Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70Diesel, E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
That's one of the kits I tried; it wasn't bright enough. When I got them and plugged them in at night, I told myself, "this looks nice and bright." Then sun came out and I couldn't actually tell the DRL were on from an off angle.

So far I've tried two cheap solutions. I'm now willing to try an expensive one to see if it really makes a difference.

If it doesn't, I'll go back to my halogens.
You might want to try the 7500k GP Thunder II. They are white and same like your halogens, you can see them during daytime.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Mmmmmm…

Mein Auto: '13 Range Rover S/C
I just got mine this morning. I originally ordered them in white, but saw some pictures of the amber ones and decided to switch to those. And they look stunning!

Front:

Just the left light (right one looks the same):

Side view of the right light:

These are better than any other solutions I've tried, so I am very satisfied with this product. I love the amber and yes it looks pretty good off angle too.
It did flicker a bit on my car, so I decided to enabled the DRL option; that solved the issue.

I'll take some night shots, when nighttime rolls in.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:24 AM

Mein Auto: E60
any reviews on the MTEC V3...are these better than the LUX V3?
Old 05-28-2013, 03:45 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X6M, Jaguar XKR
V4 just arrived in the mailbox, what color do you recommend for a OEM look ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	378971   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	378972  
Old 05-28-2013, 05:26 PM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
V4 review on xoutpost seems exciting. You can change them on the fly!

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
V4 just arrived in the mailbox, what color do you recommend for a OEM look ?
I had V3 on my E90M3 and just installed V4 in my X5M.
I used 6300 setup and it seems very white/oem look without any hint of blue.
Unlike M3, E70X5 has enough space behind the headlight cover so it's pretty easy to change color (no need to take the bulb out, you can take the cover out and reach the color setting box out right away). So if you dont like it, you can change it anytime without any tools.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:29 PM

Mein Auto: X5 3.0
So gentlemen what is the best Angel Eye product hands down for the 2008 E70, seems to be a lot of back and forth but no apparent hands down ruling. I am still new to the forum but there seems to be no definitive agreement here. I want plug and play with no on board errors and brightness. Thanks in advance to all.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoins4 View Post
So gentlemen what is the best Angel Eye product hands down for the 2008 E70, seems to be a lot of back and forth but no apparent hands down ruling. I am still new to the forum but there seems to be no definitive agreement here. I want plug and play with no on board errors and brightness. Thanks in advance to all.

I have the same question as above gentleman, except I want to give the Angel Eye as a gift to my E90 LCI owner cousin. So if the same bright rings apply to other series, I would love to know about them. I don't need different colors, just super bright whites will do just fine.