Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Z4321 Z4321 is offline
Registered User
Location: Georgia
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: Z4
Z4 custom wheels

I have spend hours looking for custom wheels to put on my 2007 Z4 SI w/sport package. The front rims are 8" and the rears are 8.5" due to the sport package. No one other than OZ seems to make both an 8" and 8.5" wheel in the same style.
They are usually 8" and 9". Does anyone know of other manufacturers that make both 8" and 8.5" rims in the same style? Can I just get new tires for the rears and put them on 8" rims - thus having 225/40 x 18" all the way around the car? Or would this not work do to other factors added in the sport package?
Thanks for your comments again,
Frustrated Dan
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 03-02-2011, 04:34 AM
STIHLBOLTS STIHLBOLTS is offline
Hat's On, Tops Down!
Location: Georiga
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,038
Mein Auto: 2008 Z4MR
Did you try these guys?

http://www.beyernwheels.com/index.php

Best regards
__________________

2008 Z4M Roadster
BMWCCA/ZSCCA Member
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 AM
Z4321 Z4321 is offline
Registered User
Location: Georgia
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: Z4
Thanks for the info. I checked their website and they don't offer staggered rims in both 8" and 8.5" in the same style. This is what frustrates me. The only ones that I was referred to is OZ. Their rims are colored. I'm looking for something in chrome. Now if 9" rims will fit on my 255/35 18" rear tires without having the "bulging" effect - then I could look for 8" and 9" in the same style. Or if I could put 8" rims on new 225/40 18" tires without effecting the sport package - I could do that. No one seems to know for sure, or at least - not replying back to me.
Thanks, Dan
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 AM
STIHLBOLTS STIHLBOLTS is offline
Hat's On, Tops Down!
Location: Georiga
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,038
Mein Auto: 2008 Z4MR
I can't point you to the specific thread but I have read in here that several folks do have staggered wheels up to 10 inch wide with spaces so try searching and see what you come up with.

I don't see why a 8 and 9 would hurt, you would simply need a spacer on the rear set.

Best regards
__________________

2008 Z4M Roadster
BMWCCA/ZSCCA Member
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Z4321 Z4321 is offline
Registered User
Location: Georgia
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: Z4
Thanks. I'll check with Global Imports where I purchased the car. Your 2008 looks tough.
Thanks, Dan
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-04-2011, 10:27 AM
LarkHouston's Avatar
LarkHouston LarkHouston is offline
Doing the best I can
Location: Just another day in Paradise
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,055
Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
8 and 9 will work without a spacer depending on the offsets. I have 19/8F and 19/9R on mine right now. No problem. I put my style 230 from my 335 (see sig pic below) on my Z4. They aren't going to stay there because I don't like the look of the 19s and they are just too heavy. So I just today ordered OZ Ultraleggera (Bright Silver) in 18/8F and 18/9R +40offset.
__________________
2009 335i e92
2013 Porsche Boxster S
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si- Gone, but not forgotten

Last edited by LarkHouston; 03-04-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Z4321 Z4321 is offline
Registered User
Location: Georgia
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: Z4
Thanks for the info LarkHouston. If I go 8" in the front and 9" in the rears - that opens up alot more choices. Can't wait to see your Z photos when finished.
Dan
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-04-2011, 12:00 PM
BruceJM BruceJM is offline
BruceJ
Location: Georgia
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 91
Mein Auto: E30 vert, Z4 Si, 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4321 View Post
Thanks. I'll check with Global Imports where I purchased the car. Your 2008 looks tough.
Thanks, Dan
You dont care for the 108's? Thats what came with mine. (see Pic) BTW I bought my car a Global as well, Unbelieveable, 5 stories of cars.
__________________

Life's Good!
07 Z4Si - Mods: M front Bumper, Mstache, Alarm, Hardtop Retrofit & Hardtop, mudflaps, windscreen, DaveZ GDO, Intravee II, Gaptech Remote +, Diet hamburgers and a Fat steering wheel.

03 330i - Mods: MTechII front Bumper, 142K and rollin!
88 & 89 E30 Verts
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-04-2011, 12:06 PM
BruceJM BruceJM is offline
BruceJ
Location: Georgia
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 91
Mein Auto: E30 vert, Z4 Si, 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4321 View Post
I have spend hours looking for custom wheels to put on my 2007 Z4 SI w/sport package. The front rims are 8" and the rears are 8.5" due to the sport package. No one other than OZ seems to make both an 8" and 8.5" wheel in the same style.
They are usually 8" and 9". Does anyone know of other manufacturers that make both 8" and 8.5" rims in the same style? Can I just get new tires for the rears and put them on 8" rims - thus having 225/40 x 18" all the way around the car? Or would this not work do to other factors added in the sport package?
Thanks for your comments again,
Frustrated Dan
Dan, the best way to have 225/40/18's all around is to puton 8 inch wheels all around. If you have the 108 style wheels get 2 more front wheels, 10mm offset spacers and 10mm longer wheel bolts. I have looked at this and may do it when my present run flats give up the ghost. There are a lot of options for tires in 225/40/18's.

You probably are pretty spun up already but you really have to pay attention to offsets/size for aftermarket wheels

108's have had a lot of issues, mostly poorly applied and peeling Clear coat followed by corrosion. I like the wheel style, I'm gonna try and hang on to them. If you have and hate your 108's send me a PM/email.
There are some awesome wheels out there
Bruce
__________________

Life's Good!
07 Z4Si - Mods: M front Bumper, Mstache, Alarm, Hardtop Retrofit & Hardtop, mudflaps, windscreen, DaveZ GDO, Intravee II, Gaptech Remote +, Diet hamburgers and a Fat steering wheel.

03 330i - Mods: MTechII front Bumper, 142K and rollin!
88 & 89 E30 Verts

Last edited by BruceJM; 03-04-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-04-2011, 02:09 PM
LarkHouston's Avatar
LarkHouston LarkHouston is offline
Doing the best I can
Location: Just another day in Paradise
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,055
Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceJM View Post
Dan, the best way to have 225/40/18's all around is to puton 8 inch wheels all around. If you have the 108 style wheels get 2 more front wheels, 10mm offset spacers and 10mm longer wheel bolts. I have looked at this and may do it when my present run flats give up the ghost. There are a lot of options for tires in 225/40/18's.

You probably are pretty spun up already but you really have to pay attention to offsets/size for aftermarket wheels

108's have had a lot of issues, mostly poorly applied and peeling Clear coat followed by corrosion. I like the wheel style, I'm gonna try and hang on to them. If you have and hate your 108's send me a PM/email.
There are some awesome wheels out there
Bruce
Not to hijack this thread, but what's a "stealth garage door opener."
__________________
2009 335i e92
2013 Porsche Boxster S
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si- Gone, but not forgotten
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-04-2011, 08:12 PM
MyCoupe MyCoupe is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Carolina
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 181
Mein Auto: 2001 M Coupe
Beryn Wheels

I have sent you a private message. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-05-2011, 11:54 AM
wthirsk wthirsk is offline
Bill&MariaZ4X3
Location: New City, NY
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 20
Mein Auto: Z4 and X3
Tire Rack - ASA AR1

They have a staggered set - 18 / 8 18 / 8.5. Some other models too. I have bought tires from them for both my z and my wife's x3. Good company, good price, good service.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms