Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 35i Sport Sapphire
This is even better!

Retired

1999 Prelude SH / Pearl White /
2007 X3 Sport / Jet Black /
2010 X5 Sport / Sapphire Black /

Current
2013 X5 M-Sport / M-Power / Alpine White /
Old 02-18-2011, 02:37 PM

Mein Auto: X5
this one looks better, but thats a X6M
Old 02-27-2011, 04:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0428 View Post
Feast your eyes:

Its a computer generated picture ... just like any other CONCEPT. I doubt the real deal will be so detailed.

REAL Lumma pics are more like what I've attached here. The first one is what I will mimic (no checkered carbon though).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0001.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	268137   Click image for larger version

Name:	0001a.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	304.3 KB
ID:	268138   Click image for larger version

Name:	0001b.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	268139   Click image for larger version

Name:	0001c.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	386.9 KB
ID:	268140  
Old 03-02-2011, 09:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 Premium
amazing how much you can change the interior of a vehicle!
if it wasn't for the standard rear-view mirror, I would not recognize it...

the steering wheel is super cool!

thanks for sharing...
is there any posts here with all the mods pictures?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:51 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
Is "Lumma" German for "Ghetto"?
Could not of said it better.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X535D/2011 335IS cv
I for one can't get this whole modification thing. For what it probably costs to install that interior (and you still have the same car underneath that you started with), you could upgrade the car itself (eg 5.0 to M probably). This would give you more car for the same money and more resale return.

I know the argument can go "it's their money, they can do what they want", and agreed. I just don't get it, and IMO the whole bling thing has really gotten out of hand. Dunno where it started and I guess it's pretty old, but I suspect the turn-of-the-century Cadillac Escalade might have been one of the leaders of the modern wave of bling.

Even thought I can't clearly define bling, like pr0n, I know it when I see it, and it hurts my eyes and my sensibilities.

Edit: just saw the other Lumma post and comments. Guess I'm not alone.

Last edited by kck7; 03-03-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kck7 View Post
I for one can't get this whole modification thing. For what it probably costs to install that interior (and you still have the same car underneath that you started with), you could upgrade the car itself (eg 5.0 to M probably). This would give you more car for the same money and more resale return.

I know the argument can go "it's their money, they can do what they want", and agreed. I just don't get it, and IMO the whole bling thing has really gotten out of hand. Dunno where it started and I guess it's pretty old, but I suspect the turn-of-the-century Cadillac Escalade might have been one of the leaders of the modern wave of bling.

Even thought I can't clearly define bling, like pr0n, I know it when I see it, and it hurts my eyes and my sensibilities.

That's easy - they are EUROPEAN cars driven by EUROPEAN drivers modded by EUROPEAN tuning companies. They never did ANY of this stuff for the America consumer. So, in American forums, ya'll really dont' get it.

I'm a member of a Euro BMW forum and this stuff is the NORM. While you guys dislike, they simply can't get enough of it.

Ever look at VIP parking at the Mall of Emirates in Dubia? Try youtube'ing sometimes and you'll learn that a lot of the simple mods that you see some guys do on thier cars was all originated in EUROPE.

In fact, think about this: where did you white bulbs, exhaust, superchargers, etc originate? In America ... or Europe?

So again, these are EUROPEAN things. American is "centuries" behind.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:45 PM

Mein Auto: X5 35d; 750Li; IS F
Quote:
Originally Posted by kck7 View Post

I think it's more about individualization. Same as many of us change out the wheels or tint our windows. If you didn't realize, these vehicles are a dime a dozen and not exclusive in any way. Changing them so they stand out from the crowd at least makes them different. Whether you like what is done with them is irrelevant. As long as the owner is happy what difference does it make to you???

'11 750 Li Xdrive Alpine White
'10 X5 35d Space Grey
Old 03-03-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
Is "Lumma" German for "Ghetto"?
LOL, bet if this concept becomes a reality (and I know Lumma, they will not do EVERYTHING you see in the picture) the car will be winning tons of car shows and beat every OEM BMW in this country ... even probably be featured in a few magazines.

Simply put, the owner will be making money off of his/her mods while the rest of us idiots swim in depreciation.

So yeah, you can call it "Ghetto" if you want, but there is nothing "Ghetto" that comes from Lumma, and with a 40K price tag on the M3 interior, that is more than many fully optioned vehicles.

"There aint no money in the ghetto" ... and Lumma aint cheap.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
I think it's more about individualization. Same as many of us change out the wheels or tint our windows. If you didn't realize, these vehicles are a dime a dozen and not exclusive in any way. Changing them so they stand out from the crowd at least makes them different. Whether you like what is done with them is irrelevant. As long as the owner is happy what difference does it make to you???
+1 ... +1 ... +1 ... and to infiniti