Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 03-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
For the BMW owner who has everything - The BMW M Bike

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

BMW M Bike Carbon Racer

BMW continues to slap the M badge on everything. Their latest creation is an all carbon fiber road bike, an upgrade to the previous M bike, which sported an aluminum frame. Being some what of a bike enthusiast I will admit to liking the look, but being a BMW enthusiasts I wish they didn't add the M badge to it

What do you think? Is an this bike M worth or does it reak of a marketing department gone wild?

A Super-Fast Lightweight. BMW M Bike Carbon Racer
A healthy number: almost three-quarters of all Germans regularly hop onto a bicycle.* And after experiencing the new BMW M Bike Carbon Racer this summer, that number is definitely going to increase. This bike unites the highest level of riding comfort with an exceptional design. The Munich-based company BMW, which has over 60 years of experience in bicycle manufacturing, will present the first racing bike from the exclusive BMW M Series in June 2011.

M the strongest letter in the world
High performance and athleticism, combined with being suitable for everyday use, are the stand-out qualities of the BMW M Series. And now the dynamics of the BMW M automobiles can also be found on two wheels: Thanks to high-tech materials and components, the BMW M Bike Carbon Racer is a high-performance racing machine. Its distinctive frame has been designed in an anthracite carbon look, while colored accents on the rims, handlebar grips, and saddle inlay in the typical BMW M red color show off the origins of this top-quality bike. And anyone that hops in the fi'zi:k Tundra 2 saddle will quickly realize that this is only the beginning of the bike's captivating appeal.

Carbon the material the best racing machines are made from
For those watching the BMW M Bike Carbon Racer ride by from the sidewalk, it's love at first sight and there usually isn't time for a second look with this racing machine. So it really pays to take a look at the frame, which is the heart of every bike. For the new BMW M Bike Carbon Racer, BMW's developers constructed a carbon frame that is extremely light and stiff, absorbs shocks, and is absolutely corrosion-free. BMW doesn't use any mass-produced elements in its fleet of bicycles, instead working only with frames it develops itself. And with Shimano Ultegra gears, you can quickly get the 7.4 kg racing bike moving at top speed.

Each component is state of the art
Whether for athletic endeavors or recreational riding, every detail is perfect when you hit the pedals of the BMW M Bike Carbon Racer. This high-performance bike truly stands out as a result of carefully selected components and the perfect coordination of all the top-quality parts. Even in extreme conditions, the Shimano Ultegra brakes and gear levers allow the rider to change gears quickly, and the uncompromising lightweight design allows for particularly fluid braking. The chain and cassette provide a perfectly smooth transmission of energy both on flat areas of road and on difficult slopes.

The BMW M Bike Carbon Racer is unrivaled in its combination of technically sophisticated equipment with exclusive design but it is what you would normally expect from a BMW M product. The summer of 2011 will be all about "sheer driving pleasure" for every BMW owner, even those with two-wheeled vehicles.

The BMW M Bike Carbon Racer will be available from select BMW dealers and online at www.bmw-shop.com from June 2011.

Last edited by tim330i; 06-21-2013 at 12:28 PM..
This article has been viewed 8686 times.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:31 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 525i
bike

Why do it? Looks like a generic chinese frame with standard mid-range components. Would look really silly to show up at any group ride.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:53 PM
I feed trolls

Mein Auto: 3 series
And it doesnt even have disc brakes? I smell a flop in the near future

RIP Ben "Jever" Doebele, we wont forget you

Please, call me Chadley

1997 328iS... HR coilovers, Brembo F40 calipers, camber plates, it needs a CUMMINS!!

1990-somethin Chevy K3500... Cummins, cab swap, 5 speed, and lots of motor work. 20 MPG, 40 PSI, 507 ft/lbs torque
Old 03-11-2011, 08:10 PM

Mein Auto: Honda Civic Si 1999
You would think they would at least use dura-ace for a 'top-quality' bicyle.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I feed trolls

Mein Auto: 3 series
They dont need to, its carbon fiber so physics apply differently. Ask any honda owner

RIP Ben "Jever" Doebele, we wont forget you

Please, call me Chadley

1997 328iS... HR coilovers, Brembo F40 calipers, camber plates, it needs a CUMMINS!!

1990-somethin Chevy K3500... Cummins, cab swap, 5 speed, and lots of motor work. 20 MPG, 40 PSI, 507 ft/lbs torque
Old 03-12-2011, 12:37 AM

Mein Auto: Honda Civic Si 1999
Heh, my carbon fiber frame works perfectly well with dura-ace . will be a bmw owner too in three weeks .
Old 03-12-2011, 12:36 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 525i
bike

If they really wanted to put a BMW name on a bike, to do it right, they should have partnered with a well known high-end european bicycle brand (look, time, bmc, etc) and co-branded a limited edition bike (like bianchi and ducati). that would allow them to charge some premium for the bike and would not look out of place. You'd also need to sell them through selected bike shops that could properly fit you on a bike and service it.

Overall, I doubt they will sell more than a few of these bikes, or that if would do anything to promote / market the brand.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 550i
BMW will put an M badge on anything to make a buck. No one would consider Shimano Ultegra to a M quality Gruppo. This is absurd.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired
Old 03-14-2011, 10:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 328i 6MT Sport
Yuk. I think I'll keep my Colnago C-50 thank you. Italian it may be, but at least it approaches M Car status.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:05 PM
OEM Hoe....

Send a message via AIM to Killjoy
Mein Auto: 1999 M3, 2002 tii
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive by72 View Post
And it doesnt even have disc brakes? I smell a flop in the near future

No road bike has disc brakes.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmy_bimmer View Post
Oh your talking about THAT hole.. yeah thats an inspection hole
Old 03-16-2011, 03:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 328i 6MT Sport
I have a Lemond Poprad cyclocross bike with disc brakes and many MTB of course can come with disc brakes. Not a fan, regardless.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:12 PM
smooth like butter

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i | '14 F15 X5
Are those wheels run flats?
Old 03-18-2011, 03:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5
Why not slap the M badge on everything, they're already doing that with the wanabe M Sport Package. Can't solely judge the bike by the look but Ultegra grouppo is a tell tale sign that the frame is not top shelve. I know the BMW mountain bikes are absolute crap and they sell those hardtails at dealerships for well over $1000!
5-17-08 ED: 2008 535i Deep Sea Blue, cream beige Dakota, bamboo anthracite, Sp pkg, Premium pkg, sport auto trans, iPod USB, park distance ctrl. 2008 335i Convertible Montego Blue, gray Dakota, black poplar, Sp pkg, Premium pkg, paddle shifters, iPod USB, comfort access.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
For what that will probably cost, I'd rather have a BMW bike that truly deserves the M badge - the S1000RR. Even with Lance Armstrong on the Carbon Racer, its not going to keep up with even a G650GS.
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................
Old 03-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Cummon Spring ~ Its Cold!

Mein Auto: 2002 325ci
Where would I hang my fuzzy dice?