Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 12-31-2001, 09:46 AM
Suffering from BMWitis

Send a message via AIM to Eric Giles
Mein Auto: '07 X5 4.8i; '87 325iS
VPC Questions...

Since a few of you here have had a chance to tour one of the VPC's, I have a couple of questions to ask.

Is the VPC open during the entire weekend, or only part of it.

Second, on which holidays do they close and for how long.

As you may have guessed, I am asking these questions because my car reached the port on Saturday, but calling the 800 number shows the status as at the port and nothing else. I was hoping it would have gotten through the VPC and maybe even on a truck by this morning so that I could get it at the end of this week, but it looks like that will not happen now.

BTW, this is the South Carolina VPC I am inquiring about.

Thanks for the replies, and Happy New Year!
Ads by Google
Old 12-31-2001, 10:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bmw
VPC visits

Eric,

VPC is not opened to public at any time, I believe. The last time I visited the VPC here in Oxnard, California, it was part of the BMW CCA tour. Imagine if everyone was to visit the VPC at different times of the day just to look at their car....

Besides not all VPC works on weekends, unless there is a large order to fulfill.

Technik Engineering ASA Stage 1 Supercharged E46 M54B25.
NASA TTD So Cal. Track blog: VSETrack

Old 12-31-2001, 10:15 AM
The Original Dr. Phil

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Phil
Mein Auto: 2012 135 coupe
Question They may have been working this weekend

The NJ VPC was pounding them out toward the end of last week to make EOY #s higher. My car off loaded on Thursday (12/27) and was prepped and ready to go by Saturday. Got loaded on truck Sunday and got to delaer this morning at 10:00. Is currently being detailed/waxed and will be mine as of 4:15.

I'd call your dealer to get up to the date status. They will most likely do there best to invoice it out today to avoid the increase that goes into place tommorrow
Old 12-31-2001, 03:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Thumbs up

The NJ VPC was really moving some metal! My dealer had quite a few deliveries today. Plenty of deliveries today and Wednesday.
Mike
Old 12-31-2001, 03:32 PM
Suffering from BMWitis

Send a message via AIM to Eric Giles
Mein Auto: '07 X5 4.8i; '87 325iS
Thanks for the replies so far...I am still wondering if anyone knows if they are open on Sundays. I have the last DCS report for my 323Ci that was given to me on a Monday a couple of years ago. I seem to remember that the ship docked on a Saturday or Sunday, and the car was on a truck on Monday.

Just getting impatient I guess...maybe I will find out more on Wednesday.