Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-02-2011, 12:05 AM

Mein Auto: 528i
I just finished responding, and it lost my text. Amex-Zag also provides a great buying-trend analysis that let's you know if your local dealers are within good pricing or not.
Obviously ---- packages and specific prices need to be evaluated because you're using a third party site from bmw as well as from a bmw dealer.

needless to say ......very reasonable quotes.
Yes, the prices/offers are with respect to invoice.

The dealer I actually bought from was not from Amex-Zag, but the reason I bought from him was his clout (one of the largest dealers on east coast), his personable nature, and the fact that he beat my local dealers from the start, enough to make it worthwhile to drive 6hrs round trip in one day ......without any quote comparisons.

;o] let me know if this helps !
Old 03-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemoved View Post
I just finished responding, and it lost my text. Amex-Zag also provides a great buying-trend analysis that let's you know if your local dealers are within good pricing or not.
Obviously ---- packages and specific prices need to be evaluated because you're using a third party site from bmw as well as from a bmw dealer.

needless to say ......very reasonable quotes.
Yes, the prices/offers are with respect to invoice.

The dealer I actually bought from was not from Amex-Zag, but the reason I bought from him was his clout (one of the largest dealers on east coast), his personable nature, and the fact that he beat my local dealers from the start, enough to make it worthwhile to drive 6hrs round trip in one day ......without any quote comparisons.

;o] let me know if this helps !
I checked this out. Very interesting. I noticed the footnote that prices were for cars on dealers lots. I wouldn't expect these dealers to have the exact car that you build. All builds I did priced out at under invoice. Thanks for the information. Hopefully others will find it useful.

Last edited by bmwarchitect; 03-02-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW F10 535D MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
ROUGHLY speaking, invoice is what a dealer "pays" the manufacturer for the car. It's not really the number, as there are other funds the dealer gets, like holdback, sales quota incentives, etc., that permit them to sell the car at close to what they "paid" for it.

Go to a site like edmunds.com and price the car with options. You'll see the difference between MSRP and Invoice pricing. it's usually close to 10%.

The deals bandied about around Christmas time here in the US were about $300 over invoice BEFORE the holiday cash. I wouldn't be surprised if you could still get the same.
Thanks! That makes much more sense. We have no idea over here what the 'invoice price' is, but the Internet is useful for comparing deals etc. That and haggling with the various dealers (and there are 3 of them close to where I live).
535d MSport Carbon Black / Black Nappa / Fineline Anthracite | Visability Pack | HUD | ACC | Adaptive Drive | Folding Seats | 4 Zone Climate | Surround View | Pro NAV | USB Audio | Professional Audio | Sun Roof | Comfort Seats | Heated Seats Front / Rear | Professional Rear Seat Entertainment.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 535i M Sport
So how does pricing get set in the UK? Is everything based off the MSRP?