Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 03-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335d Le Mans Blue/Black
Brief update about pickup of 335d on monday

I forgot to sign the notebook but the ED experience so far is amazing!! We picked up my car on monday and did the factory tour afterwards we did the museum tour on Sunday after we landed.

We did some drives on Monday but spent today driving to do neuschwanstein tour and then drove down to Geneva. We filled up the half tank hoping that would get the tank down enough for the drop off tomorrow but even after multiple trips and in Germany doing alot of runs of over 100 mph on autobahn we still managed to average 31 mph after the drive through Switzerland.

Here is a photo of my car. Sorry I don't have a photo of me by my car but it is on my camera and I don't have a computer to upload from.

Loving it so far! Sad to part with it tomorrow and can't wait for it to arrive back home.

Some more Photos:

My 1st time seeing the car coming down the stairs from Premium Lounge!! :-)

Mileage when picking up car

Engine compartment

The car @ the parking lot @ Neuschwanstein

The car @ the dropoff point

Mileage when dropping off.

Now for the long wait.
E90 335d - Le Mans Blue, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Trim, M-Sport Package w/ Paddles, Premium Package, Navigation, Heated Front Seats, Split Fold Down Rear Seats, Smartphone Integration, Comfort Access, Harmon Kardon Surround Sound System. Ipod/USB Integration, Satellite Radio, Anti-Theft Alarm

Delivery: March 07, 2011. My European Delivery Car Photos Dropoff in Geneva: March 09, 2011 - Geneva
Redelivery: May 13, 2011

Last edited by aljlin; 03-12-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 03-08-2011, 02:44 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Looks Great. The 335d is a great car, you'll enjoy it.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Old 03-08-2011, 02:52 PM

Mein Auto: 335d, vw jetta wagon tdi
question about your routing Füssen to Geneva

I pickup my 335d on April 21 and head to Füssen on the 22nd and to Geneva on the 23rd. When departing the Füssen area did you take 7/E532 northwest up to Memmingen to catch the 96/E54 or did you perhaps take 12 west? What route did you take further west to Geneva?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:22 PM

I don't exactly remember given it was a very long drive we just followed the drive nav to destination. I will try to retrace route and see the route.
E90 335d - Le Mans Blue, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Trim, M-Sport Package w/ Paddles, Premium Package, Navigation, Heated Front Seats, Split Fold Down Rear Seats, Smartphone Integration, Comfort Access, Harmon Kardon Surround Sound System. Ipod/USB Integration, Satellite Radio, Anti-Theft Alarm

Delivery: March 07, 2011. My European Delivery Car Photos Dropoff in Geneva: March 09, 2011 - Geneva
Old 03-12-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars+ View Post
I pickup my 335d on April 21 and head to Füssen on the 22nd and to Geneva on the 23rd. When departing the Füssen area did you take 7/E532 northwest up to Memmingen to catch the 96/E54 or did you perhaps take 12 west? What route did you take further west to Geneva?
I think we caught the E532, but we had to do a slight detour because there was some festival going on on one of the streets to E532, but it looks like the direction we went.

BTW, i uploaded some more photos of my car, none with me, but still sorting through photos. :-)

Old 05-13-2011, 05:07 PM

Finally got my car back, after 9 weeks! so looong, but so worth it! ED was fantastic! and having it here is even more fantastic!

Some photos here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=541290

Old 05-13-2011, 08:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 VW GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by aljlin View Post
I forgot to sign the notebook but the ED experience so far is amazing!! We picked up my car on monday and did the factory tour afterwards we did the museum tour on Sunday after we landed.

We did some drives on Monday but spent today driving to do neuschwanstein tour and then drove down to Geneva. We filled up the half tank hoping that would get the tank down enough for the drop off tomorrow but even after multiple trips and in Germany doing alot of runs of over 100 mph on autobahn we still managed to average 31 mph after the drive through Switzerland.

Here is a photo of my car. Sorry I don't have a photo of me by my car but it is on my camera and I don't have a computer to upload from.

Loving it so far! Sad to part with it tomorrow and can't wait for it to arrive back home.

Some more Photos:

My 1st time seeing the car coming down the stairs from Premium Lounge!! :-)

Mileage when picking up car

Engine compartment

The car @ the parking lot @ Neuschwanstein

The car @ the dropoff point

Mileage when dropping off.

Now for the long wait.
Great car, congrats! By the way, how did you schedule your drop off in Geneva? I am planning to drop off there on June 17 and any tips would be appreciated.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:59 PM

I actually called them the day before but because they weren't that busy, it was ok with them. They definitely want you to call ahead of time and make an appointment because BMW ED is a side job. Rita's cool though. If you don't want to call them, you can try emailing them at : zenhausern@ritschard.ch and give them your basic information. They did actually ask me to fax some paperwork the before you get there. Believe it was the purchase order and also some paper that you sign in munich that you picked up your car... they do want you to get there before 4 PM btw.