Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #176  
Old 04-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Danwilz Danwilz is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: 2004 330ci 2012 x5
Quote:
Originally Posted by john mclane View Post
late response...
Yes I was. Mine is still in the same status in the web...
Thanx. BTW check out Xoutpost way better than this place shhhhhhh!
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 04-16-2011, 11:50 PM
ANZAC_1915 ANZAC_1915 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: WA
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 569
Mein Auto: 12 X5 35i SA + various
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamipanther View Post
When was your production finished, when it's one the train, and how long to CA?
Ours finished production 3/31 or 4/1 I think.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 04-18-2011, 10:04 AM
t562 t562 is offline
Registered User
Location: New Hope, PA
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: X5 Premium
My 2012 X5 is ready for pickup. I will pickup that later today. It's been a long wait. Completed production on 3/31.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 04-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Roswell's Avatar
Roswell Roswell is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: God's Country, NY
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35i
My CA says it will be available for pick-up Wednesday or Thursday... phone production status has not changed.

Will believe it when I see it.
__________________
The secret to wealth: Don't get married, don't have kids and don't buy $4000 per night hookers...

2012 X5 35i in Platinum Bronze Metallic with black leather and light poplar
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 04-18-2011, 01:12 PM
slevit1 slevit1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Crownsville, MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: BMW x5 35i Premium
My CA says it still shows dealer delivery today, but no sign of it yet. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. Phone and Internet status haven't changed. The wait continues...
Reply With Quote
  #181  
Old 04-18-2011, 01:41 PM
19us 19us is offline
tmyers924
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 40
Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by t562 View Post
My 2012 X5 is ready for pickup. I will pickup that later today. It's been a long wait. Completed production on 3/31.
Noticed you're from New Hope....do you mind sharing what dealer you got your X5 from? I'm located not too far from you and would be curious who you used -
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 04-18-2011, 02:43 PM
ElDuderino ElDuderino is offline
Registered User
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
Mein Auto: BMW 335i
My CA is still telling me I haven't been assigned a truck. But somehow he thinks it'll be here by Thursday or Friday (which I assume is just a wild ass guess).

Completed production on 3/31. Absolutely ridiculous that it takes 3 weeks to ship a car after it has completed production.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 04-18-2011, 09:19 PM
t562 t562 is offline
Registered User
Location: New Hope, PA
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: X5 Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19us View Post
Noticed you're from New Hope....do you mind sharing what dealer you got your X5 from? I'm located not too far from you and would be curious who you used -
I got it from Orange County BMW in Harriman, NY. I drove it home few minutes ago!
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:27 AM
Stito335 Stito335 is offline
Registered User
Location: NY
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 41
Mein Auto: X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by t562 View Post
I got it from Orange County BMW in Harriman, NY. I drove it home few minutes ago!
I'm in NY too and still no sign of mine, it was finished on 4/1.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 04-19-2011, 06:00 AM
Danwilz Danwilz is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: 2004 330ci 2012 x5
O.K so today is my delivery date my CA gave me and I,m in N.Y. So who thinks I will get a phone call that it's in? I seriously doubt it
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 04-19-2011, 06:24 AM
john mclane john mclane is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Truckland, TX
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 284
Mein Auto: X5 5.0
Pictures on the upcoming rides....

New to me is lock/unlock doors and localize the car remotely using the iphone. Simple but neat. Perhaps in the future the X5 will do like the 5 and 7 series, including the remote activation of the ventilation (not AC), (which you can program anyway on the idrive)
Pretty neat that it takes about one minute between punching a command online and the car execute it
__________________
X5 5.0 MY12, M package, black sapphire
650i vert, MY12, Blue/ivory, to be modded soon...
Gone: 997.2 modded, 987s (not forgotten ), MB C55 amg, Passat W8, Cayenne MY 08

Last edited by john mclane; 04-19-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 04-19-2011, 06:41 AM
slevit1 slevit1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Crownsville, MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: BMW x5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danwilz View Post
O.K so today is my delivery date my CA gave me and I,m in N.Y. So who thinks I will get a phone call that it's in? I seriously doubt it
My CA said it was supposed to be there yesterday. It wasn't. Hoping for today.
There have been quite a few days that I've been told I'd get the car that have come and go.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 04-19-2011, 08:07 AM
wng10 wng10 is offline
Registered User
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 2102 X5 5.0I
Quote:
Originally Posted by john mclane View Post
Pictures on the upcoming rides....

New to me is lock/unlock doors and localize the car remotely using the iphone. Simple but neat. Perhaps in the future the X5 will do like the 5 and 7 series, including the remote activation of the AC, (which you can program anyway)
Pretty neat that it takes about one minute between punching a command online and the car execute it
If you would mind letting me know how you made it work I have the BMW APP on my iphone and tried to connect via the Y-cable and it would fail, cannot connect. Do I need the snap in module?

TIA
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 04-19-2011, 08:13 AM
john mclane john mclane is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Truckland, TX
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 284
Mein Auto: X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wng10 View Post
If you would mind letting me know how you made it work I have the BMW APP on my iphone and tried to connect via the Y-cable and it would fail, cannot connect. Do I need the snap in module?

TIA
I had the same problem. It only worked once the navigation was ready to go (entered the code) and trying different cables. The one that seems to work better was the original iphone cable. I don't have the snap in module because the media module is only available for 3GS, not 4 at this time. The snap in module for iphone 4 it's phone only, no other connection.
I hope that helps.
__________________
X5 5.0 MY12, M package, black sapphire
650i vert, MY12, Blue/ivory, to be modded soon...
Gone: 997.2 modded, 987s (not forgotten ), MB C55 amg, Passat W8, Cayenne MY 08
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 04-19-2011, 09:26 AM
ElDuderino ElDuderino is offline
Registered User
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
Mein Auto: BMW 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by john mclane View Post
Pictures on the upcoming rides....

New to me is lock/unlock doors and localize the car remotely using the iphone. Simple but neat. Perhaps in the future the X5 will do like the 5 and 7 series, including the remote activation of the AC, (which you can program anyway)
Pretty neat that it takes about one minute between punching a command online and the car execute it
Does this require BMW Apps installed on the X5?
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 04-19-2011, 09:31 AM
john mclane john mclane is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Truckland, TX
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 284
Mein Auto: X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Does this require BMW Apps installed on the X5?
I don't think so, as I do it remotely and the BMW apps is a wired application. It needs BMW online/assist subscription and My BMW remote app.
__________________
X5 5.0 MY12, M package, black sapphire
650i vert, MY12, Blue/ivory, to be modded soon...
Gone: 997.2 modded, 987s (not forgotten ), MB C55 amg, Passat W8, Cayenne MY 08
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 04-19-2011, 09:47 AM
quackbury's Avatar
quackbury quackbury is offline
///Monkeyazz Duck
Location: Not In Kansas Any More
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,278
Mein Auto: 535iX M Sport; 328i Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by john mclane View Post
Pictures on the upcoming rides....

New to me is lock/unlock doors and localize the car remotely using the iphone. Simple but neat. Perhaps in the future the X5 will do like the 5 and 7 series, including the remote activation of the AC, (which you can program anyway)
Pretty neat that it takes about one minute between punching a command online and the car execute it
Is it really the A/C? Or just Parked Car Ventilation (which you can program through iDrive). I would think that you would need the compressor running for A/C, which would in turn require the motor running. Not sure I'd like that unless there was some absolute fool-proof and hack-proof way to keep the car from being broken into and driven off while the motor was running?
__________________


Current BMW's:
2014 328i Sport Wagon, Glacier / Black, ZSL, ZD2, ZD3, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, and H-K
2011 535xi M Sport TiAg / Black, ZPP, ZP2, ZCV, ZCW, ZDA, 2TB, 6NR, 465, 5DL, and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Prior BMW's
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Sport
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 04-19-2011, 09:54 AM
john mclane john mclane is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Truckland, TX
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 284
Mein Auto: X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
Is it really the A/C? Or just Parked Car Ventilation (which you can program through iDrive). I would think that you would need the compressor running for A/C, which would in turn require the motor running. Not sure I'd like that unless there was some absolute fool-proof and hack-proof way to keep the car from being broken into and driven off while the motor was running?
You're correct, it's the vent. Anyhow, not available for X5 remotely...
__________________
X5 5.0 MY12, M package, black sapphire
650i vert, MY12, Blue/ivory, to be modded soon...
Gone: 997.2 modded, 987s (not forgotten ), MB C55 amg, Passat W8, Cayenne MY 08
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 04-19-2011, 10:07 AM
wng10 wng10 is offline
Registered User
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 2102 X5 5.0I
Quote:
Originally Posted by john mclane View Post
I had the same problem. It only worked once the navigation was ready to go (entered the code) and trying different cables. The one that seems to work better was the original iphone cable. I don't have the snap in module because the media module is only available for 3GS, not 4 at this time. The snap in module for iphone 4 it's phone only, no other connection.
I hope that helps.
Thanks for the response, not sure what you mean by "(entered the code)" I tried several cables and none worked. I downloaded the "BMW Connected" app form the US iTunes store. I see several post about getting the one from the UK store. Which app are you using?

I read the instructions that accompany the app and it states that the correct Y-cable can be "identified by four metal rings on the plug (possibly display a small picture illustrating the jack plug with the 4 metal rings" - not sure if we need a "new" cable, all the cables I have do not anything like this... maybe BMW is coming out with a new cable for this.

My CA is trying to get me more info on this feature, it seems a shame that they would come out with this and not have any info or support on how to use it.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 04-19-2011, 10:29 AM
slevit1 slevit1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Crownsville, MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: BMW x5 35i Premium
I'm now getting used to days that the car is supposed to arrive coming and going. I'm not sure I know what I'm going to do with myself when it actually does arrive. I'm beginning to think it fell off the back of the truck and they just don't want to tell me yet.

CA is now just saying the carrier has a big backlog of cars from the hold, so who knows when it will show up.

Last edited by slevit1; 04-19-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 04-19-2011, 10:45 AM
john mclane john mclane is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Truckland, TX
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 284
Mein Auto: X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wng10 View Post
Thanks for the response, not sure what you mean by "(entered the code)" I tried several cables and none worked. I downloaded the "BMW Connected" app form the US iTunes store. I see several post about getting the one from the UK store. Which app are you using?

I read the instructions that accompany the app and it states that the correct Y-cable can be "identified by four metal rings on the plug (possibly display a small picture illustrating the jack plug with the 4 metal rings" - not sure if we need a "new" cable, all the cables I have do not anything like this... maybe BMW is coming out with a new cable for this.

My CA is trying to get me more info on this feature, it seems a shame that they would come out with this and not have any info or support on how to use it.
The code is to unlock the navigation. Most cars come unlocked from factory, mine didn't and I had to enter a code a day after.

I'm using the connected app from the US store and the remote app from the UK store.

I also did not buy any new cable, tried the one I already had until it worked.
__________________
X5 5.0 MY12, M package, black sapphire
650i vert, MY12, Blue/ivory, to be modded soon...
Gone: 997.2 modded, 987s (not forgotten ), MB C55 amg, Passat W8, Cayenne MY 08
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 04-19-2011, 11:32 AM
ElDuderino ElDuderino is offline
Registered User
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
Mein Auto: BMW 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by john mclane View Post
I don't think so, as I do it remotely and the BMW apps is a wired application. It needs BMW online/assist subscription and My BMW remote app.
Wow, sweet.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 04-20-2011, 06:54 AM
slevit1 slevit1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Crownsville, MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: BMW x5 35i Premium
My X5 has finally arrived at the dealer! Not sure if it's gonna be ready today or tomorrow, but at least it's here!!! Pictures to follow...
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 AM
ElDuderino ElDuderino is offline
Registered User
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
Mein Auto: BMW 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by slevit1 View Post
My X5 has finally arrived at the dealer! Not sure if it's gonna be ready today or tomorrow, but at least it's here!!! Pictures to follow...
Congrats! Look forward to the pictures.

Still no word here. Tomorrow will be 3 full weeks since production was completed. This is turning from frustration to anger.

Last edited by ElDuderino; 04-20-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 04-20-2011, 08:58 AM
slevit1 slevit1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Crownsville, MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: BMW x5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Congrats! Look forward to the pictures.

Still no word here. Tomorrow will be 3 full weeks since production was completed. This is turning from frustration to anger.
I'm with you. If the car is not ready today, especially since it got there early, I'm not going to be happy. They know I've been waiting weeks and they've continually pushed the date back, so they can at least get it ready today.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms