Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:35 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lalid777
Mein Auto: BMW X1 E84
Smile BMW Professional Radio & Harman Kardon

Hello everybody, I am new to this site. Please kindly advise me on the following

1. I ordered the BMW X1 E84 on a special permit issued to me frm the govt. and therefore the CIF Value is very less so i cannot install the Harmon Kardon system but my X1 comes with BMW Professional Radio. Can you advise me how the BMW Professional Radio is and if I should anything else to enhance the sound quality?

2. RFT's: Since I live in a Asian country the possibility of a tire puncture is very high and the service centers for RFT's are only in the capitol. Is there a way to get rid of the RFT's without any sensible damages to the RFT sensors? I am separately ordering the Honeycomb 323's so this is a good opportunity for me to change the RFT on the 18". Please advise if this is possible.

Appreciate your help and advises and I am very excited about the new X1!!
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
The Professional Radio refers to just the radio headunit and the wattage. What will influence the sound quality more is what speakers/sound system is installed. I do not know what sound system is standard in your country. The "Hi-Fi" system with 8-speakers (SA 676) will probably be sufficient for most uses, with the Harmon/Kardon surround one being substantially better.

You may mount non-RF tires on the existing wheels. However, do not mix tires (RF and non-RF). The tire pressure sensors for countries outside the US rely on the ABS sensors, and compare the relative rotation speeds of the 4 wheels. So simply reinitialise/reset the Flat Tire Monitor when adjusting pressures or changing tires.