Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 02-13-2004, 01:37 PM
Timl328i

Mein Auto: 1998 328i
exhaust question

There has been plenty of posts about exhaust questions so I don't want to seem redundant, but I am considering the aatuning gen3 exhaust and the Dinan exhaust. I have looked at the other manufacturers and have not liked the way they look. I am having the Dinan cold air intake installed and the stage two chip they require for the intake, and I figured the exhaust would complete the upgrade. What would be a better compliment to these mods, the aa exhaust or the dinan?
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timl
There has been plenty of posts about exhaust questions so I don't want to seem redundant, but I am considering the aatuning gen3 exhaust and the Dinan exhaust. I have looked at the other manufacturers and have not liked the way they look. I am having the Dinan cold air intake installed and the stage two chip they require for the intake, and I figured the exhaust would complete the upgrade. What would be a better compliment to these mods, the aa exhaust or the dinan?
Firstly, the stage 2 software isn't required for the intake.. that's just the dealership raping you of your money... the software will optimize the intake for the car.. but it is by no means required...

The AA exhaust is definitely the better one.. someone actually did a dyno of before and after with dinan, and they lost hp..... don't forget Supersprint and Remus as well.. they both of the best looking tips in my opinion.. rolled chrome with engraved logo.. but they're also the two quietest exhausts on the market..

however.. if you're getting dinan intake and software,, you might as well complete it with the exhaust and go for the 10 pts and a badge.. otherwise.. if it's not too late.. I'd switch to different brands altogether.. if you like the dinan style intake.. then get the Benfer.. it's about $100 cheaper and it's basically the same.. for software you could go with a shark injector..

but then again, if you want to have a warranty dinan is the way to go.. although, be aware... some dealerships will try to say dinan parts void your warranty.. which is bs.. and some that aren't dinan authorized sellers won't touch your car either.. but just take it to a different dealership