Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 03-22-2011, 08:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 28i
Unhappy Gas Gauge Problems

Has anyone else had problems with the gas gauge reading half full after filling up? The delivery of our x3 was delayed almost week because the dealer said there was problem with the gas gauge that had to be fixed. When I filled the tank for the first time, the gauge read half full until I drove for about 20 miles, then it read full. The dealer had it for another week (had to order a part from Germany) and said it was fixed. However when my wife went to fill up the other day, the gas gauge read half full. Our X3 was already serviced for a CEL and a sensor had to replaced. Not looking good so far.
Ads by Google
Old 03-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Fountainhead

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Damn! Seems like the big issue with early builds is going to be sensors. I've been lucky so far (knock on wood).
Old 03-25-2011, 08:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 X3, 2010 328xi coupe
I've had that problem on my '08. Only happens sporadically, but annoying nonetheless.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 X3 3.0si
Happens on my '08 everytime I squeeze a bit more in after the pump autostops.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 28i & 2013 328iX
I asked the dealership about the other common problem whcih was the Oil Sensor Malfunction the other day and the Service Manager replied (and admited at the same time) that that issue was on the earlier productions and that has been elevated on the newer productions...
I imagine, this issue is not as current as the other one, but probably should keep an eye on this one... the chances are that the guy who was fixing the Oil sensor has tripped on the Gas Gauge production line now... ;-)