Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-10-2010, 09:11 PM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
AzNMpower32 AzNMpower32 is offline
Tar Heel Faithful
Location: WNC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,991
Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Wink Some Pictures Courtesy of Others

Someone from my other forum based in Germany snapped a couple pics of the X3s on display at the BMW Welt in München. Props to them for getting so many pics out.

http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/f25-...203576687.html

Here's a lot more later in that thread from the Paris Auto Show

http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/f25-...203579548.html

I'm not feeling the wood trims. If I were to buy an X3, I'd just stick with the standard matte silver (plastic) trim or get the aluminium if I splurge.

Last edited by AzNMpower32; 10-10-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 10-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Huey52 Huey52 is offline
Registered User
Location: Massachusetts
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: X3 (in 2011)
Very nice. Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2010, 10:02 AM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Thanks for the picks.

I agree I don't like the wood trim. You say splurge for Aluminum. I think they are the same price. Frankly, from the configurator, I am having trouble telling the difference between that and the Silver.

I really like this new Mineral Silver color.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-11-2010, 04:56 PM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
AzNMpower32 AzNMpower32 is offline
Tar Heel Faithful
Location: WNC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,991
Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
Thanks for the picks.

I agree I don't like the wood trim. You say splurge for Aluminum. I think they are the same price. Frankly, from the configurator, I am having trouble telling the difference between that and the Silver.

I really like this new Mineral Silver color.
In Germany, Matte Silver (plastic) is standard. The wood trims and real aluminium are an upcharge item. I think the aluminium usually runs €320 and the wood is closer to €500.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-2010, 05:18 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
In Germany, Matte Silver (plastic) is standard. The wood trims and real aluminium are an upcharge item. I think the aluminium usually runs €320 and the wood is closer to €500.
Oh...I see. I guess Aluminum is the way to go. lol

I never thought aluminum was expensive because when I got my car I wanted it but they said I could not get it with the premium package. I HAD to select wood. lol They called me back later to make me choose dark or light wood.

I think in the US, all of that is included in the Premium Package and I would guess most would choose te premium package.

That's for letting me know the Silver is plastic. It looks really good on the website. lol

Have you heard anything about the type of Rear Entertainment system that will be offered?

Last edited by X3forlife; 10-11-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-14-2010, 05:54 AM
cubed cubed is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: bronx, ny
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 659
Mein Auto: 2010 X3, 2008 MT X3
that rear defogger treatment is interesting. Never seen it in a circular pattern. Leaves the outer upper corners of the back window fogged, no?

Generally like the car. Dont like the dashboard that is broken into two sections. Over stylized blather to my eye. Much prefer the pop up screen out of the clean flow from the drivers binnacle to the passenger side.

I too would prefer aluminum than either of the wood inlays that were pictured. Also would like to see a stick shift.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-14-2010, 03:42 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubed View Post
that rear defogger treatment is interesting. Never seen it in a circular pattern. Leaves the outer upper corners of the back window fogged, no?

Generally like the car. Dont like the dashboard that is broken into two sections. Over stylized blather to my eye. Much prefer the pop up screen out of the clean flow from the drivers binnacle to the passenger side.

I too would prefer aluminum than either of the wood inlays that were pictured. Also would like to see a stick shift.
I'm not sure why they are still making stick but those of you who drive it say they are fun to drive. lol It it like making black and white TV. lol

I never thought of it as a defogger. I think it is more of a defroster. It is good enough since it will melt the snow and once that part gets warm, the part above it will likely fall down and off. It is clearing the same range that the wiper would clear.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-22-2010, 09:03 AM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
AzNMpower32 AzNMpower32 is offline
Tar Heel Faithful
Location: WNC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,991
Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Here's some more flowing in. The dealership BMW Berlin has three that are photographed here.

http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/bide...203603811.html
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-22-2010, 10:51 AM
06BMWX3 06BMWX3 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Chicoutimi, Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 273
Mein Auto: BMW X3
The more it goes, the more I want the new X3, I really like what I see. Interior fit and finish seems to be top notch!!

I also like the Diesel oval exaust tip, very nice.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-22-2010, 03:00 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
Here's some more flowing in. The dealership BMW Berlin has three that are photographed here.

http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/bide...203603811.html
Thanks

It's a great car.

I still don't like the wood. I think all black interior with Aluminum trim is the way to go.

The Mineral Silver still looks nice.

I had never noticed the orange in the tail lights before.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-22-2010, 04:17 PM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
AzNMpower32 AzNMpower32 is offline
Tar Heel Faithful
Location: WNC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,991
Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
I had never noticed the orange in the tail lights before.
Don't expect this in North America. BMW cuts cost a bit by not using an orange lens here. If one wants to be different and unique, simply swap out the taillight assembly like I did for our E90. It's the easiest mod I've ever done.

Blinkers must be orange at all positions (front, side, rear) in the EU. There's a slight safety benefit to this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0078.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	251442  
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-22-2010, 11:49 PM
JetBlack5OC JetBlack5OC is offline
Registered User
Location: Arizona
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: E60
Any pics of the Mojave Leather listed on the option sheet?

Also any pics of the non-xenon headlights?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-23-2010, 07:19 AM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
AzNMpower32 AzNMpower32 is offline
Tar Heel Faithful
Location: WNC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,991
Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
Any pics of the Mojave Leather listed on the option sheet?

Also any pics of the non-xenon headlights?
I recommend you visit either the www.bmw.co.uk or www.bmw.de websites and use the Configurator or Build Your Own tools.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-23-2010, 06:53 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
Don't expect this in North America. BMW cuts cost a bit by not using an orange lens here. If one wants to be different and unique, simply swap out the taillight assembly like I did for our E90. It's the easiest mod I've ever done.

Blinkers must be orange at all positions (front, side, rear) in the EU. There's a slight safety benefit to this.
After I typed that I thought about different requirements for different countries. The US probably requires red just like other countries require orange.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-23-2010, 06:59 PM
jagass jagass is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: new jersey
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 209
Mein Auto: civic
Thanks for the share man. It's nice...
__________________
Music is my LIFE!!!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-23-2010, 07:50 PM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
AzNMpower32 AzNMpower32 is offline
Tar Heel Faithful
Location: WNC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,991
Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
After I typed that I thought about different requirements for different countries. The US probably requires red just like other countries require orange.
US doesn't require red (and what colour are your indicators on your X3 ), but it's an easy way to cut costs by either not needing a separate lens in the assembly, or in many cars, not needing an extra bulb or two.
__________________
Current Ø consumption: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-23-2010, 10:39 PM
JetBlack5OC JetBlack5OC is offline
Registered User
Location: Arizona
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: E60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
I recommend you visit either the www.bmw.co.uk or www.bmw.de websites and use the Configurator or Build Your Own tools.
It is hard to tell from the configurator. Will the non-xenon headlights have angel eyes?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-24-2010, 07:36 AM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
AzNMpower32 AzNMpower32 is offline
Tar Heel Faithful
Location: WNC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,991
Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
It is hard to tell from the configurator. Will the non-xenon headlights have angel eyes?
Doesn't look like it.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-24-2010, 09:19 AM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
US doesn't require red (and what colour are your indicators on your X3 ), but it's an easy way to cut costs by either not needing a separate lens in the assembly, or in many cars, not needing an extra bulb or two.
kk thanks
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-25-2010, 07:51 AM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
AzNMpower32 AzNMpower32 is offline
Tar Heel Faithful
Location: WNC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,991
Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
From the same thread, another person visited the showroom and took his pics:

http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/bide...203607747.html

I like that cloth interior with aluminium trim. Pic #1-3 will be the most common car you see on US dealer lots
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-25-2010, 03:00 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
From the same thread, another person visited the showroom and took his pics:

http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/bide...203607747.html

I like that cloth interior with aluminium trim. Pic #1-3 will be the most common car you see on US dealer lots
Cool.

I agree with the interior...aluminum is the way to go. Just keep in mind how things have changed. When I wanted Aluminum with my current X3, they told me i could not get it with the premium package. I was FORCED to choose wood. I had placed my order and they called back later.

That space gray looks pretty good too. Hmmm...I guess what I love is all the reflection. I need to find out what kind of wax they are using to great that reflective shine. All I know is the Titanium silver does not shine like that.

You seem to know everything Az. How does one create that shine and reflection?

Last edited by X3forlife; 10-25-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Evlengr's Avatar
Evlengr Evlengr is offline
Ukemi - that's how I roll
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,252
Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
I'm not sure why they are still making stick but those of you who drive it say they are fun to drive. lol It it like making black and white TV. lol
No it's like being able to make proper adjustsment to the TV or sound system when they are not the way you like them.

You seem to like attributing a lot of things to this "old school" mentality.
__________________
2013 S4 Loaded (and NO RFT's) Awesome is an understatement
2008 MT X3 RIP you were a faithful sidekick and will be missed.
2007 AT X3 RIPOS
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-25-2010, 10:39 AM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
AzNMpower32 AzNMpower32 is offline
Tar Heel Faithful
Location: WNC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,991
Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
There's now a steady trickle of folks in Germany taking delivery of their X3s.

This xDrive20d one is Mineral Silver and Havanna leather plus aluminium trim interior.

http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/ich-...203683778.html
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-25-2010, 07:29 PM
06BMWX3 06BMWX3 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Chicoutimi, Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 273
Mein Auto: BMW X3
Very nice, I really like the F25
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Cactus Cactus is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Tacoma, WA
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 323
Send a message via ICQ to Cactus
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 2.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
That space gray looks pretty good too. Hmmm...I guess what I love is all the reflection. I need to find out what kind of wax they are using to great that reflective shine. All I know is the Titanium silver does not shine like that.

You seem to know everything Az. How does one create that shine and reflection?
Darker colors will always appear more reflective than lighter colors.

They get that shine because its a new paint that hasn't been damaged by car washes. Older finishes can shine just as much by polishing out all of the micro scratching that accumulates over time. It doesn't have much to do with the wax used, it's 95% in the polishing prior to waxing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms