Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 02-09-2004, 10:39 AM   #1
New Maintenance Program Upgrade!
BMWNA
BMW NA Customer Relations

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by BMWNA

I’m with BMW of North America, LLC. Yes, it’s true! We’re proud and very pleased to announce you our newest Maintenance Program Upgrade.

As of 1/12/04, your authorized BMW center will have the option to offer an additional two (2) years/50,000 miles of BMW Maintenance on qualified vehicles with standard (or optional) 4-yr/50,000 mile Maintenance coverage. Additionally, qualified BMWs currently within 3-yr/36,000 maintenance coverage will also be able to upgrade directly to the 6-yr/100,000 mile coverage.

Most 2000 model year and later BMWs, originally imported by BMW of North America and retailed through one of our authorized BMW centers, that are still within their original (or upgraded) Maintenance coverage are eligible for this upgrade.

Upgrades are not just limited to new vehicle sales, or vehicles in BMW centers’ inventories! Customers that own their vehicles are also able to obtain this 2 year 50,000 mile coverage option.

The BMW Maintenance Program covers factory recommended maintenance as listed in the Owner’s BMW Service and Warranty Information Booklet that is provided in the vehicle.

In addition, the replacement of the following items only due to normal wear and tear are also covered: brake linings (pads) and rotors (both covered only when worn below limits as per BMW Technical Data Information), external drive belts, clutch, wiper blade inserts, and other adjustments required due to normal operating conditions (exclusions apply).

If you want to learn more about this new Maintenance Program Upgrade, you can contact us at (800) 831-1117 or visit your local BMW Center.

BMW NA Customer Relations and Services
This article has been viewed 3610 times.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:44 AM

Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatkens

If you want to learn more about this new Maintenance Program Upgrade, you can contact us at (800) 831-1117 or visit your local BMW Center.
customer service rep at 800-831-1117 said he didn't have any info and that it had to be handled through the individual dealership.

To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 335i M-Sport EB
Does BMW have an MSRP for this program?
Old 02-09-2004, 10:45 AM

Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDV330i
Does BMW have an MSRP for this program?
not according to the BMWNA rep I spoke with

To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Paw Paw

Send a message via Yahoo to glaws
Mein Auto: 2002 M3 Coupe Topaz/Gray
I think that the phrases "BMW centers will have the option" and "qualified vehicles" should tell the story. Not all dealers will offer it and, even if they do, not all BMW's will qualify.

A friend will allways try to help you up when you fall. If I can't get you up: Hell, I'll just lie down with you.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:54 AM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaws
I think that the phrases "BMW centers will have the option" and "qualified vehicles" should tell the story. Not all dealers will offer it and, even if they do, not all BMW's will qualify.
I think Stuka's story is all the proof you need to tell you that this will indeed be the case. Though I expected 'huh?' from the dealers (like with everything else), I'm a bit surprised that 831-1117 is clueless as well.

I'd like to see the DCS announcement to dealers about this.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:21 AM

Mein Auto: 01 325CiC
You would think they would post this information on their website or in the Owners Circle. But I can't find anything. I hate when they won't publish information and direct you to ask your dealer for details and pricing. It makes it sound like the dealers are free to overcharge, or change what they will do. It just sounds underhanded that way. What's there that is so secret?
Old 02-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Brevity= the soul of wit

Mein Auto: You've*got*to be kidding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz
I think Stuka's story is all the proof you need to tell you that this will indeed be the case. Though I expected 'huh?' from the dealers (like with everything else), I'm a bit surprised that 831-1117 is clueless as well.

I'd like to see the DCS announcement to dealers about this.
:repost: From the "Ask a dealer" forum. Posted Jan 8th. Read through the whole thread for docs of the inclusions, exclusions, pricing and an offer or two from selling dealers who sponsor Bimmerfest.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Brevity= the soul of wit

Mein Auto: You've*got*to be kidding
Quote:
Originally Posted by egruber
What's there that is so secret?
I'll tell you what I think the big secret is: What BMWNA does is what KFC does. They license their logo, product, name and other advertising rights to franchisees. Like a KFC, your experience with the dealer will vary as will pricing on the items. Some dealers will sell a BMW program and some will not. They are allowed to set pricing (above or below MSRP) and policies according to what their individual market will bear. In the end, it's their dealership- not BMWNA's. When there is customer service conflict, BMWNA is not much more than an ombudsman.

I am not suggesting that BMWNA is powerless in their pursuit of customer satisfaction and dealer interaction, but you must consider the nature of the relationship between BMWNA and the dealer. The dealer is BMWNA's customer. You are BMWNA's customer. THEY pay tons of licensing, hundreds of autos a year and other fees associated with maintaining their 'authorized dealer' status. What is the average an individual owner pays over his lifetime to BMWNA? 3,000 cars a lifetime? Licensing? Advertising? Not likely.

Finally, it's not too different from any other car dealer or retail outlet. Unless the dealer is company owned, the management policies and decisions are made within the confines of that building and within the boundaries of the franchise agreement. Chik-fil-A, for instance does not allow it's franchises to be open on Sunday. If a dealer starts to do things that void the agreement, BMWNA can kill it's authorized status. In doing so, BMWNA stands to lose a lot of money and other more invisible costs. It is up to BMWNA to consider if all of the associated costs are worth pulling the franchise agreement.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:52 PM

Mein Auto: For fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead
I'll tell you what I think the big secret is: What BMWNA does is what KFC does. They license their logo, product, name and other advertising rights to franchisees. Like a KFC, your experience with the dealer will vary as will pricing on the items. Some dealers will sell a BMW program and some will not. They are allowed to set pricing (above or below MSRP) and policies according to what their individual market will bear. In the end, it's their dealership- not BMWNA's. When there is customer service conflict, BMWNA is not much more than an ombudsman.

I am not suggesting that BMWNA is powerless in their pursuit of customer satisfaction and dealer interaction, but you must consider the nature of the relationship between BMWNA and the dealer. The dealer is BMWNA's customer. You are BMWNA's customer. THEY pay tons of licensing, hundreds of autos a year and other fees associated with maintaining their 'authorized dealer' status. What is the average an individual owner pays over his lifetime to BMWNA? 3,000 cars a lifetime? Licensing? Advertising? Not likely.

Finally, it's not too different from any other car dealer or retail outlet. Unless the dealer is company owned, the management policies and decisions are made within the confines of that building and within the boundaries of the franchise agreement. Chik-fil-A, for instance does not allow it's franchises to be open on Sunday. If a dealer starts to do things that void the agreement, BMWNA can kill it's authorized status. In doing so, BMWNA stands to lose a lot of money and other more invisible costs. It is up to BMWNA to consider if all of the associated costs are worth pulling the franchise agreement.