Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-28-2011, 07:58 AM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocamryn View Post

BTW, here's the latest pic of my ride.
I'm liking the wheels with the blacked out grille. Very nice!

By the way, I'm in a 2011 328i loaner today and noticed that the steering wheel for the ZSP 2011 is different from my 2009. It seems slightly thinner (which may be imagined) but it is missing the "humps" on the 2 and 10 position. I wonder if they changed it once they introduced the ZMP to set it apart?

I enjoyed the heated seats since it was about 35 this morning. An option I'd like to have but ultimately skipped since I had gone above budget already and it would introduce just one more item to fail in the long run. I have to say in manual mode with the paddle shifters the 328i is really quite enjoyable. I'd miss the act of shifting, but the GM AT downshifts faster and more consistently than I ever could. The tranmission is geared slightly differently, but the only way I can tell is due to the RPM tach. I'd be satisfied with this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY

Last edited by cwinter; 11-28-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
By the way, I'm in a 2011 328i loaner today and noticed that the steering wheel for the ZSP 2011 is different from my 2009. It seems slightly thinner (which may be imagined) but it is missing the "humps" on the 2 and 10 position. I wonder if they changed it once they introduced the ZMP to set it apart?
I suspect that might be a difference in the Sport wheel for automatic- vs. manual-transmission equipped cars, perhaps to avoid interference with or impaired visibility of the shift paddles. I have a 2011 with the Sport (not M Sport) package and a manual and the thumb rests are still here.

N47° 35' 30.13" E11° 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA
Old 11-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Here comes trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
I suspect that might be a difference in the Sport wheel for automatic- vs. manual-transmission equipped cars, perhaps to avoid interference with or impaired visibility of the shift paddles. I have a 2011 with the Sport (not M Sport) package and a manual and the thumb rests are still here.
Interesting observation, thank you! I believe you are correct. Thanks for pointing that out. It's interesting BMW would consider these cases. Take the old Dodge Challenger, for example (not sure about the current gen). If you have the smaller engine model that does not have the dual exhaust, your rear bumper will still have the bottom cut-out for the second exhaust pipe, even though the car does not have it. Looks kinda silly but reduces costs.

Quote:

Last edited by cwinter; 11-28-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:55 AM
GONE

Mein Auto: .................

LOL , did any one see that video? MAJOR FAIL!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Here comes trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFTW91 View Post

LOL , did any one see that video? MAJOR FAIL!!!
I love how irresponsible these *********s are. Someone is crossing the road with a child on a a bike. Another biker turns right next to them. And they take off like it's the Daytona 500. Glad they didn't hurt anyone but themselves.

Quote:
Old 11-28-2011, 04:28 PM
WTB - your E39 M5

Send a message via AIM to andyffer
Mein Auto: 02 530i, 09 335d
Im sure you guys remember that vid where the ZR1 crashed into the Charger? These Corvettes..

Went to a lame auto show last weekend, had a couple neat cars..

That FF and this kid's bike go hand in hand

If you're not a ******* at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a ************ at forty you have no brain.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:12 PM
WTB - your E39 M5

Send a message via AIM to andyffer
Mein Auto: 02 530i, 09 335d
Quote:
I love how irresponsible these *********s are. Someone is crossing the road with a child on a a bike. Another biker turns right next to them. And they take off like it's the Daytona 500. Glad they didn't hurt anyone but themselves.
I see way too many cases of it. makes me sick.
I was able to snap a pic before these two did almost the same thing

If you're not a ******* at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a ************ at forty you have no brain.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Thank goodness those jokers live in the Woodlands. Now imagine them on the road with a few texting soccer moms in their X5's and you'll have the complete picture.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 11-29-2011, 04:52 AM
Officially Contaminated

Mein Auto: 2009 E92 335i
The forum has definitely evolved since I've been a member. It's definitely different, but I enjoy hearing about the problems/repairs that are starting to pop up as these cars have aged. My current plan is to keep my car for another 2-3 years and the evaluate my options.

In other news: I recieved a significant promotion at work a few weeks ago. More money but less free time to enjoy the car. Comes with the territory I suppose. Managed to acquire a big shiny rock for my girlfriend last week. Haven't decided when I'm going to give it to her. She'll show it off at CTC4 this coming summer.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:07 AM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Submarine View Post
The forum has definitely evolved since I've been a member. It's definitely different, but I enjoy hearing about the problems/repairs that are starting to pop up as these cars have aged. My current plan is to keep my car for another 2-3 years and the evaluate my options.

In other news: I received a significant promotion at work a few weeks ago. More money but less free time to enjoy the car. Comes with the territory I suppose. Managed to acquire a big shiny rock for my girlfriend last week. Haven't decided when I'm going to give it to her. She'll show it off at CTC4 this coming summer.
Congrats and double congrats E92! She is a real sweetie, but you're breaking Furby's heart. He may not join us next year out of spite.
PS If she says "no" be sure to post that. We'll be there for you.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:34 AM
Here comes trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Thank goodness those jokers live in the Woodlands. Now imagine them on the road with a few texting soccer moms in their X5's and you'll have the complete picture.
I thought that area looked familiar! The Woodlands are nice to visit but my wife and I decided we wouldn't fit in.

Quote:

In other news: I recieved a significant promotion at work a few weeks ago. More money but less free time to enjoy the car. Comes with the territory I suppose. Managed to acquire a big shiny rock for my girlfriend last week. Haven't decided when I'm going to give it to her. She'll show it off at CTC4 this coming summer.
Congrats, E92! On both accounts. Has the house search been fruitful? I recall you looking a while back but don't recall seeing any success stories. Either way, the promotion will help make the search easier or help make payments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
Congrats and double congrats E92! She is a real sweetie, but you're breaking Furby's heart. He may not join us next year out of spite.
PS If she says "no" be sure to post that. We'll be there for you.
Ask Furby how helpful that was. We drove him to a girl with an Audi. We'll try to do better on our 2nd counseling assignment. Or perhaps this is the 3rd, if we consider the little piggy we helped make whole again a few pages back.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2011, 01:10 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Talk about Torture

Avis upgraded me to a Mustang this week.

Some moron, previously, set the parental mySpeed limiter. It can't go above 80MPH, and the volume can't go above setting 43 (old man setting).

This sucks

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Avis upgraded me to a Mustang this week.

Some moron, previously, set the parental mySpeed limiter. It can't go above 80MPH, and the volume can't go above setting 43 (old man setting).

This sucks
I have a rented Mercedes C Class for a few days. I will post my impressions tomorrow but so far I like it.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Old 11-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Quote:
Seconding (or thirding) the double Congrats!

Once again, proof that hard work and dilligence pays off.

p.s.
Did you do your homework and pay attention to all the hints she dropped regarding cut and setting? I'm sure she will say yes and be thrilled with your choice.

Quote:
I thought that area looked familiar! The Woodlands are nice to visit but my wife and I decided we wouldn't fit in.
Yep, IMHO, The Woodlands is a bit "Stepford".

The following kind of explains it all...... (DSX - since you used to work for Mattel in the Barbie Division you might have some insight here.........)

Mattel announces the release of models of Limited Edition Barbie Dolls for the Houston area market:

RIVER OAKS BARBIE:
This princess Barbie is only sold at The Galleria. She comes with an assortment of Kate Spade handbags, a Lexus, a long-haired foreign dog Named Honey and a cookie cutter house. Available with or without Tummy tuck, breast implants and face lift. Workaholic Ken sold only in conjunction With "augmented" version of Barbie.

KINGWOOD OR KATY BARBIE:
This trendy homemaker Barbie is available with your choice of Lexus SUV or Ford Windstar minivan. She gets lost easily and has no full time occupation or secondary education. Traffic jamming cell Phone sold separately. Optional matching gym outfit.

4th WARD BARBIE:
This recently paroled Barbie comes with a 9mm handgun, a Ray Lewis Knife, a Chevy with tinted windows and her own Meth Lab kit. This model is available after dark and can be paid for only in cash. Preferably small, untraceable bills. Unless you're a cop. Then we don't know what you're talking about.

WOODLANDS BARBIE:
This yuppie Barbie comes with choice of a BMW sports car (or SUV) or a souped up Hummer 2. Included are her own Starbucks cup, credit cards and country club membership. Also available for this set are Shallow Ken and Private School Skipper. But you can't afford them anyway.

PASADENA BARBIE:
This model comes dressed in her own Wrangler jeans two sizes too small, a NASCAR shirt and has a tattoo of a Tweety bird on her shoulder. She has big, stiff hair, a six pack of Bud Light and a Hank Williams,Jr. CD set. She can spit over 5 feet and can kick Mullet-haired Kenny doll's ass when she's drunk. Purchase her pickup truck separately and get its Confederate flag bumper stickers absolutely free.

INNER LOOP/WEST UNIVERSITY BARBIE:
This rhinoplastic Barbie wears a leopard-print beach outfit and drinks cosmopolitans while she entertains friends at her beach house in Galveston. This doll comes with an added bonus Nanny Skipper Doll for taking care of Barbie's invisible children whom she hardly knows. Percocet and Xanax prescription bottles also available.

MEMORIAL BARBIE:
This Barbie comes complete with a Suburban. Her highlighted hair is shoulder length and she wears khaki pants and a matching sweater set. Your choice of Golden Retriever or Labrador dog. Ken doll is unavailable due to his being perpetually "at the office" or "on a business trip." Other available accessories include: Tennis outfit and tennis racket, Harold Powell charge card, Prozac Prescription Bottle and the related Private Investigator Barbie (for checking up on Ken).

MONTROSE BARBIE:
This doll is made of actual tofu, has long gray hair and archless feet, sandals with white socks, no makeup and a mutt. She prefers that you call her "Willow."

BEAUMONT BARBIE:
This tobacco chewing, brassy-haired Barbie has a pair of her own high-heeled sandals with one broken heel from the time she chased her beer-gutted boyfriend out of Skipper's house. Her make-up is dark red lip liner with your choice of lips covered in a sparkly pink or no fill-in at all. Her ensemble includes low-rise acid-washed jeans with assorted colored G-strings that stick out the back and a white see-through halter-top. Accessories include: CD-player equipped with Bon Jovi and a rusty old Ford pick up.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793

Last edited by Nordic_Kat; 11-29-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Close Parentheses
Old 11-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Original *****

Mein Auto: '09 E90 LCI
^^You have WAY too much time on your hands!
Old 11-30-2011, 03:16 AM
Officially Contaminated

Quote:
Congrats, E92! On both accounts. Has the house search been fruitful? I recall you looking a while back but don't recall seeing any success stories. Either way, the promotion will help make the search easier or help make payments.
We're still looking, but in no hurry at the moment. She only works part time because of graduate school and with the defense budget cuts concerns, I want to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Seconding (or thirding) the double Congrats!

Once again, proof that hard work and dilligence pays off.

p.s.
Did you do your homework and pay attention to all the hints she dropped regarding cut and setting? I'm sure she will say yes and be thrilled with your choice.
They weren't hints, they were flat out requests.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Omnia moderata ratione

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocamryn View Post
^^You have WAY too much time on your hands!
LOL. I can't take credit for authoring it, just keeping it in my email archives.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:12 AM
Here comes trouble!

Quote:
We're still looking, but in no hurry at the moment. She only works part time because of graduate school and with the defense budget cuts concerns, I want to be safe.
Spoken like a true family man.

Always good to have time and pick the right house when you're ready for it.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2011, 02:54 PM
smooth like butter

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i | '14 F15 X5
Quote:

Congrats E92!

To your first statement I'd say, this forum has not changed at all. As a relative newbie, it might be easy to identify the "family dynamic" going on here: It's like the smurfs: NK is smurfette, surrounded by grumpy smurf, happy smurf, performance smurf, badge whore smurf, and just a bunch of new CPO smurfs that add on each day. Who would be papa smurf though?...
Old 11-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Non compos Mentos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inline Sixer View Post
Congrats E92!

To your first statement I'd say, this forum has not changed at all. As a relative newbie, it might be easy to identify the "family dynamic" going on here: It's like the smurfs: NK is smurfette, surrounded by grumpy smurf, happy smurf, performance smurf, badge whore smurf, and just a bunch of new CPO smurfs that add on each day. Who would be papa smurf though?...
Don't know, but I have a suggestion for "the 'funny' uncle" s///Murf.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
They weren't hints, they were flat out instructions.
Fixed!

N47° 35' 30.13" E11° 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA
Old 11-30-2011, 07:44 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:

Congrats!!! Give us the stats on the rock. Pic or it didn't happen!

Also congrats on the promotion!! What are you now? Sr Deckhand?

I plan on holding my car for a couple of more years. I wanted to get something new but with my new job I drive my car maybe once every 2-3 weeks.

Quote:

Ask Furby how helpful that was. We drove him to a girl with an Audi. We'll try to do better on our 2nd counseling assignment. Or perhaps this is the 3rd, if we consider the little piggy we helped make whole again a few pages back.
The Audi girl, I am pretty sure, is the reason why I am no longer with her best friend. In other news the dating situation is pretty good, even though I am in Ohio Mon-Thu every week since late August.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:53 AM
Officially Contaminated

Quote:
Congrats!!! Give us the stats on the rock. Pic or it didn't happen!

Also congrats on the promotion!! What are you now? Sr Deckhand?

I plan on holding my car for a couple of more years. I wanted to get something new but with my new job I drive my car maybe once every 2-3 weeks.

The Audi girl, I am pretty sure, is the reason why I am no longer with her best friend. In other news the dating situation is pretty good, even though I am in Ohio Mon-Thu every week since late August.
It's a 2 karat solitaire set in platinum. There are a few smaller diamonds that go 3/4 around the outside of the ring. Fully insured for the day she drops it down the drain in the sink.... which she will do.

Starting in February I will be a lead test engineer/installation foreman. My job will be to mop the poop deck.

Last edited by E92Submarine; 12-01-2011 at 04:03 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:16 AM
Non compos Mentos

Quote:
It's a 2 karat solitaire set in platinum. There are a few smaller diamonds that go 3/4 around the outside of the ring. Fully insured for the day she drops it down the drain in the sink.... which she will do.

Starting in February I will be a lead test engineer/installation foreman. My job will be to mop the poop deck.
Cripe, for that bauble Ellen DeGeneris would marry you! Way to go E92!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Officially Contaminated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
Cripe, for that bauble Ellen DeGeneris would marry you! Way to go E92!