Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Dallas. Damn straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointandgo View Post
Since you are such an admirer, you may purchase a fine reproduction of Johnson''s dictionary for a reasonable price here:
http://www.foliosociety.com/book/JOD...n-s-dictionary
Wouldn't you know it, sold out!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
DSX trivia for you: Senior term paper in English Literature- "Conversations of Johnson and Boswell at the Cheshire Cheese". Yep, I wrote an entire paper of made up chatter between these two, and among their contemporaries, while knocking back ale or meade at their local. Naturally a lot of the banter concerned the Scots or Scotland.
I would have loved to see the look on your instructor's face when they opened up that baby to grade, and realized what you'd done.

Only thing I ever did like that was write the first two pages of a 5 page paper in backwards cursive long hand. It was on Pale Fire by Nobokov. (lots of mirror imagery!)

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 11-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Non compos Mentos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
I would have loved to see the look on your instructor's face when they opened up that baby to grade, and realized what you'd done.

Only thing I ever did like that was write the first two pages of a 5 page paper in backwards cursive long hand. It was on Pale Fire by Nobokov. (lots of mirror imagery!)
Sounds like fun. No, really! But I'm referring to the backwards cursive, not the poem. Nabokov postdates my education as I'm class of 1970 and he was just becoming known then. (We did a lot on obscure South American authors.) Pale Fire would have been horrendous reading for me. Nabokov gets just a little too esoteric for my tastes. Heck, I still think Moby Dick was really the story of a man and a whale and Gulliver's Travels had nothing to do with politics.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Sounds like fun. No, really! But I'm referring to the backwards cursive, not the poem.
LOL. It's a "stupid pet trick" that comes naturally when one is ambidexterous. It's fun to drop people's jaws when I put a pen in each hand and simultaneously write something forward with the right hand and backward with the left and the left is a perfect mirror image of the right.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:12 AM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Spotted on the way home yesterday. Sorry, the picture is poor with cell phone in the dark but you can make out some of the unique features of this late-model Toyota Camry. We like to make fun of peeps putting ///M badges on non-M cars, but this guy really goes to town with setting his Camry apart from the rest of the group. The following were spotted:

- License plate frame with "TRD" and bottom tag line "Total Road Domination."
- Plethora of badges on top-right corner of trunk above V6 designation. Most were "TRD" or some form of it. At least 3 if I recall!
- Sticker along driver window bottom portion that read full text "Toyota Racing Development"
- "TRD" badge on fender below signal light

Really, the guys and gals with ///M badges on their 328i's are subtle compared to this fellow. I hope to get a full picture of him in the future with better lighting; it was quite a sight.

(As far as I know, there are no special edition Camry's or other Toyota passenger cars that earn the "TRD" designation. I think they only have them on pick ups. )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0096.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	302153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 11-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Original *****

Mein Auto: '09 E90 LCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
Spotted on the way home yesterday. Sorry, the picture is poor with cell phone in the dark but you can make out some of the unique features of this late-model Toyota Camry. We like to make fun of peeps putting ///M badges on non-M cars, but this guy really goes to town with setting his Camry apart from the rest of the group. The following were spotted:

- Plethora of badges on top-right corner of trunk above V6 designation. Most were "TRD" or some form of it. At least 3 if I recall!
- Sticker along driver window bottom portion that read full text "Toyota Racing Development"

Really, the guys and gals with ///M badges on their 328i's are subtle compared to this fellow. I hope to get a full picture of him in the future with better lighting; it was quite a sight.

(As far as I know, there are no special edition Camry's or other Toyota passenger cars that earn the "TRD" designation. I think they only have them on pick ups. )
This is fitting...

Old 11-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
A number of NASCAR teams field the Camry so it's now a gen-yoo-wine race car, and don't choo fergit it, boy!

N47° 35' 30.13" E11° 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA
Old 11-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Non compos Mentos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
A number of NASCAR teams field the Camry so it's now a gen-yoo-wine race car, and don't choo fergit it, boy!
It's a Camry which has exactly the same engine, tires and basic body and suspension as all the other NASCAR cars. NASCAR has become an irrelevant joke. I know it still draws like crazy but so does jello wrestling.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Non compos Mentos

Quote:

If I lived down your way I'd slap a TRD badge on my 335 and cut you off. That'd get a whole thread.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
If I lived down your way I'd slap a TRD badge on my 335 and cut you off. That'd get a whole thread.
Easy! I like to stay alive and keep the car out of accidents. All you'd need to do is get the badge and drive around. I'll find you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 11-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
It's a Camry which has exactly the same engine, tires and basic body and suspension as all the other NASCAR cars. NASCAR has become an irrelevant joke. I know it still draws like crazy but so does jello wrestling.
Exactly my point. I've noticed a few Camrys 'round here lately with (factory or dealer-installed) spoilers and other "I'm a sporty car! Really I am!" trim bits...cracks me up every time and makes me think the NASCAR connection must be behind it.

N47° 35' 30.13" E11° 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA
Old 11-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Exactly my point. I've noticed a few Camrys 'round here lately with (factory or dealer-installed) spoilers and other "I'm a sporty car! Really I am!" trim bits...cracks me up every time and makes me think the NASCAR connection must be behind it.
It is kind of like the M-sport package from BMW!
Also available in Alpine White...
Old 11-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
Furby strikes again

http://news.yahoo.com/sticky-goo-pa-...120956851.html
Also available in Alpine White...
Old 11-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Officially Contaminated

Mein Auto: 2009 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-ratedE90 View Post
I'm a little disappointed in reading the comment section of that article. By looking at the title, I figured there would be thousands of perverted jokes. Yahoo must screen the comment section. Oh well, there were a few people that blamed it on Obama.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Re-Badged

Status.
Quote:
Old 11-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Re-Badged

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-ratedE90 View Post
It is kind of like the M-sport package from BMW!
Which is a re-badged Toyota.
Quote:
Old 11-27-2011, 05:35 AM
Original *****

I've come to the conclusion that this forum is dead. Unless I have a problem with my vehicle, I'm not sure I'm going to be spending much time here. I've just noticed that I haven't been on here in over a week, and I find myself only going here to see the regulars. The rest are people of a generation that has overrun this board. Our vehicles, 6 years later, are affordable to that kid who dreams of one while mowing yards, so we will see more garbage that is better suited for the 'other' forum here.

See you all around.

BTW, here's the latest pic of my ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	326386_268636183188259_100001256395647_903585_1074295115_o.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	302669  
Old 11-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi sportswagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocamryn View Post
I've come to the conclusion that this forum is dead. Unless I have a problem with my vehicle, I'm not sure I'm going to be spending much time here. I've just noticed that I haven't been on here in over a week, and I find myself only going here to see the regulars. The rest are people of a generation that has overrun this board. Our vehicles, 6 years later, are affordable to that kid who dreams of one while mowing yards, so we will see more garbage that is better suited for the 'other' forum here.

See you all around.

I think I'm in the same boat. I joined a bit to late to be a regular or to have any meaningful participation in the E9X generation. Though I will say this forum is better overall than a lot of other car that I've belonged to.

At any rate I'll be back in a few years if I decide to get an F30 M3 as my daily driver. The E91 is my wife's car anyway.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans Blue (yep GM used it too), titanium leather, 2LZ package, Bose sound system

Old 11-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Original *****

^^You're in the 'special' club, we have the secret handshake . BTW I was in Stuttgart friday, visiting friends and checking out the local Markets. Traffic was hell going home. 18K stau by Zuffenhausen almost all the way to the interchange...yea...I had 29 KM to my next turn according to I-Drive.

Last edited by FCBayernFTW; 11-27-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Non compos Mentos

Quote:

See you all around.

Not dead, just changing. I know what you mean though. Not sure the new demographic is going to bring back the fun we had in the early days. Things change, the E9x owner is getting younger and buying second hand. We have a broader base but I'm afraid it's no deeper.
It is just as our prophet foretold.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:17 AM
WTB - your E39 M5

Send a message via AIM to andyffer
Mein Auto: 02 530i, 09 335d
Quote:
See you all around.

black or painted reflectors and a drop.

If you're not a ******* at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a ************ at forty you have no brain.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Original *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyffer View Post
black or painted reflectors and a drop.
I'll be sure to let Paul Walker know

Pure BMW...I'm not happy that my rims aren't BMW....But I'm not willing to pay 6K for a set of rims on a 3 series.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:06 PM
WTB - your E39 M5

Send a message via AIM to andyffer
Mein Auto: 02 530i, 09 335d
Quote:
I'll be sure to let Paul Walker know

Pure BMW...I'm not happy that my rims aren't BMW....But I'm not willing to pay 6K for a set of rims on a 3 series.
the sport package lowers it

if you're happy with your 4x4 good for you, but it's not very BMW

If you're not a ******* at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a ************ at forty you have no brain.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:01 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
For those of you who need to fill up your completely flat tire, and you don't have air, but you have an accelerant (aka flamable material)....On mythbusters they just took a tire, that was unseated, filled it with spray accelerant and it got seated and inflated. Too much and it may blow, the right amount and it's good to go

Side note: I do not support, or condone anyone doing this...but if you do please video it first

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.