Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35I Premium
Brush guard availability

When I placed the order for my X5, I asked my salesman if a brush guard was available for the '12 model. He walked me to the parts counter and the attendant took out a 2011 catalog, found one and said "it's $595.00 plus labor, takes two days for delivery, no problem".

I placed an order and my X5 arrived Friday. I had asked the guy on Tuesday to order the guard to have ready by then, since I was going to pick it up Saturday (yesterday). My wife threw me a surprise birthday party this weekend and guests started arriving Friday. I called the salesman and said to him to install the guard with no rush since I would be picking it up this coming Friday instead.

He said the guard wasn't available. I said I saw the catalog with the piece by myself and also along with him. He said a parts guy would call me right away. He did. The rude dumbass yelled at me that since the body style changed from E70 to E70something else, there was no guard available that would fit it. I could call BMW if I wanted, there was no guard and that was that. No ****ty aftermarket parts would be installed at the dealer either.

I complained to the salesman, he apologized and said the parts manager would call me on Monday morning.

Does anybody know for a fact if there is an available OEM brush guard for the 2012 X5 35i?
Ads by Google
Old 06-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Why do people make decisions on the words that come out of the (lying) CAs' mouths?

If this was important to you, put it in writing- add it to the sales order as a 'option to be installed by the dealer'... had you done this, you could be sure the dealership would have made sure it was available... the sales guy and the parts guy knew they were lying to you and knew they were not going to be held to their verbal assurances.

The sales guy is laughing at you...he has made his money, he will simply now direct you to the parts department and they will frustrate you until you give up...the Parts manager will just jerk you around, promise you to check and see when it might be available, blah, blah, blah...

Welcome to sales.

A
Old 06-12-2011, 02:30 PM

It's not over yet...
Old 06-15-2011, 03:59 AM

The parts manager called and said that the brush guard really doesn't exist for the '11 and '12 models and that they're working on a replacement.

I'm taking delivery on Friday as is.