Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 02-25-2011, 12:54 PM

Mein Auto: 92 BMW 318is
318is update NEED HELP!!!

So here's an update, I have a 92 bmw 318is, I just put the intake and throttle body back together and changed the oil, now the car is not wanting to start where as before it would not idle...I checked all of the hoses and gaskets and there was no bad hoses or cracked hoses...when I try to start the car it will fire in the beginning and then just turn and not start could it be rthe fuel pump or fuel pressure...how do I test the fuel pressure? Help plz
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2011, 12:56 PM
nothing.

Mein Auto: who knows?
did you check the flux capacitor?
Old 02-25-2011, 01:14 PM

Yea I'm going to but I have to wait for the space time continum to ship it to me
Old 02-25-2011, 02:18 PM
hookersandblow

Send a message via AIM to Moeman10
Mein Auto: 1992 325is
I'd check your fuel filter, might be clogged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petriej View Post
You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house!
Old 02-25-2011, 04:47 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
Check page 192 of the bentley manual .pdf located as the second link in the link on my sig. It describes how to test your fuel pump.

Ed.

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 02-25-2011, 07:27 PM
MrJanka

Mein Auto: 97' 328i Cab
how many miles are on the car? do you hear the fuel pump turn on when you first turn the ignition? have you changed the fuel filter recently as preventative maintenance?
Old 02-25-2011, 08:24 PM

Yea I changed the fuel filter today there is a 191k on it I bought it about a week ago for 800 and have been tinkering ever since...I have it running and idling the screw for the idle was backed out to far so I adjusted it I let it run for a min then tried to drive it and when I put it in gear it bogged down and died...it is possible that I don't have enough fuel pressure? Also I was listening to the engine and it backfires lightlt about every 10 seconds so could it be running to rich? I changed the plugs on it, cleaned the ICV, TB, and intake, Should i try and unplug the icv and try it that or maybe the MAF and see if that does anything. I dont know if im just not getting enough fuel pressure or what i need to test the pump to make sure its working but im at work right now so i cant

Last edited by Ellemus; 02-26-2011 at 06:58 AM.