my car on my driveway which is on a steep angle. We had some heavy rain last week and I noticed water under the left rear cargo netting. I pulled the netting piece out and was all wet back there. Also found water around battery. After taking things apart found it to leaking from roof and running down to cargo area. Did a water test and found rear glass of panaramic roof you could see water coming in. Cleaned out drain tube and hole and water does drain out the bottom of car. Took it to my mechanic yesterday and he blew out the other drains on roof. He also adjusted rear glass because he said it was sitting up to high. He also said its normal for some water to leak in onto the tracks. Thats the way its designed to work. Told me to try it and see what happens. I have been reading alot of threads on this forum about this problem. Some talk about getting a new cassette installed at about $3000. I read a service procedure that someone posted online about BMW replacing pre Oct 2005 with a new type of cassette. My question is will BMW cover this at no cost even if my car is out of warranty? My car was manufactured 06/05. Anybody with any info would be very helpful.
Thanks