Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-22-2011, 09:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen E View Post
Was the event yesterday in kalamazoo? If so, I ran that event for BMW....both our cars had dynamic handling...look for more fun in the future, glad you liked it!
I live in Grand Rapids. How do I find out about the future fun?
Old 04-23-2011, 05:21 AM

Mein Auto: E90/E91
This is great. My dealer never informed me that such an event was taking place. I did happen to find out at the last minute, after it was impossible to plan to attend. Meanwhile I ordered an X3 and now feel like I've been ripped off out of a nice accessories certificate. I will just make sure that I never buy accessories through my dealership. I may have to pay full retail for them but someone else can make the profit.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:05 AM
Retired

Mein Auto: 12 z & 09 Accord Coupe
It was the complete option of the dealer to do the event or not. The next event will be sometime this summer and feature the new 650i. The majority of dealers did the event, but some did not. If he did not do the event, it's could be there were other circumstances involved as to why he did not do it. Some dealers wanted to have it on a certain day, that logistics could not support. Others had construction, etc going on that did not lend itself to enuf space, etc...

Last edited by Glen E; 04-23-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen E View Post
It was the complete option of the dealer to do the event or not. The next event will be sometime this summer and feature the new 650i. The majority of dealers did the event, but some did not. If he did not do the vent, it's could be there were other circumstances involved as to why he did not do it. Some dealers wanted to have it on a certain day that logistics could not support.
They did do the event, I just wasn't invited. I've only bought 5 BMWs there, I guess you have to hit 10 before you're on their minds. I'll be sure to buy all my accessories on eBay.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:11 AM
Retired

Mein Auto: 12 z & 09 Accord Coupe
It's worth mentioning to the BMW sales manager to see if there is anything he can do. He knows that proper procedure for inquiring about this.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:30 AM

Appreciate it Glen. I'll keep my expectations low since the rules are you have to have attended the event... which obviously I didn't. Does it count if you wanted to??