Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Babbage Babbage is offline
First bimmer
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 35
Mein Auto: X3 2011
Thumbs up My order: X3 fully loaded! [Montreal]

First post, first BMW. So I decided to go all out, and my car should arrive in a couple of weeks (Montreal, Canada).

2011 BMW X3 35i, with everything.

Technology package
Premium package
Executive package
Dynamic Comfort package
Metallic paint (deep sea blue) / Black interior
Satin alum roof rails
Storage package
Heads Up Display

I got over $2,000 off MSRP, and the security engraving and lock nuts thrown in. Not a fantastic deal, but very fair given my very specific order and the fact that the vehicle is brand new.


To bad we can't seem to track our car to delivery in Canada.

PS: Anyone have an Android phone? Know how well it integrates with the X3's systems? (streaming audio, etc.)
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 03-03-2011, 08:19 PM
CAncel… CAncel… is offline
Registered User
Location: Montreal
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 4W
Hi Babbage,
My first post here from Montreal as well. I got 2% off from MSRP plus some taxes removed. So at the end probably similar story to yours with similar features although I did not order DCP, Heads up Display nor Storage package. I have iPhone 4 and have added "ZOX BMW Apps" option (6NF Smartphone Integration" and "6NR BMW Apps"). I have ordered my X3 35i from Laval. How about you?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Babbage Babbage is offline
First bimmer
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 35
Mein Auto: X3 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAncel….. View Post
have added "ZOX BMW Apps" option (6NF Smartphone Integration" and "6NR BMW Apps").

Hmm... I don't remember seeing those options (6NF and 6NR). I wonder what they are.
I believe the new BMWs support A2DP, so audio music streaming from my Android phone should be OK. Won't know for sure until I try though.


I got mine from BMW West Island.

It's coming soon, so I guess I better get cracking on getting some insurance quotes.

Last edited by Babbage; 03-03-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-03-2011, 09:17 PM
imtennisgoddess imtennisgoddess is offline
Registered User
Location: Arizona
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: 2011 x3 35i
I have audio streaming from my verizon IPhone. It was simple to set up and works perfectly. I also loaded music onto the hard drive via the flash drive outlet in the glove box. I loaded 140 songs in 3 or 4 minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 PM
SilverX3 SilverX3 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Australia
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,278
Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
Pics please
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-13-2011, 05:56 AM
Babbage Babbage is offline
First bimmer
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 35
Mein Auto: X3 2011
Smile

Took delivery 3 days ago! Very satisfied. The blue looks great, and I'm happy with the black letherette.

The 35i is really powerful, and the road handling feels great. Will have to be careful with those speed limits.

Nice touches I noticed:
- the cruise control lights up a tiny green indicator on the speedometer next to the selected speed.
- the radio buttons are electrostatic! they notice when your finger just brushes up against them.

Small negatives:
- In Canada, unlike the USA, we get 60/40 split back seat, not 3 way split
- No heated rear seats in Canada
- No rear sunshades or cargo net on the rear seats.

Pairing my Android Nexus One for phone calls works great. But I've had some problems with the A2DP bluetooth audio streaming. Not sure if problems stem from the phone or the car. Will experiment some more.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-13-2011, 09:31 AM
MarcA78's Avatar
MarcA78 MarcA78 is offline
Fountainhead
Location: Portland, OR
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 722
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbage View Post
- In Canada, unlike the USA, we get 60/40 split back seat, not 3 way split.
It's a paid option here though, not standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverX3 View Post
Pics please
This.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Shaw's Avatar
Shaw Shaw is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 262
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 28i & 2013 328iX
Hey Babbage,
Congarts with the new X3!
Can you shed some light on the Dynamic Comfort Package you are experiencing and how it impacts the overall performance? Can you share some thoughts on that? Is it a must to have if you are ordering a new X3? Would you do it again? Does it only have the Sport option or there are other possibilities?
Cheers
Shaw
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:30 AM
Babbage Babbage is offline
First bimmer
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 35
Mein Auto: X3 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Can you shed some light on the Dynamic Comfort Package you are experiencing and how it impacts the overall performance? Can you share some thoughts on that? Is it a must to have if you are ordering a new X3? Would you do it again? Does it only have the Sport option or there are other possibilities?

Pics: It's been raining or slushy since I got the car, so the outside is dirty. Also, I think I'll be tinting the windows much darker next week, so I'll wait until then.

DCP: I've only had the car since Friday afternoon (2 .5 days ago), so I can't give huge insight yet. It has 3 settings: Normal, Sport, Sport +. Those settings seem less configurable than I thought (under iDrive, options).

So far, I'd say: If you're a driving enthusiast, or if you need every single option, go for it. Otherwise save the money. In city streets with potholes, you'll never use it anyways.

Or spend it on the Heads Up Display! So glad I got that. Will never go back to a car without it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-15-2011, 10:43 AM
CAncel… CAncel… is offline
Registered User
Location: Montreal
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 4W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbage View Post
Took delivery 3 days ago! Very satisfied. The blue looks great, and I'm happy with the black letherette.

The 35i is really powerful, and the road handling feels great. Will have to be careful with those speed limits.

Nice touches I noticed:
- the cruise control lights up a tiny green indicator on the speedometer next to the selected speed.
- the radio buttons are electrostatic! they notice when your finger just brushes up against them.

Small negatives:
- In Canada, unlike the USA, we get 60/40 split back seat, not 3 way split
- No heated rear seats in Canada
- No rear sunshades or cargo net on the rear seats.

Pairing my Android Nexus One for phone calls works great. But I've had some problems with the A2DP bluetooth audio streaming. Not sure if problems stem from the phone or the car. Will experiment some more.

Congratulations and Enjoy!!

I have few more days to decide to get DCP or not.... but you are saying that you cannot tell the difference so much between those 3 settings while driving in the city, correct?

Can you please confirm that your standard canadian back seats are folding separately and not all in one piece or is 60/40 split an option and not standard?

Also, do you see any place under the bumper or on it where a bake hitch can be installed?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-16-2011, 04:58 AM
Babbage Babbage is offline
First bimmer
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 35
Mein Auto: X3 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAncel… View Post
you cannot tell the difference so much between those 3 settings while driving in the city, correct?
I'm sure that you *could*, if you accelerate and corner hard. But in the city, with pedestrians and potholes (many here) and everything else, I drive very conservatively. So I couldn't yet tell the difference.

Probably you could tell the difference in potholes and speedbumps.


back seats: Mine are folding 60/40 split. Not sure if they are standard, or if they're included because it's a 35i, or one of the packages I got. It was definitely not a separate option. In the USA it's a 3 way split, which I was not offered.

Under the bumper bike hitch: I think it would be possible, after all there's a place for a car hitch. But don't take my word on that, I know nothing about mechanical things.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-16-2011, 03:48 PM
CAncel… CAncel… is offline
Registered User
Location: Montreal
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 4W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbage View Post
I'm sure that you *could*, if you accelerate and corner hard. But in the city, with pedestrians and potholes (many here) and everything else, I drive very conservatively. So I couldn't yet tell the difference.

Probably you could tell the difference in potholes and speedbumps.


back seats: Mine are folding 60/40 split. Not sure if they are standard, or if they're included because it's a 35i, or one of the packages I got. It was definitely not a separate option. In the USA it's a 3 way split, which I was not offered.

Under the bumper bike hitch: I think it would be possible, after all there's a place for a car hitch. But don't take my word on that, I know nothing about mechanical things.
Thanks for sharing. That was helpful.
I think I'm going ahead without DCP on my 35i. I should resist having all the possible options included. I enjoy these other gadgets even more then something that gives me different styles of ride. I will live without DCP although I understand the joy of having it.

If you have any other observation about your car to share, please do.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
canada, hud, montreal, msrp, x3


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms