Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 05-25-2013, 03:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5, 2013 740Li
New owner here, any advice, recommendations or suggestions?

Hello all my name is William and I just purchased the last build slot for the 2013 7series. I ordered a 740 LI alpine white with ivory and nappa leather. So with that being said what advice or recommendations do you guys have for a new owner? My previous car is a 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SSRS tuned with 484hp with 22" Vossen CV-1.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Ads by Google
Old 05-25-2013, 04:22 PM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Tuned Camaro to a 740? If you got the 750 with the Dinan flash it would out perform your Camaro.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Wardaddy in retirement

Mein Auto: f01 750i
Going to be quite a step-down from a tuned camaro to a 740i, it's not exactly the most powerful engine. Did you keep the vossens? They might fit the f01.

Btw I see you're in Germany as well, military?

Old 05-25-2013, 10:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5, 2013 740Li
New owner here, any advice, recommendations or suggestions?

@beamlord yes I have my vossens but I'm selling them. As I am done with the rim stage. (I think)???? As for the military no just working here doing contracting.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 740Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali25 View Post
@beamlord yes I have my vossens but I'm selling them. As I am done with the rim stage. (I think)???? As for the military no just working here doing contracting.

Fellow contractor here. Nice choice in cars by the way. Only thing I regret is not getting the BnO sound system but Ive heard mixed reviews on it. Just curious, when you went to look at the cars did you get a chance to listen to the stereo system? I have the premium and Im curious if its any good?
I think the tint is the way to go. I didnt know you couldnt tint the front windows in Germany. When I was there I had front tint and never got stopped for it but it was about 35% so it wasnt that dark. I plan on tinting the 7 when it gets here as well. Actually, I plan on having it done there before they ship it to me.

Last edited by ajdoha234; 05-25-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:52 AM
Wardaddy in retirement

Mein Auto: f01 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdoha234 View Post
Fellow contractor here. Nice choice in cars by the way. Only thing I regret is not getting the BnO sound system but Ive heard mixed reviews on it. Just curious, when you went to look at the cars did you get a chance to listen to the stereo system? I have the premium and Im curious if its any good?
I think the tint is the way to go. I didnt know you couldnt tint the front windows in Germany. When I was there I had front tint and never got stopped for it but it was about 35% so it wasnt that dark. I plan on tinting the 7 when it gets here as well. Actually, I plan on having it done there before they ship it to me.

Maybe you got lucky didn't drive around much. It's absolutely forbidden to have tinted (foil) front windows and if they pull you over you not only pay the fine (around 100 euro) but also can't drive the car anymore until you either pull the tint off or have the car towed.