Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 03-30-2011, 09:34 AM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2006 325i sport
Post Auto Bild: Q5 v. X3 v. GLK

Auto Bild recently compared the Audi A5 2.0 TDI, Merc GLK 220 CDI; and the X3 2.0d all equipped with all-wheel drive, 4 cylinder diesel engines, and automatic transmissions.

The Merc has the highest base price but fell between the Audi and BMW in many catagories such as ride comfort, interior space, and consumption. It was fairly decent off-road despite the 19" wheels as tested, and has the most standard equipment like electric seats and dual-zone climate automatic. 3rd place.

The Audi had the best interior room and comfort for passengers but was held back by a clunky autobox with kickdown taking longer than either the Merc or the BMW. A hard ride hurt its chances on-road and did it no favours off-road either. 2nd place. Both it and the Merc achieved an as-tested consumption of 7,7 l/100km.

The X3 2.0d took 1st place with the fastest acceleration and top speed (210km/h), as well as lowest as tested fuel consumption of 6,7 l/100km. The 8AT was praised for its quick responses and keeping the engine in the powerband (clunky shifter orientation takes getting used to). It had the best ride and also best handling courtesy of the DDC and Sport Steering. Also had the biggest trunk, although the interior isn't quite as ambient as the Audi. It has the lowest starting price in the comparo (39.400) but was optioned up to be the most expensive.

Artikel ist hier: http://www.autobild.de/artikel/bmw-x...t-1591512.html
Old 03-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 528i
No question about it.

I was doubtful about the new X3 based on the design, but the test drive completely changed my mind about the vehicle, despite the lack of spare and the so so aesthetics. Potential owners - dynamic handling and sport activity packages are must-have options.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:58 AM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
After all the trade rags gave the 07 AT X3 high marks when it came out I finally got smart and ignore any of their comments.

The incident with the JD powers interviewee stating how they were trying to steer his comment toward positive is why most of these mags are bought and sold by their advertisers only proves my point.

And to me the new BMW handles just like the Audi Q5, it's just faster.

I will stick to what the community here has to say six months from now.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 03-31-2011, 08:12 AM
Fountainhead

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post
After all the trade rags gave the 07 AT X3 high marks when it came out I finally got smart and ignore any of their comments.

The incident with the JD powers interviewee stating how they were trying to steer his comment toward positive is why most of these mags are bought and sold by their advertisers only proves my point.

I'm a freelancer, but I have done work for a few of the bigger auto mags. I wasn't pressured one way or another, but the stuff I was writing didn't have much of a slant to begin with. Real automotive reviewers (they're a dying breed) have too much integrity to be pressured by editors to write favorably about a car they dislike. They guys I know would rather quit than lie to their readers. Their livelihood depends on people believing in their integrity. That being said, everyone has their own bias. I know people who have never written a negative review about a brand that they like; even when the car clearly sucked. It's an art, not a science.
It should be noted that major publications have people on staff to ensure that the ad dept doesn't influence content.

Oh, and the X3 drives circles around the Q5. :P
Old 03-31-2011, 08:48 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
The really sad part is we can't get any of those diesel cars here!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:20 AM
Fountainhead

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
The really sad part is we can't get any of those diesel cars here!
Not YET. Rumor has it that we'll get a 35d in Sept/Oct.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post

Did you drive the one with dynamic handling package and compare that to Audi Q5?

Did you compare the brakes?

Car and Driver have always loved BMW's vehicles, but when BMW started electric steering, C/D did not shy away and strongly objected.