Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-02-2011, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: Now: Infiniti G35X
F10 order tracking question

Hi,

I ordered my 550i X Drive on Feb 18. I'm in Toronto, Canada. I called the BMW NA 800 number and went to "vehicle production status" and entered my VIN. I was told that my car "is in transit." They can make a car that fast!? Here's the weird part though... When I ordered the car, I was told my car would be made in March production and as such would have March production features such as BMW APPS (6NF/6NR) - indeed, this feature is on my order form. If my car is already in transit on March 2, I can't imagine how it could have been produced in March! Something's wrong here...

Any thoughts?

Jeremy
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 528i, 2014 X5
My bet is that you will have the 6nr feature if it's on the order form. My march build was moved up a week and my dealer says it's okay as 6nf/6nr is on the sticker. You may be one of the first to see 6nr so keep us posted!

Old 03-02-2011, 03:29 PM

Mein Auto: 535i xDrive, C4S cab
If it were me I'd be concerned. I hope it turns out you have the 6NR.

Someone asked if the build week was the start or finish of production, don't think I've seen an answer. Could be that you are week 9 as that is this week.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:19 PM

I am concerned... on one hand, my sales contract clearly indicates "BMW APPS" so it would be a royal mess up on their end if my car is built before 6nf/6nr is available. My guess is it will have it - and if it doesn't - they'll have to build a new one.

What I am particularly concerned about are the other features that become available in March production cars - 6WA (extended black panel) and multicolor HUD... I had assumed I would be getting these features in a post March1 production car. If my car is indeed in transit, this doesn't look good...?
Old 03-02-2011, 08:39 PM

FWIW, I was told by a sales manager that spoke to a rep at BMWNA, that the full color HUD 610, was not coming to the US in March. Maybe Canada gets it...
Old 03-03-2011, 05:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 E93 M3
The first production week for March technically began 2/28. Cars produced that week probably began late the previous week as the production week usually means it is done by then, not started. You may have a fighting chance, however the sales order sheet is not reliable and the actual Vehicle Inquiry Report the dealer has access to is the real source. Get them to send you a copy of the VIR and you will know exactly what the factory agreed to and in your case produced.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:50 PM

I just learned that a US car can have the same last seven digits in the VIN as a Canadian car has - it appears that when I keyed in my vin on the north american bmw phone line, it was pulling up the wrong car. A call to BMW Canada reveals that my car is in the "plan to be produced shortly" stage. They tell me it will go into production in another week or so and that I should have it ready for pick up in two months from that point. (!!) I have carefully reviewed the VIR. While there is mention of "610 HEAD-UP DISPLAY" and "6NR BMW APPS", there is no indication as to whether I'll be getting extended black panel of color HUD. The guy at BMW Canada and the dealership had no information whatsoever re: changes to the Canadian version of the F10 post-March production. It's looking like I probably won't get these features but might, and that only time will tell. I'm surprised at how long they say it'll take to get to Toronto! Two months from the time production begins!?

Jeremy
Old 03-05-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer38lms View Post
I just learned that a US car can have the same last seven digits in the VIN as a Canadian car has - it appears that when I keyed in my vin on the north american bmw phone line, it was pulling up the wrong car. A call to BMW Canada reveals that my car is in the "plan to be produced shortly" stage. They tell me it will go into production in another week or so and that I should have it ready for pick up in two months from that point. (!!) I have carefully reviewed the VIR. While there is mention of "610 HEAD-UP DISPLAY" and "6NR BMW APPS", there is no indication as to whether I'll be getting extended black panel of color HUD. The guy at BMW Canada and the dealership had no information whatsoever re: changes to the Canadian version of the F10 post-March production. It's looking like I probably won't get these features but might, and that only time will tell. I'm surprised at how long they say it'll take to get to Toronto! Two months from the time production begins!?

Jeremy
Is 6WA listed? Should be when 610 is added. 6WA should be the extended black display.

I ordered on 24 Feb and today it moved to, in production. Mine shows 6WA.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:05 AM
Gadget/Car Nut

Mein Auto: 2011 535xi
FWIW, my car, with the 6NR option, completed production on 3.2.11, so I'm assuming "March Production" refers to the completion date, not that start date.

And what’s this about no full-color HUD for the US? That's news to me...
Old 03-06-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH512 View Post
Is 6WA listed? Should be when 610 is added. 6WA should be the extended black display.

I ordered on 24 Feb and today it moved to, in production. Mine shows 6WA.

6WA is not listed on my VIR... I guess that means I won't be getting the extended black panel display? I wish BMW Canada would release something re: post-March changes - I know I'm getting 6NR (what they call "BMW APPS" in Canada) but don't see anything about the multicolor HUD or black panel in Canada.... Do you know if your dealer had to add 6WA or did it automatically get added to your VIR when you added 6NR?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:47 AM

6WA just came up with 610 Head-up display. Was not added.

On the last order guide dated 2/17/11 - the note states: 610 will add 6WA instrument cluster with extended contents

That is in fact what it did. Last item on my VIR.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:51 AM

sucks for me I guess....

what exactly is the order guide? I wonder if there's a Canadian version
Old 03-06-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argelius View Post

And what’s this about no full-color HUD for the US? That's news to me...
I can find no information to support that the US is getting the full color HUD at this time. UK and Europe - yes.

I got one sales manager to call their BMW rep and he relayed it is not happening now. No one else seems to even know anything--

Really wish it would be on our cars but for now, I think NOT.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer38lms View Post
sucks for me I guess....

what exactly is the order guide? I wonder if there's a Canadian version
Posted here
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ht=order+guide