Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW Z3 3.0i
Arrow BMW Z3 - Dice RDS PRO with SIRIUS Installation

A buddy of mine and I are going to install the Dice RDS PRO and SIRIUS SCC1 tuner this weekend.

For those who don't know; this module will play iPod and SIRIUS satellite radio through the stock BMW Business CD radio, and display the track information on the existing radio display (if your radio has RDS).

I bought it at TSS Radio; full kit with SIRIUS SCC1 for $169.99 and the antenna adapter for another $36.99 (required). Here is the link, in case you want to see the kit:

http://www.tss-radio.com/products/un...for-car-radios

Noticing that there are no good installation photos, tips or advice on this module, would it be of interest to anyone for me to post the step-by-step photos in the "Z3 How To" section?

If not, I won't bother if there is no interest.

2001 BMW Z3 - 3.0i - Hellrot II - 100% OEM; Down to the Tires (Dunlop 8080E)
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M Roadster
There is interest. I think you showed me something I was not familiar with. Im debating on getting the Dice MediaBridge or Silverline Duo that connect to the factory radio through the 2 connectors in the trunk for the factory six disc CD changer. However, correct me if I am wrong, this looks like a more universal type unit that connects through the factory antenna. I'm curious why you went with this unit as a-posed to the MediaBridge or the Silverline Duo. I heard some of the last 08 M Roadsters/Z4s don't have the trunk wiring for the CD changer and I haven't had a chance to pull my trunk apart to see if it's there. However, that may just be a myth. The Dice units seem to be very polarizing. For some they work fine, others I read go through 2 or 3 units and just give up. I'm looking forward to hearing your results.