Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by slevit1 View Post
They go from body shop to paint shop to assembly. If you go to the BMW factory webpage, you can watch a video of each of these 3 steps. While you're waiting for your car, particularly if it's currently being produced, they're pretty neat to watch.

http://www.bmwusfactory.com/manufact...ess/body-shop/

Each of these steps takes a day...they happened in 3 consecutive days for me. However, the phone system, although more accurate than the tracking website, is not always entirely accurate. On Thursday, the website said my car was in the paint shop, with estimated completion date of 4/1. When I called yesterday to see if it was in final assembly, it said it was still in the paint shop with estimated completion on 4/2. However, it was actually in Assembly, and it was completed yesterday. My CA just called me this morning to inform me that it's at the preparation center and should be delivered to the dealership this Wednesday!!

When I ordered the car on 3/5, I was told that production would begin this week, and it would be ready sometime late April / early May. Turns out, I'll be driving it by next weekend. I'm very happy that it happened a month early, but still seems like it's been forever!
Thanks for sharing the info and congrats on your new X5 I called BMW NA today to follow up on my order and was told my X5's assembly was completed yesterday. But they were not able to give me the date that they will ship it to California... Cannot wait to pickup mine

Cheers!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 5.0
Check the below post:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=532405
Old 04-06-2011, 07:21 AM

Edmunds now shows the invoice price and some of the available options:
http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/x5/2012/
Old 04-06-2011, 10:03 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by john mclane View Post
Well, that's unfortunate. Have you heard anything more from your dealer about timing of delivery?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:35 AM

Nope. The guy is useless...
Old 04-06-2011, 12:29 PM

Mein Auto: Mitsubishi Evolution
2012 future owner checking in. I ordered mine last night, and now all I can do is keep going to BMW's site to check the progress of the build. CA said I should get mine in roughly 5 weeks.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 330ci 2012 x5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacent View Post
2012 future owner checking in. I ordered mine last night, and now all I can do is keep going to BMW's site to check the progress of the build. CA said I should get mine in roughly 5 weeks.
Ordered mine 3/15/11 still no confirmed production date Its driving me insane..... Good luck.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:51 PM

Mein Auto: X5
Yep, the MY 2012 X5's currently held up for EPA approval. And mine is for California so there is also CARB approval required. BMWNA will not release the cars until all the proper approvals are in place.

I ordered mine on 3/14 and it has been completed for several days now...it's just waiting.

The latest update from the productions status number said "Your vehicle was released to a carrier and is awaiting transportation to the port of exit"

Since I've requested for a Performance Center Delivery this would mean it's waiting to get trucked from the factory to the Performance Center 3 miles down the street! As soon as I get a reservation date it means the MY 2012 X5's are released and I'll post an update.

My CA, Philippe Kahn at Southbay BMW, is really cool, he would forward me these email updates on the car status from BMW to keep me informed. Having a good CA makes the car buying experience painless and enjoyable.
5-17-08 ED: 2008 535i Deep Sea Blue, cream beige Dakota, bamboo anthracite, Sp pkg, Premium pkg, sport auto trans, iPod USB, park distance ctrl. 2008 335i Convertible Montego Blue, gray Dakota, black poplar, Sp pkg, Premium pkg, paddle shifters, iPod USB, comfort access.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:21 PM

Mein Auto: BMW x5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahimanic View Post
Yep, the MY 2012 X5's currently held up for EPA approval. And mine is for California so there is also CARB approval required. BMWNA will not release the cars until all the proper approvals are in place.

I ordered mine on 3/14 and it has been completed for several days now...it's just waiting.

The latest update from the productions status number said "Your vehicle was released to a carrier and is awaiting transportation to the port of exit"

Since I've requested for a Performance Center Delivery this would mean it's waiting to get trucked from the factory to the Performance Center 3 miles down the street! As soon as I get a reservation date it means the MY 2012 X5's are released and I'll post an update.

My CA, Philippe Kahn at Southbay BMW, is really cool, he would forward me these email updates on the car status from BMW to keep me informed. Having a good CA makes the car buying experience painless and enjoyable.
My CA has been fantastic as well, which does make a big difference. In the email, he told me they were expecting approval at the beginning of the coming week. Just wondering if you might have heard anything different?

Why is EPA approval taking so long for a car that is essentially exactly the same as last year? LED halo lights can't make that much of a difference!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 Premium
Quote:
My CA is so lazy that didn't bother to check my X5's production status and kept telling me that my X5 won't go to production til mid May!!! I HAD to check status myself and find out my X5's production is already completed and is sitting at preparation center!!!

However, I think his laziness helped me to get a better deal from him ($800 over invoice for a premium 3.5 with Conv/tech/cold/PremSound pkgs)!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slevit1 View Post
My CA has been fantastic as well, which does make a big difference. In the email, he told me they were expecting approval at the beginning of the coming week. Just wondering if you might have heard anything different?

Why is EPA approval taking so long for a car that is essentially exactly the same as last year? LED halo lights can't make that much of a difference!

The EPA must be having a tough time verifying the claim that the base stereo has been upgraded to hi-fi and it is now actually decent

No, I haven't heard to the contrary since I didn't really ask when the approval will come out. I did ask when will my reservation come out and PC told me mid to late April so that is kind of in line with your date.
5-17-08 ED: 2008 535i Deep Sea Blue, cream beige Dakota, bamboo anthracite, Sp pkg, Premium pkg, sport auto trans, iPod USB, park distance ctrl. 2008 335i Convertible Montego Blue, gray Dakota, black poplar, Sp pkg, Premium pkg, paddle shifters, iPod USB, comfort access.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:23 PM

Yes, some CA's are terrible. Another CA/dealer, New Century BMW, I went to didn't know how to do a Performance Center Delivery so I took the initiative to write the PC and asked for instructions. PC sent me an email with screen shots on how the dealer should log in to the website and click on certain things to request for a PCD.

I forwarded the instructions to New Century BMW and they sat on it for a week claiming it's too difficult and they need more time to figure it out. They kept telling me "tomorrow" for a week all the while tried to convince me PCD is not worth doing. I later found out they never even looked into the instructions in my email! There are only 2 forms to fill out!

Finally I was fed up and told him he can keep the car that I ordered and went to Southbay BMW and made the deal in one email, then ordered the car and scheduled for PCD with the next email. What a difference a good CA makes!

That lazy CA's loss is my gain, because I originally ordered a 2011 X5 35d in Feb but while he dragged his knuckes the 2012 came out so I ended up ordering the new Premium 35i from Southbay BMW that had a 2012 allocation that opened up. That first CA never canceled my order either, I'm still tracking it and I can see the 2011 35d has arrived in his lot.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:

Same here. So much for being built early....
Old 04-07-2011, 08:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 ordered
Our 2012 X5 started build on 03/31 and finished prodution yesterday 04/06, it's in the released to carrier state as well.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamipanther View Post
Our 2012 X5 started build on 03/31 and finished prodution yesterday 04/06, it's in the released to carrier state as well.
Same dates here as well...
Old 04-07-2011, 09:15 AM

Mein Auto: X5M
Just called BMW to check the status on mine. Yesterday(4/6) they said it was at the prep center and today (4/7) they said the carrier picked it up monday (4/4), online it still says it's at the prep center.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:20 AM

Online takes time to update, phone I believe to be quicker
Old 04-07-2011, 11:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 330ci 2012 x5
Went into production today!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:40 PM

Mein Auto: Mitsubishi Evolution
Did anyone here order the aero kit with their 2012? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this kit here, and want to verify that this kit will indeed fit on the 2012:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-X...Q5fAccessories

Part number: 51192182825
Old 04-08-2011, 07:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 ordered
Our prdoction status made a progress: "Your vehicle is at the port waiting for a shipping vessel, there is no shipping information avaliable at this time"
Old 04-08-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamipanther View Post
Our prdoction status made a progress: "Your vehicle is at the port waiting for a shipping vessel, there is no shipping information avaliable at this time"
Well, that's good, I suppose. My still says it has been released to a carrier, etc.

I wonder what impact, if any, the government shutdown will have on delivering our X5s.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:08 PM

Although mine says the same, according to the ca, it should be here tomorrow or Monday ....
Apparently there's. Big gap between the phone info and the reality
On autotrader there are a lot of 2012 listed, just this week
Old 04-08-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Although mine says the same, according to the ca, it should be here tomorrow or Monday ....
Apparently there's. Big gap between the phone info and the reality
On autotrader there are a lot of 2012 listed, just this week
Not sure how yours would be delivered tomorrow, or there could be any on autotrader, since BMW hasn't released any of them yet?
Old 04-08-2011, 05:16 PM

The ca told me the truck left Georgia on the 4th and is making stop eversince, should be here tomorrow or Monday. He also told me about another 50 that was ordered at the same time and was delivered yesterday...
Regarding autotrader, check it yourself. A lot of times they announce cars they don't have it yet, which could be the case
Old 04-08-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
The ca told me the truck left Georgia on the 4th and is making stop eversince, should be here tomorrow or Monday. He also told me about another 50 that was ordered at the same time and was delivered yesterday...
Regarding autotrader, check it yourself. A lot of times they announce cars they don't have it yet, which could be the case
I hope you're right...maybe it means mine will be on its way shortly as well. Could be because you've got a 50.